I am planning to take an organized bike trip in Burma in March and I would love to hear all of your feedback re a few questions:
1) Thoughts/experiences on the weather in March? I have a fairly high tolerance for heat but am most concerned about ridiculous humidity (and the fact that I will be cycling).
2) I have read a number of forum responses discussing high tourism and low supply of tourism infrastructure. Many responders have advised to wait 1-2 years until the infrastructure catches up. I am eager to go now to see the country (culturally and economically) in its nascent/beginning stages of development so having upscale accommodation is less of a concern for me. I am a bit confused by this advice to wait 1-2 years because there will be even more tourists! Yes, the infrastructure could catch up but the demand will also be exponentially higher. As I said before, I am interested in seeing Burma in a more "raw" stage of development.
3) As I mentioned, I am planning to be with an organized bike trip for most of my visit. I am considering a few different companies: Backroads, Spice Roads, and Grasshopper. Anyone have any feedback/experiences with these companies? Backroads is about $2000 more expensive than the other two trips and is 5 days shorter, but seems more upscale and established. Spice Roads and Grasshopper seem to have almost identical 13 day trips but I have found only a few reviews for those trips. I'd love to hear if anyone has had experiences with those companies and/or with other companies!
Thank you in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 2 Sri Lanka in 12 Days
- 3 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 4 Japan & WiFi
- 5 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 6 First time trip to Japan questions
- 7 Taiwan / Taipei Advice Sought
- 8 Where to start my Japan trip?
- 9 Hong Kong, Macau and ?
- 10 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 11 DMZ - Sneak Peak of North Korea Travel Report
- 12 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 13 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 14 Crazy Trip To Ooty With My Buddies
- 15 Plans for Ladakh Tour
- 16 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan
- 17 Te Best Luxury Ryokans in Japan
- 18 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 19 18.5 Hours in Singapore
- 20 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 21 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 22 Honeymoon in Bali
- 23 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 24 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 25 India E Tourist Visa