I'm planning a short stopover in Siem Riep in December en route from Sydney to London. My passport (British) is due to expire early June 2014 so I'll be a few days short of the standard 6 month validity for the visa. I have read conflicting things online as to whether I need 4 or 6 months to get my visa on arrival so this morning I called the Cambodian embassy in Canberra. They said I need 6 months but there may unofficially be some discretion amongst immigration at the airport, the official line is 6 months. Both the UK and US Cambodian embassy websites say 4 months although the person I spoke to in Australia said this was out of date. I emailed the UK Cambodian embassy last week but have had no reply.
Does anyone have any first hand experience of this? I'll only be stopping 4 days and will have my return ticket to Bangkok and onward journey to London with me if that helps. I'm also happy to pay a few extra USD on arrival if required.
I can't renew my passport before the trip as it has an active Australian visa attached so I imagine would be a complicated and probably expensive hassle.
Thanks for your help!
Cambodia visa on arrival - passport validity
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 2 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 3 April in Bangkok, again!
- 4 Problems at 12,000'
- 5 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 6 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 7 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 8 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 9 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 10 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 11 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 12 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 13 Which Putu in Bali????
- 14 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 15 Japan, japan
- 16 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 17 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 18 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 19 Hong Kong restaurants
- 20 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 21 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 22 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 23 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 24 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 25 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed