Heading to Vietnam & Cambodia later this year and am due for a new camera. (Mine is 7+ years old, was used through college and has been all over the world)
I currently have a Canon Rebel, with a 75-300 lens, 18-55 lens, and a macro lens (the cheap one... can't remember the length)
If possible I'd like to keep the lenses and just get a new base, but have heard some lenses don't transition base-to- base- is this right?
Which base would you recommend for someone who loves photography, but is not well educated with it(I play with settings, but its more luck when something turns out right). Budget I'd say is ~ $2k.
Should I get a wide angle too? People rave about 'fixed lenses' 50mm? What benefits do those have?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 나눔파워볼 ≪ 접속주소 : pwn21.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 3 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 4 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 5 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 6 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 7 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 8 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 9 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 10 Christmas in the Alps
- 11 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 12 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 13 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 14 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 15 Laos or Kerala?
- 16 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 17 Bali & Singapore in October
- 18 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 19 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 20 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 21 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 22 Booking on the fly
- 23 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 24 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 25 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?