I am planning to go to Burma in February. I would like to visit Sankar lake instead of Inle lake.
Does anay one know if it if possible to get to Loikaw from Yangon and then sleep in the village of Sankar ? I can't find out if Loikaw is open to foreigners and if staying overnight in Sankar is allowed.
Otherwise is it possible to get to Pekon (on the South West bank of Sankar lake) from Aungban (by train), then take a boat to Nampan, then walk to Takku ?
Thank you !
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 2 Trip Report : China
- 3 Vietnam 15 day visa exemption - transfer included?
- 4 Review My 23 Day Japan Itinerary
- 5 Bangkok - Pavement [sidewalk] obstructions
- 6 Tokyo daytrip
- 7 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 8 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 9 Thailand and Vietnam - February 2017
- 10 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 11 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 12 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 13 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 14 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 15 Japan GTG, early April
- 16 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 17 Bali - What to do?
- 18 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 19 Impressions of India
- 20 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 21 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 22 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 23 Taiwan confusion..
- 24 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 25 Namaste India - Shopping/Money