I'm planing a trip to Myanmar next February. I have noticed that some Fodor's members are going there in Feb as well. I'll arrive from Vietnam so flight isn't a problem. However, accommodation seems like a big deal because hotel prices in general are way more expensive than I expected. I'll visit the usual suspects such as Yagoon, Mandalay, Bagan, and Inle Lake. The hotels and resorts in Bagan and Inle Lake in particular are morbidly expensive as in more than $150 per night during peak seasons (even the ones I stayed at in Paris and Italy weren't that crazy ). I'm creating this thread to seek the hotel suggestions from everybody who has visited Burma before. Which hotel did you stay at in each city that didn't make your wallet bleed? Our budget (me and my friend) is under $60 per night. It would be very helpful for many of us who are about to visit the country. Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://worldmuscleking.com/alphadrox/
- 2 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 3 myanmar
- 4 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 5 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 6 Travel India solo
- 7 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 8 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 9 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 10 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 11 Busan Central Bus Terminal
- 12 2 months in Taiwan - relaxing & hassle-free breaks in/out of the country?
- 13 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 14 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 15 Osaka, aquarium?
- 16 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 17 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 18 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 19 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 20 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 21 North India Itinerary advice
- 22 Indonesia travel agent
- 23 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 24 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 25 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana