I am trying to help my son budget for his first trip overseas to visit a friend in Chongqing. He is leaving June 1 and returning June 16. He is planning to stay in hostels and do this trip as cheaply as possible. What kind of budget is reasonable and how much should he have in reserve for emergencies? His friend tells him how cheap the food and transportation is there, but we have no frame of reference. He wants to arrive in Beijing, travel to Guilin, then Chongqing due to the friend's work schedule and then leave from Hong Kong. Is this too much for a 15 day time frame?
budgeting for 2 week trip in Beijing, Hong Kong, Guilin, and Chongqing
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 2 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang
- 3 flight details from Chicago area to BKK
- 4 Jakarta or Kuala Lumpor
- 5 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 6 Travel during China national week?
- 7 Don't use World Expeditions
- 8 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 9 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 10 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 11 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 12 Affordable accommodation in Yangon near Sule Pagoda
- 13 Bangkok - Side trip to Ayutthaya
- 14 3 days in Teheran
- 15 Destination Bangkok, again
- 16 Trip Report and Diary - Tokyo in 7 Days
- 17 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 18 Bangkok - Weekend train excursion to Kanchanaburi and/or Nam Tok
- 19 Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai -- HOW?
- 20 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 21 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 22 Favorite travel apps?
- 23 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 24 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 25 Foreign currency