Heading to Vietnam & Cambodia later this year and am due for a new camera. (Mine is 7+ years old, was used through college and has been all over the world)
I currently have a Canon Rebel, with a 75-300 lens, 18-55 lens, and a macro lens (the cheap one... can't remember the length)
If possible I'd like to keep the lenses and just get a new base, but have heard some lenses don't transition base-to- base- is this right?
Which base would you recommend for someone who loves photography, but is not well educated with it(I play with settings, but its more luck when something turns out right). Budget I'd say is ~ $2k.
Should I get a wide angle too? People rave about 'fixed lenses' 50mm? What benefits do those have?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Magical India
- 2 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 3 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 4 Japan Itinerary!
- 5 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 6 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 7 Himachal Pradesh
- 8 Luggage size China ?
- 9 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 10 Thai Elephants
- 11 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 12 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 13 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 14 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 15 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 16 Sri Lanka in August
- 17 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 18 India itinerary critique please
- 19 Japan/Korea/HK
- 20 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 21 Vientiane and ??
- 22 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 23 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 24 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 25 Impressions of India