I am planning to take an organized bike trip in Burma in March and I would love to hear all of your feedback re a few questions:
1) Thoughts/experiences on the weather in March? I have a fairly high tolerance for heat but am most concerned about ridiculous humidity (and the fact that I will be cycling).
2) I have read a number of forum responses discussing high tourism and low supply of tourism infrastructure. Many responders have advised to wait 1-2 years until the infrastructure catches up. I am eager to go now to see the country (culturally and economically) in its nascent/beginning stages of development so having upscale accommodation is less of a concern for me. I am a bit confused by this advice to wait 1-2 years because there will be even more tourists! Yes, the infrastructure could catch up but the demand will also be exponentially higher. As I said before, I am interested in seeing Burma in a more "raw" stage of development.
3) As I mentioned, I am planning to be with an organized bike trip for most of my visit. I am considering a few different companies: Backroads, Spice Roads, and Grasshopper. Anyone have any feedback/experiences with these companies? Backroads is about $2000 more expensive than the other two trips and is 5 days shorter, but seems more upscale and established. Spice Roads and Grasshopper seem to have almost identical 13 day trips but I have found only a few reviews for those trips. I'd love to hear if anyone has had experiences with those companies and/or with other companies!
Thank you in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 2 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 3 his transferences us to the f
- 4 Which is the best place for Valentines Day Travel Gifts for wife
- 5 Traveling to SE Asia
- 6 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 7 Elephants, Gibbons and Cambodian Countryside
- 8 Tailor recommendation in Hoi An Viet Nam
- 9 Rupees upon arrival in Delhi
- 10 Rifaximin for the dreaded stomach issues
- 11 Last questions (train pass!) on 19-day itinerary
- 12 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 13 Liza, a hot Russian Escort in Guangzhou
- 14 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 15 welcome to riverside bamboo resort hoi an
- 16 discernible differences and wrinkles, expanding collagen
- 17 Scenery around Luang Prabang
- 18 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 19 Hakone station confusion
- 20 TOKYO tour guide
- 21 travel ideas for Thailand and ??
- 22 1 month in Thailand and??
- 23 Kimballs in Panama
- 24 Japan - 8 nights. Tokyo, Osaka &
- 25 Visa on Arrival