Heading to Vietnam & Cambodia later this year and am due for a new camera. (Mine is 7+ years old, was used through college and has been all over the world)
I currently have a Canon Rebel, with a 75-300 lens, 18-55 lens, and a macro lens (the cheap one... can't remember the length)
If possible I'd like to keep the lenses and just get a new base, but have heard some lenses don't transition base-to- base- is this right?
Which base would you recommend for someone who loves photography, but is not well educated with it(I play with settings, but its more luck when something turns out right). Budget I'd say is ~ $2k.
Should I get a wide angle too? People rave about 'fixed lenses' 50mm? What benefits do those have?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 2 First China visit - bringing in my prescriptions.
- 3 RHK's Fall escape
- 4 Advice on itinerary Japan 12 nights
- 5 Japan then Bali - Where to Fly In & Out?
- 6 Hike to summit of Mount Kinabalu
- 7 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 8 Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown in VN
- 9 Bandhavgarh National Park - Garhwal Himalayan Expedition
- 10 So, why go to Vietnam?
- 11 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 12 Transportation to mt koya-san from Osaka
- 13 Suggest places in Uttarakhand
- 14 Tokyo and Kyoto in one week
- 15 Thailand Assistance
- 16 Jaisalmer or Ranthambore Nat'l Park
- 17 Good unlimited data for tourists
- 18 Clean hotel near BKK for early flight
- 19 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 20 Bangkok hotel - Feedback requested on specific hotels
- 21 Finding best Vietnam and Cambodia cruise in Mekong river for family
- 22 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 23 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 24 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 25 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2016 - Annapurna Base Camp (and more)