I am planning a last minute trip to Cambodia and I was hoping to get a few comments on my itinerary.
I will be flying into Phenom Penh so I can get a feel for the modern day history before traveling around the country for 21 days.
As anywhere else in the world I don’t want to overcook myself bouncing to a million places so, in theory, I am trying to cut a more relaxed pace.
Though I am sure it’s still probably too busy.
Tiny background. I like it all! Especially food and history. I would love to get on the backroads a little to bike around.
So the plan.
• 3 Days -Phenom Penh
• 4 Days - Kampot/Kep (Stay Kampot)
• 3 Days - Battambang
• 5 Days - Siem Reap
That’s 15 days all up, without any inclusion of travel time.
This leaves 6 days on hand.
I am not sure how to proceed here. Sihanoukville’s islands or Otres beach sound good but I am wondering if I am biting off more than I can chew.
Though I could fly from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap. A homestay would also be of interest.
Any advice on where I should spend those extra days? I feel that maybe Eastern Cambodia is better served for another time.
Thoughts, comments and criticism would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India's most loved Rummy Site!
- 2 Himachal Pradesh
- 3 Japan Itinerary!
- 4 Know the Man Behind Natadola Project
- 5 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 6 Help! Shanghai intern housing
- 7 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 8 Luggage size China ?
- 9 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 10 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 11 Thai Elephants
- 12 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 13 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 14 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 15 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 16 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 17 Sri Lanka in August
- 18 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 19 India itinerary critique please
- 20 Japan/Korea/HK
- 21 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 22 Vientiane and ??
- 23 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 24 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 25 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar