I am a single, Western female who will be arriving in Singapore at about midnight on November 21st. My intention is simply to rest up in Singapore for three or four days before continuing along to Bali.
I have made reservations to stay at the Hotel 81 at No 20 Lorong 16 Geylang. Although the Hotels 81 were appointed the budget hotel for the last year's annual convention of Rotary International, I now find out that they are in a "Red Light District."
Do anyone have first-hand experience to know how safe this is this going to be for me? Would I perhaps do better to make other arrangements? If so, I am open to suggestions for other, more suitable accomodations in Singapore for $30 USD or less a day.
Many thanks for your posts.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://purelifegreencoffeebeanadvice.com/vitalure/
- 2 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 3 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 4 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 5 Suggestions for a trip with my daughter
- 6 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 7 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 8 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 9 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 10 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 11 3 weeks in Japan
- 12 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 13 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 14 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 15 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 16 India Tour Companies
- 17 Vietnam Dong
- 18 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 19 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 20 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 21 New Years in Japan
- 22 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 23 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 24 Touristy Thailand
- 25 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia