I'm planning a short stopover in Siem Riep in December en route from Sydney to London. My passport (British) is due to expire early June 2014 so I'll be a few days short of the standard 6 month validity for the visa. I have read conflicting things online as to whether I need 4 or 6 months to get my visa on arrival so this morning I called the Cambodian embassy in Canberra. They said I need 6 months but there may unofficially be some discretion amongst immigration at the airport, the official line is 6 months. Both the UK and US Cambodian embassy websites say 4 months although the person I spoke to in Australia said this was out of date. I emailed the UK Cambodian embassy last week but have had no reply.
Does anyone have any first hand experience of this? I'll only be stopping 4 days and will have my return ticket to Bangkok and onward journey to London with me if that helps. I'm also happy to pay a few extra USD on arrival if required.
I can't renew my passport before the trip as it has an active Australian visa attached so I imagine would be a complicated and probably expensive hassle.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 2 Finding best Vietnam and Cambodia cruise in Mekong river for family
- 3 Where/when/how should I get my visa for Vietnam?
- 4 How to do this
- 5 Yerevan. Regrets.
- 6 Japan in February
- 7 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 8 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 9 Hotel in Delhi
- 10 On a scale of 1 to 10, how dirty is India?
- 11 Please recommend overnight side trips from Fukuoka
- 12 Two weeks itinerary in Japan with JR pass
- 13 Trekking partner/s for Annapurna circuitic Title
- 14 Phuket
- 15 India: Flying from Varanasi to New Delhi
- 16 How long are the lines at the JR Offices at Narita
- 17 Please help me plan a return visit to Vietnam
- 18 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2016 - Annapurna Base Camp (and more)
- 19 Private Care PP to SR with child
- 20 Special trip to Vietnam February
- 21 Vietnam itinerary help for May
- 22 Siargao Island for Sun & Surf
- 23 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 24 Hong Kong - Travel Report
- 25 Matsumoto-Kamikochi-Takayama