I am planning to go to Burma in February. I would like to visit Sankar lake instead of Inle lake.
Does anay one know if it if possible to get to Loikaw from Yangon and then sleep in the village of Sankar ? I can't find out if Loikaw is open to foreigners and if staying overnight in Sankar is allowed.
Otherwise is it possible to get to Pekon (on the South West bank of Sankar lake) from Aungban (by train), then take a boat to Nampan, then walk to Takku ?
Thank you !
Burma - Sankar and Inle lakes
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 2 Hakone - where to stay for two nights
- 3 Adelphi Suites
- 4 Clothing needs
- 5 2 Weeks in Thailand - Looking for suggestions
- 6 Silver shops on New Road behind the Oriental Hotel. Bangkok
- 7 Nancy Chandler maps
- 8 Hong Kong, Thailand Skin products
- 9 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 10 Phuket Reniassaince/The Shore in November-swimmable beach?
- 11 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 12 Help re. Visa.
- 13 Snow Monkeys in Japan
- 14 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 15 2-3 days to spend near Shanghai: Hangzhou or Monganshan?
- 16 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 17 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 18 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 19 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 20 Jet Lagged in Mumbai
- 21 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 22 Free Sumo ticket in Fukuoka November 21
- 23 Do we need to reserve trains far in advance or just rock up to Station?
- 24 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 25 getting from Chiang Mai to Kanchanaburi