I am going to Nepal in December. After Nepal I want to go overland to Lhasa and then catch the train from Lhasa to Beijing. Is this do-able? I know I can catch trains from Lhasa to Beijing but Lonely Planet says that there are no trains from Kathmandu to Lhasa. Are there other ways to do this? I will be alone and (am a young female) so do not want to hire a driver or car.
Can you go overland (not driving!) from Kathmandu -- Lhasa -- Beijing?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 50+ travelling solo in Vietnam - where to stay in Hanoi
- 2 Two questions about Thailand
- 3 Six hours in Seoul, Korea
- 4 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 5 china
- 6 Sri Lanka trip Sept 2014
- 7 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 8 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 9 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 10 Mid Dec trip - Trying to plan alone **Feedback please****
- 11 Sapphire princess cruise from Singapore
- 12 THAILAND** Redone based on feedback dropped agent trying to do it myself
- 13 New airport in Mumbai
- 14 Advice me to select saving plans in terms of free roaming
- 15 South East Asia
- 16 Driving in Laos
- 17 One week in Tokyo
- 18 Agent to book domestic Nepal flights
- 19 Ideal itereneray for Nepal
- 20 Where to next after watching Nanjing 2014 YOG
- 21 Overnight layover/transit in PEK or Shanghai WITHOUT a visa?
- 22 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 23 5 days booked in Ubud - would you spend one at the Writer's festival?
- 24 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 25 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?