My wife and I will be travelling to Thailand (Bangkok and Phuket) and Cambodia in January. We have already got the bookings covered for Bangkok and Siam Reap, but since we are uncertain of when exactly we are going to be in Phuket and the surrounding islands Koh Phi Phi, Kao Yao we are thinking of finding a hotel or bungalow when we get there. Is it risky to go to Phuket without a booking at this time, and do you have any recommendations on where to stay? We have outgrown the backpacker stage but the hotel / bungalow does'nt have to be 5 stars. WE were really hoping to find a good bungalow on the beach with a relaxed atmosphere (away from the mad parties) but with the basic structure for drinks on the beach dinner etc.
Thanks for any advice and suggestions you can help me with!
Bungalows in Phuket and Islands around
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tour company practices
- 2 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 3 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 4 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free
- 5 Thailand Honeymoon - HELP NEEDED!
- 6 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 7 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 8 Festival tour in Tibet in this season 2015
- 9 Help! Which to choose?
- 10 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 11 North Vietnam Again!
- 12 Passport Safety
- 13 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 14 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 15 Castle & King
- 16 Mt Aso Eruption
- 17 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 18 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 19 Independent female traveller
- 20 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 21 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 22 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 23 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 24 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 25 One week in India