I am not sure if it makes sense for me to buy the Japan Rail pass...here is the travel requirement on trains.
Travel within Tokyo and Kyoto cities
Tokyo to Nikko and back
Travel Tokyo to Kyoto - on the Nozomi train which is not covered by the JR Pass
Kyoto to Nara and back
Kyoto to Mt Koya
Mt Koya to Osaka airport
Will having a JR pass make it convenient and cheaper or no point getting one?
Buy Japan Rail pass or not?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 2 Travel & leisure reports Burma as one of most dangerous countries to visit
- 3 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 4 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 5 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 6 Staying 3 nights in Jaisalmer, what attractions we should see
- 7 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 8 2 Weeks Thailand Honeymoon
- 9 Kyushu rail pass
- 10 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 11 Ryoken recommendation pls either in Tokyo;Hiroshima;Kyoto?
- 12 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 13 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 14 Currency in South Korea
- 15 Tipping in Japan
- 16 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 17 Places to visit in India in October
- 18 Flying back and forth between Vietnam and Cambodia: where to start
- 19 Cambodge / Laos / Vietnam arts
- 20 Driver in South India
- 21 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 22 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 23 6 full days in Yagoon
- 24 5 day Bangkok Itinerary?
- 25 Amphawa Floating Market