My wife and I will be travelling to Thailand (Bangkok and Phuket) and Cambodia in January. We have already got the bookings covered for Bangkok and Siam Reap, but since we are uncertain of when exactly we are going to be in Phuket and the surrounding islands Koh Phi Phi, Kao Yao we are thinking of finding a hotel or bungalow when we get there. Is it risky to go to Phuket without a booking at this time, and do you have any recommendations on where to stay? We have outgrown the backpacker stage but the hotel / bungalow does'nt have to be 5 stars. WE were really hoping to find a good bungalow on the beach with a relaxed atmosphere (away from the mad parties) but with the basic structure for drinks on the beach dinner etc.
Thanks for any advice and suggestions you can help me with!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 2 Toddler twin travel in India
- 3 Passport
- 4 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 5 Japan Itinerary
- 6 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 7 Train vs Taxi from BKK to hotel
- 8 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 9 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 10 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 11 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 12 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 13 Help with Kyushu itinerary appreciated.
- 14 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 15 Hong Kong - Travel Report
- 16 Amakusa island help
- 17 Japan Trip Delayed
- 18 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 19 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 20 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 21 Month long SE Asia trip
- 22 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 23 Cambodia weather
- 24 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 25 Weekend Breaks from Singapore