I am going to Nepal in December. After Nepal I want to go overland to Lhasa and then catch the train from Lhasa to Beijing. Is this do-able? I know I can catch trains from Lhasa to Beijing but Lonely Planet says that there are no trains from Kathmandu to Lhasa. Are there other ways to do this? I will be alone and (am a young female) so do not want to hire a driver or car.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 2 Honeymoon in Bali
- 3 Choosing destination while travelling with infant
- 4 Sri Lanka in 12 Days
- 5 Jewellery in Singapore
- 6 2 Week Honeymoon in Singapore and Indonesia
- 7 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 8 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 9 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 10 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 11 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 12 Honeymoon in Thailan
- 13 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 14 Train Travel in Thailand
- 15 base in Osaka or Kyoto question
- 16 Phillipines - Tour Companies
- 17 Phuket
- 18 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 19 Tokyo & Kyoto
- 20 Planning first India trip: Advice needed!!
- 21 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 22 Beautiful location for painting
- 23 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan
- 24 Tips for Myanmar in October
- 25 NOT the Same Visa on Arrival Question... Sorta
Can you go overland (not driving!) from Kathmandu -- Lhasa -- Beijing?