I am trying to help my son budget for his first trip overseas to visit a friend in Chongqing. He is leaving June 1 and returning June 16. He is planning to stay in hostels and do this trip as cheaply as possible. What kind of budget is reasonable and how much should he have in reserve for emergencies? His friend tells him how cheap the food and transportation is there, but we have no frame of reference. He wants to arrive in Beijing, travel to Guilin, then Chongqing due to the friend's work schedule and then leave from Hong Kong. Is this too much for a 15 day time frame?
budgeting for 2 week trip in Beijing, Hong Kong, Guilin, and Chongqing
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 2 Vietnam - Questions
- 3 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 4 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 5 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 6 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 7 Osaka shopping
- 8 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 9 Takayama ideas in April?
- 10 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 11 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 12 SW China or Myanmar for 2 weeks+ in NOV???
- 13 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 14 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 15 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 16 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 17 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 18 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 19 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 20 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 21 How to access to Kanazawa New Shinkansen Service March
- 22 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 23 Luggage Transfer From Hotels
- 24 Penang
- 25 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia