I am planning to go to Burma in February. I would like to visit Sankar lake instead of Inle lake.
Does anay one know if it if possible to get to Loikaw from Yangon and then sleep in the village of Sankar ? I can't find out if Loikaw is open to foreigners and if staying overnight in Sankar is allowed.
Otherwise is it possible to get to Pekon (on the South West bank of Sankar lake) from Aungban (by train), then take a boat to Nampan, then walk to Takku ?
Thank you !
Burma - Sankar and Inle lakes
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 1/2 week trip to Japan advise please!
- 2 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 3 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 4 Japan night bus
- 5 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 6 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 7 Living in Singapore Questions
- 8 Thailand - Koh Samui vs Koh Tao
- 9 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 10 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 11 April in Bangkok, again!
- 12 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 13 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 14 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 15 Problems at 12,000'
- 16 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 17 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 18 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 19 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 20 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 21 Which Putu in Bali????
- 22 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 23 Japan, japan
- 24 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 25 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions