Heading to Vietnam & Cambodia later this year and am due for a new camera. (Mine is 7+ years old, was used through college and has been all over the world)
I currently have a Canon Rebel, with a 75-300 lens, 18-55 lens, and a macro lens (the cheap one... can't remember the length)
If possible I'd like to keep the lenses and just get a new base, but have heard some lenses don't transition base-to- base- is this right?
Which base would you recommend for someone who loves photography, but is not well educated with it(I play with settings, but its more luck when something turns out right). Budget I'd say is ~ $2k.
Should I get a wide angle too? People rave about 'fixed lenses' 50mm? What benefits do those have?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan
- 2 Phuket
- 3 Beautiful location for painting
- 4 Train Travel in Thailand
- 5 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 6 NOT the Same Visa on Arrival Question... Sorta
- 7 base in Osaka or Kyoto question
- 8 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 9 New luxury hotel in Singapore
- 10 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 11 2 Week Honeymoon in Singapore and Indonesia
- 12 Hotels in Krabi area
- 13 Te Best Luxury Ryokans in Japan
- 14 Tokyo hotels
- 15 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 16 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 17 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 18 Adventures Abroad
- 19 4.5 days in Singapore
- 20 5 day rain-free trip in India
- 21 Ryokan in Hakone - best location?
- 22 Hakone question
- 23 "Ishaani" and "Ranvir" return from 2 weeks in Uzbekistan
- 24 Advise on visting Hokkaido to photograph cranes
- 25 Question about travel to Mae Sot