I am planning to go to Burma in February. I would like to visit Sankar lake instead of Inle lake.
Does anay one know if it if possible to get to Loikaw from Yangon and then sleep in the village of Sankar ? I can't find out if Loikaw is open to foreigners and if staying overnight in Sankar is allowed.
Otherwise is it possible to get to Pekon (on the South West bank of Sankar lake) from Aungban (by train), then take a boat to Nampan, then walk to Takku ?
Thank you !
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Assist HP : HP Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 HP MAIL 24*7
- 2 Idiotic time zone question
- 3 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 4 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 5 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 6 Sometahing is wrong
- 7 Twin rooms in Japan
- 8 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 9 sri lanka- tips required
- 10 base bangkok or manilla
- 11 Christmas in the Alps
- 12 Change my Itinerary?
- 13 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 14 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 15 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 16 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 17 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 18 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 19 Impressions of India
- 20 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 21 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 22 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 23 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 24 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 25 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan