My wife and I will be travelling to Thailand (Bangkok and Phuket) and Cambodia in January. We have already got the bookings covered for Bangkok and Siam Reap, but since we are uncertain of when exactly we are going to be in Phuket and the surrounding islands Koh Phi Phi, Kao Yao we are thinking of finding a hotel or bungalow when we get there. Is it risky to go to Phuket without a booking at this time, and do you have any recommendations on where to stay? We have outgrown the backpacker stage but the hotel / bungalow does'nt have to be 5 stars. WE were really hoping to find a good bungalow on the beach with a relaxed atmosphere (away from the mad parties) but with the basic structure for drinks on the beach dinner etc.
Thanks for any advice and suggestions you can help me with!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 2 CNX late arrival?
- 3 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 4 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 5 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 6 50th Anniversary trip
- 7 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 8 best singapore hotel
- 9 Help - India take 2
- 10 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 11 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 12 is this a good travel plan?
- 13 currency conversion
- 14 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 15 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 16 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 17 The truth about elephant tourism
- 18 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 19 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 20 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 21 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 22 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 23 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 24 Phenom Penh
- 25 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?