My wife and I will be travelling to Thailand (Bangkok and Phuket) and Cambodia in January. We have already got the bookings covered for Bangkok and Siam Reap, but since we are uncertain of when exactly we are going to be in Phuket and the surrounding islands Koh Phi Phi, Kao Yao we are thinking of finding a hotel or bungalow when we get there. Is it risky to go to Phuket without a booking at this time, and do you have any recommendations on where to stay? We have outgrown the backpacker stage but the hotel / bungalow does'nt have to be 5 stars. WE were really hoping to find a good bungalow on the beach with a relaxed atmosphere (away from the mad parties) but with the basic structure for drinks on the beach dinner etc.
Thanks for any advice and suggestions you can help me with!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 2 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 3 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 4 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
- 5 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 6 9 days in Bali
- 7 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 8 Activation of JR Pass
- 9 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 10 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 11 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 12 My new 10 year china visa
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 14 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?
- 15 Layover in Hong Kong
- 16 Trip to Thailand - advice
- 17 5 weeks in Japan - Autumn 2011 Trip Report
- 18 Italy from an Asian base
- 19 2 weeks in Java
- 20 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 21 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 22 Hotel with easy access to Itami airport
- 23 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 24 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 25 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions