I'm planing a trip to Myanmar next February. I have noticed that some Fodor's members are going there in Feb as well. I'll arrive from Vietnam so flight isn't a problem. However, accommodation seems like a big deal because hotel prices in general are way more expensive than I expected. I'll visit the usual suspects such as Yagoon, Mandalay, Bagan, and Inle Lake. The hotels and resorts in Bagan and Inle Lake in particular are morbidly expensive as in more than $150 per night during peak seasons (even the ones I stayed at in Paris and Italy weren't that crazy ). I'm creating this thread to seek the hotel suggestions from everybody who has visited Burma before. Which hotel did you stay at in each city that didn't make your wallet bleed? Our budget (me and my friend) is under $60 per night. It would be very helpful for many of us who are about to visit the country. Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali private driver recommendation
- 2 North India Itinerary advice
- 3 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 4 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 5 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 6 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 7 The Indian money crunch.
- 8 The truth about elephant tourism
- 9 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 10 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 11 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 12 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 13 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 14 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 15 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 16 Kerala trip
- 17 E Visa for India?
- 18 1-2 months South East Asia
- 19 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 20 Help - India.
- 21 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 22 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 23 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 24 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 25 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?