My wife and I will be travelling to Thailand (Bangkok and Phuket) and Cambodia in January. We have already got the bookings covered for Bangkok and Siam Reap, but since we are uncertain of when exactly we are going to be in Phuket and the surrounding islands Koh Phi Phi, Kao Yao we are thinking of finding a hotel or bungalow when we get there. Is it risky to go to Phuket without a booking at this time, and do you have any recommendations on where to stay? We have outgrown the backpacker stage but the hotel / bungalow does'nt have to be 5 stars. WE were really hoping to find a good bungalow on the beach with a relaxed atmosphere (away from the mad parties) but with the basic structure for drinks on the beach dinner etc.
Thanks for any advice and suggestions you can help me with!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Taiwan / Taipei Advice Sought
- 2 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 3 Where to start my Japan trip?
- 4 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 5 DMZ - Sneak Peak of North Korea Travel Report
- 6 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 7 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 8 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 9 Crazy Trip To Ooty With My Buddies
- 10 Plans for Ladakh Tour
- 11 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 12 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan
- 13 Te Best Luxury Ryokans in Japan
- 14 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 15 18.5 Hours in Singapore
- 16 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 17 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 18 Honeymoon in Bali
- 19 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 20 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 21 India E Tourist Visa
- 22 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 23 Choosing destination while travelling with infant
- 24 New Travelor
- 25 Beautiful location for painting