I'm planning a short stopover in Siem Riep in December en route from Sydney to London. My passport (British) is due to expire early June 2014 so I'll be a few days short of the standard 6 month validity for the visa. I have read conflicting things online as to whether I need 4 or 6 months to get my visa on arrival so this morning I called the Cambodian embassy in Canberra. They said I need 6 months but there may unofficially be some discretion amongst immigration at the airport, the official line is 6 months. Both the UK and US Cambodian embassy websites say 4 months although the person I spoke to in Australia said this was out of date. I emailed the UK Cambodian embassy last week but have had no reply.
Does anyone have any first hand experience of this? I'll only be stopping 4 days and will have my return ticket to Bangkok and onward journey to London with me if that helps. I'm also happy to pay a few extra USD on arrival if required.
I can't renew my passport before the trip as it has an active Australian visa attached so I imagine would be a complicated and probably expensive hassle.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 바다이야기릴게임 ＜접_속: kkn36.com＞
- 2 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 3 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 4 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 5 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 6 sri lanka- tips required
- 7 base bangkok or manilla
- 8 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 9 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 10 Idiotic time zone question
- 11 Christmas in the Alps
- 12 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 13 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 14 Mount Koya
- 15 Sometahing is wrong
- 16 Twin rooms in Japan
- 17 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 18 Change my Itinerary?
- 19 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 20 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 21 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 22 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 23 Impressions of India
- 24 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 25 India - remnants of the British Raj