I am planning to go to Burma in February. I would like to visit Sankar lake instead of Inle lake.
Does anay one know if it if possible to get to Loikaw from Yangon and then sleep in the village of Sankar ? I can't find out if Loikaw is open to foreigners and if staying overnight in Sankar is allowed.
Otherwise is it possible to get to Pekon (on the South West bank of Sankar lake) from Aungban (by train), then take a boat to Nampan, then walk to Takku ?
Thank you !
Burma - Sankar and Inle lakes
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 2 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 3 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 4 Ubud Tips
- 5 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 6 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 7 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 8 Kathie’s & Cheryl’s Impressions of Japan
- 9 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 10 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 11 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 12 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 13 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 14 First time to srilanka
- 15 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 16 1week in Hyderabad in mid-April need itinerary help
- 17 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 18 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 19 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 20 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 21 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 22 Nepal
- 23 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 24 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 25 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!