I'm planning a short stopover in Siem Riep in December en route from Sydney to London. My passport (British) is due to expire early June 2014 so I'll be a few days short of the standard 6 month validity for the visa. I have read conflicting things online as to whether I need 4 or 6 months to get my visa on arrival so this morning I called the Cambodian embassy in Canberra. They said I need 6 months but there may unofficially be some discretion amongst immigration at the airport, the official line is 6 months. Both the UK and US Cambodian embassy websites say 4 months although the person I spoke to in Australia said this was out of date. I emailed the UK Cambodian embassy last week but have had no reply.
Does anyone have any first hand experience of this? I'll only be stopping 4 days and will have my return ticket to Bangkok and onward journey to London with me if that helps. I'm also happy to pay a few extra USD on arrival if required.
I can't renew my passport before the trip as it has an active Australian visa attached so I imagine would be a complicated and probably expensive hassle.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 2 Japan itinerary advice
- 3 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 4 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 5 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 6 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 7 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 8 Other than Kyoto?
- 9 Trip Report : China
- 10 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 11 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 12 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 13 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 14 Japan GTG, early April
- 15 Beijing tours
- 16 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 17 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 18 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 19 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 20 A great trip in India
- 21 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 22 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 23 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 24 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 25 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama