I am planning a last minute trip to Cambodia and I was hoping to get a few comments on my itinerary.
I will be flying into Phenom Penh so I can get a feel for the modern day history before traveling around the country for 21 days.
As anywhere else in the world I don’t want to overcook myself bouncing to a million places so, in theory, I am trying to cut a more relaxed pace.
Though I am sure it’s still probably too busy.
Tiny background. I like it all! Especially food and history. I would love to get on the backroads a little to bike around.
So the plan.
• 3 Days -Phenom Penh
• 4 Days - Kampot/Kep (Stay Kampot)
• 3 Days - Battambang
• 5 Days - Siem Reap
That’s 15 days all up, without any inclusion of travel time.
This leaves 6 days on hand.
I am not sure how to proceed here. Sihanoukville’s islands or Otres beach sound good but I am wondering if I am biting off more than I can chew.
Though I could fly from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap. A homestay would also be of interest.
Any advice on where I should spend those extra days? I feel that maybe Eastern Cambodia is better served for another time.
Thoughts, comments and criticism would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 LGBT tour service and personal tour guide in Taiwan!
- 2 Twin rooms in Japan
- 3 sri lanka- tips required
- 4 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 5 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 6 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 7 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 8 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 9 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 10 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 11 Impressions of India
- 12 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 13 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 14 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 15 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 16 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 17 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 18 Christmas in the Alps
- 19 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 20 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 21 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 22 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 23 Laos or Kerala?
- 24 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 25 Bali & Singapore in October