I am going to Nepal in December. After Nepal I want to go overland to Lhasa and then catch the train from Lhasa to Beijing. Is this do-able? I know I can catch trains from Lhasa to Beijing but Lonely Planet says that there are no trains from Kathmandu to Lhasa. Are there other ways to do this? I will be alone and (am a young female) so do not want to hire a driver or car.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam introduces E-Visas for 40 countries
- 2 Free Tour Guide In Hoi An, Viet Nam
- 3 Impressions of India
- 4 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 5 http://www.essentialdetoxsweden.com/retinolla-med-revoluxe/
- 6 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 7 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 8 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 9 Japan GTG, early April
- 10 Beijing tours
- 11 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 12 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 13 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 14 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 15 Takayama trail, Japan
- 16 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 17 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 18 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 19 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 20 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 21 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 22 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 23 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 24 Visa for India
- 25 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
Can you go overland (not driving!) from Kathmandu -- Lhasa -- Beijing?