I am not sure if it makes sense for me to buy the Japan Rail pass...here is the travel requirement on trains.
Travel within Tokyo and Kyoto cities
Tokyo to Nikko and back
Travel Tokyo to Kyoto - on the Nozomi train which is not covered by the JR Pass
Kyoto to Nara and back
Kyoto to Mt Koya
Mt Koya to Osaka airport
Will having a JR pass make it convenient and cheaper or no point getting one?
Buy Japan Rail pass or not?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 2 Writers Needed for Japan
- 3 Beijing Yashou Market Closure
- 4 Favorite guide books for Japan and other advice for planning?
- 5 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 6 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 7 17 Day Itinerary
- 8 11 hour NRT Tokyo Layover…Asakusa or Narita Town?
- 9 Bali Help
- 10 Help Needed for Ambitious 22 day trip Bali and SE ASIA for Mom and Son
- 11 Chiang Mai to the Beach
- 12 Is 7 days too long in Hong Kong
- 13 6 days in HK with husband and 6 yr old son-would love recs
- 14 Help with Burma Itinerary
- 15 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 16 Hong Kong....How hideous is the flight????
- 17 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 18 National Parks - which to choose
- 19 Smoke-Free Restaurants in Kanazawa
- 20 27 days in Indonesia - itinerary help!
- 21 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 22 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 23 Bringing medication to Thailand
- 24 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 25 Sri Lanka Cultural Triangle - B&B or half board? - Advice please