I am planning to go to Burma in February. I would like to visit Sankar lake instead of Inle lake.
Does anay one know if it if possible to get to Loikaw from Yangon and then sleep in the village of Sankar ? I can't find out if Loikaw is open to foreigners and if staying overnight in Sankar is allowed.
Otherwise is it possible to get to Pekon (on the South West bank of Sankar lake) from Aungban (by train), then take a boat to Nampan, then walk to Takku ?
Thank you !
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help Japan
- 2 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 3 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 4 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 5 November, March, June... Japan?
- 6 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 7 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 8 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 9 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 10 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 11 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 12 Silk Road Tour - China
- 13 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 14 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 15 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 16 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 17 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 18 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 19 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 20 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 21 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 22 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 23 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 24 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 25 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram