I am planning to go to Burma in February. I would like to visit Sankar lake instead of Inle lake.
Does anay one know if it if possible to get to Loikaw from Yangon and then sleep in the village of Sankar ? I can't find out if Loikaw is open to foreigners and if staying overnight in Sankar is allowed.
Otherwise is it possible to get to Pekon (on the South West bank of Sankar lake) from Aungban (by train), then take a boat to Nampan, then walk to Takku ?
Thank you !
Burma - Sankar and Inle lakes
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Cambodge / Laos / Vietnam arts
- 2 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 3 Currency in South Korea
- 4 Places to visit in India in October
- 5 Driver in South India
- 6 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 7 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 8 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 9 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 10 Kyushu rail pass
- 11 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 12 6 full days in Yagoon
- 13 Flying back and forth between Vietnam and Cambodia: where to start
- 14 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 15 5 day Bangkok Itinerary?
- 16 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 17 Amphawa Floating Market
- 18 Following Craig & Jeane's lead, I'm heading out. Thailand & Cambodia again.
- 19 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan
- 20 Krabi island tours
- 21 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 22 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 23 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 24 Malaysian honeymoon
- 25 itinerary sri lanka please help