I am going to Nepal in December. After Nepal I want to go overland to Lhasa and then catch the train from Lhasa to Beijing. Is this do-able? I know I can catch trains from Lhasa to Beijing but Lonely Planet says that there are no trains from Kathmandu to Lhasa. Are there other ways to do this? I will be alone and (am a young female) so do not want to hire a driver or car.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 2 Bali private driver recommendation
- 3 North India Itinerary advice
- 4 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 5 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 6 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 7 The Indian money crunch.
- 8 The truth about elephant tourism
- 9 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 10 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 11 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 12 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 13 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 14 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 15 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 16 Kerala trip
- 17 E Visa for India?
- 18 1-2 months South East Asia
- 19 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 20 Help - India.
- 21 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 22 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 23 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 24 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 25 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
Can you go overland (not driving!) from Kathmandu -- Lhasa -- Beijing?