I am going to Nepal in December. After Nepal I want to go overland to Lhasa and then catch the train from Lhasa to Beijing. Is this do-able? I know I can catch trains from Lhasa to Beijing but Lonely Planet says that there are no trains from Kathmandu to Lhasa. Are there other ways to do this? I will be alone and (am a young female) so do not want to hire a driver or car.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hanoi, Vietnam - The last days in April, 2015
- 2 Itinerary... and lots of trains. Advice Please
- 3 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 4 Myanmar Help
- 5 Which Cities in India if Only Have 8 days on Land?
- 6 Hotel in Tokyo
- 7 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?
- 8 Japan family trip in late Dec
- 9 Rain, hail (softened by sakura) couldn't stop us from loving Japan!
- 10 Best month for weather, Burma, Laos
- 11 INDIA: "A Pleasant Surprise"
- 12 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 13 Suggestions for plan B?: a week in Thailand in early November
- 14 Money (and cards) in Myanmar
- 15 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 16 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 17 I will be in Ubud for 9 days?
- 18 Cover in Bagan/temples
- 19 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 20 Trip report: Thailand and Laos - Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Luang Prabang
- 21 Your "must try" Japanese food experiences.
- 22 Japan Itinerary Help
- 23 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 24 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 25 Flower Arranging in Kyoto
Can you go overland (not driving!) from Kathmandu -- Lhasa -- Beijing?