Heading to Vietnam & Cambodia later this year and am due for a new camera. (Mine is 7+ years old, was used through college and has been all over the world)
I currently have a Canon Rebel, with a 75-300 lens, 18-55 lens, and a macro lens (the cheap one... can't remember the length)
If possible I'd like to keep the lenses and just get a new base, but have heard some lenses don't transition base-to- base- is this right?
Which base would you recommend for someone who loves photography, but is not well educated with it(I play with settings, but its more luck when something turns out right). Budget I'd say is ~ $2k.
Should I get a wide angle too? People rave about 'fixed lenses' 50mm? What benefits do those have?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kampot/Kep- 3 days
- 2 Vietnam vs. Beijing
- 3 Southern India here we come
- 4 2 months in Indonesia
- 5 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 6 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 7 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 8 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 9 I miss Mongolia
- 10 Seoul Searching Questions
- 11 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 12 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 13 Visa on Arrival
- 14 Cooking Classes & Private Tours- Bangkok
- 15 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 16 Cambodia to Vietnam via Phu Quoc - visa question, please help
- 17 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 18 Japanese art
- 19 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 20 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 21 Which website to check train availability & cost
- 22 First time to SEA
- 23 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 24 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 25 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok