I am planning to take an organized bike trip in Burma in March and I would love to hear all of your feedback re a few questions:
1) Thoughts/experiences on the weather in March? I have a fairly high tolerance for heat but am most concerned about ridiculous humidity (and the fact that I will be cycling).
2) I have read a number of forum responses discussing high tourism and low supply of tourism infrastructure. Many responders have advised to wait 1-2 years until the infrastructure catches up. I am eager to go now to see the country (culturally and economically) in its nascent/beginning stages of development so having upscale accommodation is less of a concern for me. I am a bit confused by this advice to wait 1-2 years because there will be even more tourists! Yes, the infrastructure could catch up but the demand will also be exponentially higher. As I said before, I am interested in seeing Burma in a more "raw" stage of development.
3) As I mentioned, I am planning to be with an organized bike trip for most of my visit. I am considering a few different companies: Backroads, Spice Roads, and Grasshopper. Anyone have any feedback/experiences with these companies? Backroads is about $2000 more expensive than the other two trips and is 5 days shorter, but seems more upscale and established. Spice Roads and Grasshopper seem to have almost identical 13 day trips but I have found only a few reviews for those trips. I'd love to hear if anyone has had experiences with those companies and/or with other companies!
Thank you in advance for your help!
Burma: General travel experiences/tips and Bike Trips
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 2 vietnam and laos
- 3 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 4 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 5 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 6 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 7 JR West rail pass changes and new Nozomi pass
- 8 5 nights in Japan.
- 9 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 10 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 11 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 12 A week in Hong Kong with a 6 yr old-where to stay?
- 13 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 14 Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
- 15 BKK Airport Meeting Spot
- 16 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 17 Visa
- 18 Affordable Japan
- 19 Japan tips: where to stay in Tokyo, where to snowboard and day trips
- 20 Castle & King
- 21 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 22 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 23 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 24 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 25 Trip Report : Incredible India!