I am trying to help my son budget for his first trip overseas to visit a friend in Chongqing. He is leaving June 1 and returning June 16. He is planning to stay in hostels and do this trip as cheaply as possible. What kind of budget is reasonable and how much should he have in reserve for emergencies? His friend tells him how cheap the food and transportation is there, but we have no frame of reference. He wants to arrive in Beijing, travel to Guilin, then Chongqing due to the friend's work schedule and then leave from Hong Kong. Is this too much for a 15 day time frame?
budgeting for 2 week trip in Beijing, Hong Kong, Guilin, and Chongqing
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 2 2nd location on the beach
- 3 Hanoi driver wanted
- 4 Missing Air Asia flight
- 5 Buying loose sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 6 Southern India itinerary help needed
- 7 Your favorites in south India & places you'd probably not recommend
- 8 vietnam and laos
- 9 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 10 Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO
- 11 Safe to buy Sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 12 Thailand - Food recos
- 13 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 14 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 15 Laos for the backpacker
- 16 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 17 Single parent traveling to Thailand with a 4-yo son
- 18 Amazing Samurai Armor Exhibition
- 19 Thailand Hotel
- 20 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 21 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 22 Honeymoon in Thailand
- 23 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 24 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 25 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental