I'm planing a trip to Myanmar next February. I have noticed that some Fodor's members are going there in Feb as well. I'll arrive from Vietnam so flight isn't a problem. However, accommodation seems like a big deal because hotel prices in general are way more expensive than I expected. I'll visit the usual suspects such as Yagoon, Mandalay, Bagan, and Inle Lake. The hotels and resorts in Bagan and Inle Lake in particular are morbidly expensive as in more than $150 per night during peak seasons (even the ones I stayed at in Paris and Italy weren't that crazy ). I'm creating this thread to seek the hotel suggestions from everybody who has visited Burma before. Which hotel did you stay at in each city that didn't make your wallet bleed? Our budget (me and my friend) is under $60 per night. It would be very helpful for many of us who are about to visit the country. Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 2 Free Tour Guide in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
- 3 Japan Itinerary!
- 4 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 5 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 6 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 7 hiking japan sept
- 8 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 9 Japan rough itinerary
- 10 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 11 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 12 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 13 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 14 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 15 shanghai for 4 days
- 16 Budget Servied Apt
- 17 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 18 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 20 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 21 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 22 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 23 Something about... Malaysia
- 24 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 25 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids