I am finally making the transition from my old point-and-shoot camera, to a semi-professional DSLR style camera. I have been travelling a lot and I would like to get a nice camera that takes really good quality photos with a big zoom My point-and-shoot camera and phone camera are no longer adequate. I have found some very good deals online here in the U.S. for Nikon, Cannon and Fuji cameras (Amazon). I will visiting Tokyo for the first time later this year. Based on my research, it looks like Akihabara in Tokyo is an area filled with electronics stores. I am wondering whether I should just wait and purchase a nice camera in Tokyo. Will I get a better deal (accounting for dollar to yen exchange rate) and better quality camera in Tokyo? Will there be cameras in English that function well back in the U.S?
Will I be able to find other innovative electronics in Tokyo that I could bring back?
Any advice or suggestions will be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Buying Cameras and Other Electronics in Tokyo?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 2 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 3 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 4 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 5 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 6 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 7 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 8 First time to srilanka
- 9 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 10 where can i find replica handbags
- 11 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 12 1week in Hyderabad in mid-April need itinerary help
- 13 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 14 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 15 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 16 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 17 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 18 Nepal
- 19 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 20 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 21 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 22 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 23 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 24 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 25 1st time Japan - solo female