I am going to Nepal in December. After Nepal I want to go overland to Lhasa and then catch the train from Lhasa to Beijing. Is this do-able? I know I can catch trains from Lhasa to Beijing but Lonely Planet says that there are no trains from Kathmandu to Lhasa. Are there other ways to do this? I will be alone and (am a young female) so do not want to hire a driver or car.
Can you go overland (not driving!) from Kathmandu -- Lhasa -- Beijing?
- 1 South East Asia
- 2 Considering extending my trip! Please help me figure this out
- 3 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 4 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 5 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 6 Bangkok restaurant or unique experience for anniversary
- 7 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 8 North India trip report with Castle and King tour company
- 9 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 10 escort service in Beijing?
- 11 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 12 Kathie's Burma Bookshelf
- 13 Suggestions for additional temples near Angkor (Siem Reap)?
- 14 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 15 Indian Visa
- 16 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 17 recommendations for tour company for private myanmar tour
- 18 India Visa - Does TRAVISA handle dealing with BLS International?
- 19 Magical India
- 20 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 21 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 22 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 23 Japan Times "Backstreet Stories"
- 24 ONLINE HOTEL BOOKING SCAM
- 25 Don't use World Expeditions