I am planning to go to Burma in February. I would like to visit Sankar lake instead of Inle lake.
Does anay one know if it if possible to get to Loikaw from Yangon and then sleep in the village of Sankar ? I can't find out if Loikaw is open to foreigners and if staying overnight in Sankar is allowed.
Otherwise is it possible to get to Pekon (on the South West bank of Sankar lake) from Aungban (by train), then take a boat to Nampan, then walk to Takku ?
Thank you !
Burma - Sankar and Inle lakes
- 1 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 2 Hotel Majestic-Saigon
- 3 Magical India
- 4 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 5 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 6 South East Asia
- 7 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 8 Questions -> Ko Phi Phi - 4 nights
- 9 A Day Trip To Kanchipuram
- 10 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 11 Bangkok restaurant or unique experience for anniversary
- 12 recommendations for tour company for private myanmar tour
- 13 Kathie's Burma Bookshelf
- 14 Considering extending my trip! Please help me figure this out
- 15 Indian Visa
- 16 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 17 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 18 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 19 Suggestions for additional temples near Angkor (Siem Reap)?
- 20 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 21 India Visa - Does TRAVISA handle dealing with BLS International?
- 22 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 23 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 24 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 25 Japan Times "Backstreet Stories"