I'm planning a short stopover in Siem Riep in December en route from Sydney to London. My passport (British) is due to expire early June 2014 so I'll be a few days short of the standard 6 month validity for the visa. I have read conflicting things online as to whether I need 4 or 6 months to get my visa on arrival so this morning I called the Cambodian embassy in Canberra. They said I need 6 months but there may unofficially be some discretion amongst immigration at the airport, the official line is 6 months. Both the UK and US Cambodian embassy websites say 4 months although the person I spoke to in Australia said this was out of date. I emailed the UK Cambodian embassy last week but have had no reply.
Does anyone have any first hand experience of this? I'll only be stopping 4 days and will have my return ticket to Bangkok and onward journey to London with me if that helps. I'm also happy to pay a few extra USD on arrival if required.
I can't renew my passport before the trip as it has an active Australian visa attached so I imagine would be a complicated and probably expensive hassle.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Italy from an Asian base
- 2 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 3 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 4 2 weeks in Java
- 5 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 6 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 7 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 8 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 9 My new 10 year china visa
- 10 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 11 Hotel with easy access to Itami airport
- 12 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 13 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 14 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 15 suggestions for 2nd time to Vietnam itinerary
- 16 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 17 Update on riding elephants
- 18 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong
- 19 SOUTHEAST ASIA 6 WEEKS
- 20 Medical Trip Insurance: To Buy Or Not To Buy
- 21 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 22 Thailand 1st time - June travel
- 23 Thai Airways International Layover: Baggage Recheck?
- 24 What's the best city to travel in Southeast Asia in a short period of time?
- 25 Best Place To Visit in Delhi