Heading to Vietnam & Cambodia later this year and am due for a new camera. (Mine is 7+ years old, was used through college and has been all over the world)
I currently have a Canon Rebel, with a 75-300 lens, 18-55 lens, and a macro lens (the cheap one... can't remember the length)
If possible I'd like to keep the lenses and just get a new base, but have heard some lenses don't transition base-to- base- is this right?
Which base would you recommend for someone who loves photography, but is not well educated with it(I play with settings, but its more luck when something turns out right). Budget I'd say is ~ $2k.
Should I get a wide angle too? People rave about 'fixed lenses' 50mm? What benefits do those have?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 2 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 3 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 4 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 5 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 6 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 7 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 8 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 9 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
- 10 An island paradise?
- 11 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 12 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 13 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 14 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 15 Budget accommodation in Krabi and Phi Phi island??
- 16 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 17 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 18 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 19 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 20 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 21 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 22 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 23 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 24 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 25 Spontaneous trip to Japan