I am planning to go to Burma in February. I would like to visit Sankar lake instead of Inle lake.
Does anay one know if it if possible to get to Loikaw from Yangon and then sleep in the village of Sankar ? I can't find out if Loikaw is open to foreigners and if staying overnight in Sankar is allowed.
Otherwise is it possible to get to Pekon (on the South West bank of Sankar lake) from Aungban (by train), then take a boat to Nampan, then walk to Takku ?
Thank you !
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 2 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 3 With so many responsibilities coming our way
- 4 Thailand family trip July
- 5 First time to SEA
- 6 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 7 Seoul Searching Questions
- 8 Japanese art
- 9 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 10 Medical Tourism – Globalization of Healthcare
- 11 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 12 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 13 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 14 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok
- 15 Hakone station confusion
- 16 Malaysia or Philipines May or end of June
- 17 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 18 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 19 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 20 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 21 Backstreet Academy
- 22 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 23 Visa on Arrival
- 24 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 25 Cebu where to stay