Heading to Vietnam & Cambodia later this year and am due for a new camera. (Mine is 7+ years old, was used through college and has been all over the world)
I currently have a Canon Rebel, with a 75-300 lens, 18-55 lens, and a macro lens (the cheap one... can't remember the length)
If possible I'd like to keep the lenses and just get a new base, but have heard some lenses don't transition base-to- base- is this right?
Which base would you recommend for someone who loves photography, but is not well educated with it(I play with settings, but its more luck when something turns out right). Budget I'd say is ~ $2k.
Should I get a wide angle too? People rave about 'fixed lenses' 50mm? What benefits do those have?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 2 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 3 Honeymoon Indonesia 10 days. Where?
- 4 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 5 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 6 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 7 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 8 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 9 Confused how to organize Burma itinerary.
- 10 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 12 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 13 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 14 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 15 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 16 Totally unprepared
- 17 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 18 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 19 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 20 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 21 An island paradise?
- 22 1946-2007: An Old Soldier Returns to Camp Site in Beppu
- 23 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 24 Yet again! This time in Dharamsala
- 25 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??