I am a single, Western female who will be arriving in Singapore at about midnight on November 21st. My intention is simply to rest up in Singapore for three or four days before continuing along to Bali.
I have made reservations to stay at the Hotel 81 at No 20 Lorong 16 Geylang. Although the Hotels 81 were appointed the budget hotel for the last year's annual convention of Rotary International, I now find out that they are in a "Red Light District."
Do anyone have first-hand experience to know how safe this is this going to be for me? Would I perhaps do better to make other arrangements? If so, I am open to suggestions for other, more suitable accomodations in Singapore for $30 USD or less a day.
Many thanks for your posts.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 2 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 3 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 4 Cebu where to stay
- 5 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 6 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 7 Japanese art
- 8 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 9 Borneo/Sabah Itinerary: Danum or Kinabatagan?
- 10 Hakone station confusion
- 11 Visa on Arrival
- 12 Last questions (train pass!) on 19-day itinerary
- 13 Traveling to SE Asia
- 14 Elephants, Gibbons and Cambodian Countryside
- 15 Tailor recommendation in Hoi An Viet Nam
- 16 Rupees upon arrival in Delhi
- 17 Rifaximin for the dreaded stomach issues
- 18 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 19 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 20 Scenery around Luang Prabang
- 21 TOKYO tour guide
- 22 travel ideas for Thailand and ??
- 23 1 month in Thailand and??
- 24 Kimballs in Panama
- 25 Japan - 8 nights. Tokyo, Osaka &