I am planning to go to Burma in February. I would like to visit Sankar lake instead of Inle lake.
Does anay one know if it if possible to get to Loikaw from Yangon and then sleep in the village of Sankar ? I can't find out if Loikaw is open to foreigners and if staying overnight in Sankar is allowed.
Otherwise is it possible to get to Pekon (on the South West bank of Sankar lake) from Aungban (by train), then take a boat to Nampan, then walk to Takku ?
Thank you !
Burma - Sankar and Inle lakes
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 2 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 3 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 4 vietnam and laos
- 5 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 6 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?
- 7 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 8 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 9 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 10 Is 5 nights in Lombok too much? Which room at Quinci Pool Villas!
- 11 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 12 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 13 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 14 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 15 My SEA trip - photos update
- 16 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 17 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 18 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 19 1 week in Southeast Asia
- 20 Drink Rec for Sri Lankan Food
- 21 Jewelry shopping in Bangkok
- 22 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 23 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 24 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 25 Advice needed for April itinerary and rail pass