I am planning to go to Burma in April - during the hottest time of the year. I have also only 9 days including travel time. I don't particularly enjoy the heat and hate that I have such a short period of time, but it's the only time I have the opportunity to go.
The cities I plan to visit are Yangon, Bagan, and Inle Lake. We have decided to save Mandalay for another time.
Right now my itinerary is as follow:
April 9: Arrive to Yangon
April 10: fly from Yangon to Bagan (arrive early in AM)
April 11: Bagan
April 12: Bagan
April 13: fly to Inle Lake (arrive in AM)
April 14: Inle Lake
April 15: fly back to Yagon (arrive in early evening)
April 16: Yangon
April 17: fly out of Yagon
A few questions:
1) Reading a few forums, everyone says that you should allow more time for Bagan. I've pretty much given 3 full days. Given how hot it will be, do you think that I should reduce this time and allow more time in Inle Lake instead? Unless there is much more to do in the city, I'm afraid I might not make it with the heat/sun exposure visiting the pagoda - I think I might be able to pull off a day at most (we will probably be taking the horse cart option as biking seems suicidal at this point). So do you think 3 days is too much?
2) We will be visiting Burma during New Years - Water festival. I'm both intrigued but apprehensive at the same time. The festival looks incredible, but at the same time most guide books I've seen say that everything will be closed and shut down. Will we, as tourists, have difficulty eating out and walking around (we hit New Years when we arrive in Inle Lake, and the celebration ends when we'll be in Yangon). Will it be extremely difficult to get around?
3) Finally this is a strange question, but I suffer from an immense phobia of snakes which has impaired my travelling plans in the past. It's an actual phobia, not just a fear. I've been wanting to visit Burma for so long but when I researched around (as I always have to do with anyone of my travel destination) - it seems that they are common everywhere - living in pagodas, etc. everywhere. Is this true or have I just read horror stories?
Any help would be tremendously appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 포커게임 ■■접_속: pts13.컴 ■■
- 2 한게임바둑이 ◐ 도메인 :【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】
- 3 50th Anniversary trip
- 4 포커카드 ☞◇접 속 : pts13.컴 ☞◇
- 5 한게임포커 ▣ 홈피:【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】
- 6 "necessities" for India
- 7 EDITORS HELP....
- 8 Buying Jewelry in India
- 9 자연의바다 릴게임 ● 연결 :【＂V T K 1 1. 컴＂】●
- 10 hair
- 11 시즌온라인 릴게임 ≫접속주소 :【＂V T K 1 1. 컴＂】≫
- 12 오션파라다이스신천지 ◐☆주_소= pts13.컴 ◐☆
- 13 스톰릴게임 ※연결 :【＂V T K 1 1. 컴＂】※
- 14 알라딘릴게임 ※연결 :【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】
- 15 Four Best Sakura Sightseeing Places in Tokyo
- 16 다빈치무료게임 ● 연결 :【＂V T K 1 1. 컴＂】●
- 17 시즌온라인릴게임 ▣ 홈피:【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】
- 18 다빈치온라인게임 ※연결 :【＂V T K 1 1. 컴＂】※
- 19 14 days in Myanmar
- 20 시톰릴게임 ≪ 접속주소 :【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】
- 21 무료릴신천지 ⊙●홈 피 - pts13.컴 ⊙●
- 22 다빈치알라딘 바다이야기 ▶ 홈피:【＂V T K 1 1.컴＂】▶
- 23 우리카지노 ≪ 접속주소 :【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】
- 24 릴게임신천지 ⊙●홈 피 - pts13.컴 ⊙●
- 25 세븐포커바둑이 ≪ 접속주소 :【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】