I am going to Nepal in December. After Nepal I want to go overland to Lhasa and then catch the train from Lhasa to Beijing. Is this do-able? I know I can catch trains from Lhasa to Beijing but Lonely Planet says that there are no trains from Kathmandu to Lhasa. Are there other ways to do this? I will be alone and (am a young female) so do not want to hire a driver or car.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 LEXMARK 1800:681:7208 installations CONTACT ☎ LEXMARK printer TEC*h 24/7??
- 2 India help needed
- 3 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 4 Hotel Chang Mai
- 5 Beach hotel Thailand
- 6 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 7 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 8 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 9 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 10 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 11 Sim cards and adaptors
- 12 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 13 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 14 Sri Lanka Visa
- 15 Hoi Ann hotel
- 16 Hotel in Hanoi
- 17 Place to stay Hue
- 18 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 19 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 20 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 21 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 22 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 23 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 24 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 25 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
Can you go overland (not driving!) from Kathmandu -- Lhasa -- Beijing?