I am trying to help my son budget for his first trip overseas to visit a friend in Chongqing. He is leaving June 1 and returning June 16. He is planning to stay in hostels and do this trip as cheaply as possible. What kind of budget is reasonable and how much should he have in reserve for emergencies? His friend tells him how cheap the food and transportation is there, but we have no frame of reference. He wants to arrive in Beijing, travel to Guilin, then Chongqing due to the friend's work schedule and then leave from Hong Kong. Is this too much for a 15 day time frame?
budgeting for 2 week trip in Beijing, Hong Kong, Guilin, and Chongqing
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 2 Buying Insurance for Motorcycle Tours in Vietnam???
- 3 Phuket Reniassaince/The Shore in November-swimmable beach?
- 4 Snow Monkeys in Japan
- 5 Hakone - where to stay for two nights
- 6 Adelphi Suites
- 7 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 8 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 9 2 Weeks in Thailand - Looking for suggestions
- 10 Clothing needs
- 11 Silver shops on New Road behind the Oriental Hotel. Bangkok
- 12 Nancy Chandler maps
- 13 Hong Kong, Thailand Skin products
- 14 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 15 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 16 Help re. Visa.
- 17 2-3 days to spend near Shanghai: Hangzhou or Monganshan?
- 18 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 19 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 20 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 21 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 22 Jet Lagged in Mumbai
- 23 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 24 Free Sumo ticket in Fukuoka November 21
- 25 Do we need to reserve trains far in advance or just rock up to Station?