Heading to Vietnam & Cambodia later this year and am due for a new camera. (Mine is 7+ years old, was used through college and has been all over the world)
I currently have a Canon Rebel, with a 75-300 lens, 18-55 lens, and a macro lens (the cheap one... can't remember the length)
If possible I'd like to keep the lenses and just get a new base, but have heard some lenses don't transition base-to- base- is this right?
Which base would you recommend for someone who loves photography, but is not well educated with it(I play with settings, but its more luck when something turns out right). Budget I'd say is ~ $2k.
Should I get a wide angle too? People rave about 'fixed lenses' 50mm? What benefits do those have?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 18008416436 netfix support tollfree number
- 2 9 days in Bali
- 3 dog transport
- 4 http://www.fitwaypoint.com/maxtropin/
- 5 Best Hotels in Agra, India
- 6 Best Hotels in Agra, India
- 7 Woodblock prints in Tokyo
- 8 Tibet and BhutanTour
- 9 Travel to India in May?
- 10 READ MORE== http://yoursbetterhealthsolutions.com/testorx/
- 11 Bus service in Nepal
- 12 4.5 days in Singapore
- 13 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?
- 14 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 15 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 16 Italy from an Asian base
- 17 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 18 Advice for a newbie!
- 19 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 20 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 21 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 22 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
- 23 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 24 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 25 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?