I'm planning a short stopover in Siem Riep in December en route from Sydney to London. My passport (British) is due to expire early June 2014 so I'll be a few days short of the standard 6 month validity for the visa. I have read conflicting things online as to whether I need 4 or 6 months to get my visa on arrival so this morning I called the Cambodian embassy in Canberra. They said I need 6 months but there may unofficially be some discretion amongst immigration at the airport, the official line is 6 months. Both the UK and US Cambodian embassy websites say 4 months although the person I spoke to in Australia said this was out of date. I emailed the UK Cambodian embassy last week but have had no reply.
Does anyone have any first hand experience of this? I'll only be stopping 4 days and will have my return ticket to Bangkok and onward journey to London with me if that helps. I'm also happy to pay a few extra USD on arrival if required.
I can't renew my passport before the trip as it has an active Australian visa attached so I imagine would be a complicated and probably expensive hassle.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 2 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 3 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 4 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 5 Which Thailand beach is best for early October weather?
- 6 Bali & Singapore
- 7 Thailand - Help with Itinerary 15 Days to incl. North & South
- 8 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 9 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
- 10 An island paradise?
- 11 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 12 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 13 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 14 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 15 Budget accommodation in Krabi and Phi Phi island??
- 16 Is SE Asia overrated as a cheap destination?
- 17 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 18 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 19 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 20 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 21 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 22 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 23 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 24 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 25 Earthquake in Myanmar