My wife and I will be travelling to Thailand (Bangkok and Phuket) and Cambodia in January. We have already got the bookings covered for Bangkok and Siam Reap, but since we are uncertain of when exactly we are going to be in Phuket and the surrounding islands Koh Phi Phi, Kao Yao we are thinking of finding a hotel or bungalow when we get there. Is it risky to go to Phuket without a booking at this time, and do you have any recommendations on where to stay? We have outgrown the backpacker stage but the hotel / bungalow does'nt have to be 5 stars. WE were really hoping to find a good bungalow on the beach with a relaxed atmosphere (away from the mad parties) but with the basic structure for drinks on the beach dinner etc.
Thanks for any advice and suggestions you can help me with!
Bungalows in Phuket and Islands around
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 2 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 3 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 4 4 days hiking in Guilin,China
- 5 Vietnam and coffee
- 6 I'm going to Japan!
- 7 Malaria
- 8 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 9 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 10 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 11 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 12 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 13 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 14 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 15 Cherry blossom
- 16 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 17 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 18 How safe is Delhi/India
- 19 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 20 Which Putu in Bali????
- 21 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 22 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 23 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?
- 24 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 25 Malaysia in September