I am going to Nepal in December. After Nepal I want to go overland to Lhasa and then catch the train from Lhasa to Beijing. Is this do-able? I know I can catch trains from Lhasa to Beijing but Lonely Planet says that there are no trains from Kathmandu to Lhasa. Are there other ways to do this? I will be alone and (am a young female) so do not want to hire a driver or car.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 It can be cheap but awesome!
- 2 Totally unprepared
- 3 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 4 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 5 Shanghai Airpor overnight
- 6 Chengdu, China - Giant Panda Research Base Travel Report
- 7 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 8 Rental Car Bali
- 9 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 10 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 11 Good Eats in Chiang Mai / Chiang Rai
- 12 A great trip in India
- 13 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 14 Krabi, Koh Lanta or other
- 15 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 16 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 17 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 18 Beggars in Siem Reap and Angkor
- 19 Some notes about South Korea
- 20 Thoughts on this itinerary
- 21 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 22 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 23 Burma itinerary critic.
- 24 Fabric shops in India
- 25 Japan Itinerary Help for April 2017
Can you go overland (not driving!) from Kathmandu -- Lhasa -- Beijing?