I am planning to take an organized bike trip in Burma in March and I would love to hear all of your feedback re a few questions:
1) Thoughts/experiences on the weather in March? I have a fairly high tolerance for heat but am most concerned about ridiculous humidity (and the fact that I will be cycling).
2) I have read a number of forum responses discussing high tourism and low supply of tourism infrastructure. Many responders have advised to wait 1-2 years until the infrastructure catches up. I am eager to go now to see the country (culturally and economically) in its nascent/beginning stages of development so having upscale accommodation is less of a concern for me. I am a bit confused by this advice to wait 1-2 years because there will be even more tourists! Yes, the infrastructure could catch up but the demand will also be exponentially higher. As I said before, I am interested in seeing Burma in a more "raw" stage of development.
3) As I mentioned, I am planning to be with an organized bike trip for most of my visit. I am considering a few different companies: Backroads, Spice Roads, and Grasshopper. Anyone have any feedback/experiences with these companies? Backroads is about $2000 more expensive than the other two trips and is 5 days shorter, but seems more upscale and established. Spice Roads and Grasshopper seem to have almost identical 13 day trips but I have found only a few reviews for those trips. I'd love to hear if anyone has had experiences with those companies and/or with other companies!
Thank you in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 2 Japan Rail Pass
- 3 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 4 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 5 Japan for Foodies
- 6 Inquiry : Survey on TripAdvisor Bali Hotels
- 7 11 days in Vietnam - need input on itinerary
- 8 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 9 Vietnam 19 day Itinerary
- 10 Bad experience with savaari.com
- 11 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 12 Vietnam Planning
- 13 Backpacking on a budget
- 14 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 15 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 16 Japan rough itinerary
- 17 One night in Osaka
- 18 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 19 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 20 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 21 Singapore weather in August/September
- 22 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 23 First time going abroad
- 24 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 25 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed