I am a single, Western female who will be arriving in Singapore at about midnight on November 21st. My intention is simply to rest up in Singapore for three or four days before continuing along to Bali.
I have made reservations to stay at the Hotel 81 at No 20 Lorong 16 Geylang. Although the Hotels 81 were appointed the budget hotel for the last year's annual convention of Rotary International, I now find out that they are in a "Red Light District."
Do anyone have first-hand experience to know how safe this is this going to be for me? Would I perhaps do better to make other arrangements? If so, I am open to suggestions for other, more suitable accomodations in Singapore for $30 USD or less a day.
Many thanks for your posts.
Budget Hotels in Singapore?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 JAVA & GILI ISLANDS: Trip Recap + Tips
- 2 Golden Triangle - To Hire a Car and Driver or Not???
- 3 Long-Haul Flight Breakup
- 4 Myranmar VISA
- 5 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 6 SE Asia trip 2014; CAMBODIA, MYANMAR, AND THAILAND
- 7 Two nights in Nyuto Onsen - - any advice is welcome!!!
- 8 Indonesia - 8 to 9 days
- 9 Day Tour . ..Kyoto
- 10 Tell me about Korean Air, please.
- 11 Ubud Travelogue (part of 3 1/2 weeks in Bali with our 1-yr-old)
- 12 Old Bangkok
- 13 Help Please - First trip to Thailand, 10 days
- 14 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 15 Do you travel with an air mask (N95) when you go to China?
- 16 One week in SE Asia- from US- where to go?
- 17 Travel from Phuket to Kho Phi Phi
- 18 currency exchange, USD to Burmese Kyat
- 19 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 20 Driver Guide wanted March 2015
- 21 Should I go to India?
- 22 First time trip to Japan in September
- 23 BKK weather last week August through first week of September?
- 24 Malaysia & Indonesia in November?
- 25 Flying to Myanmar?