I am a single, Western female who will be arriving in Singapore at about midnight on November 21st. My intention is simply to rest up in Singapore for three or four days before continuing along to Bali.
I have made reservations to stay at the Hotel 81 at No 20 Lorong 16 Geylang. Although the Hotels 81 were appointed the budget hotel for the last year's annual convention of Rotary International, I now find out that they are in a "Red Light District."
Do anyone have first-hand experience to know how safe this is this going to be for me? Would I perhaps do better to make other arrangements? If so, I am open to suggestions for other, more suitable accomodations in Singapore for $30 USD or less a day.
Many thanks for your posts.
Budget Hotels in Singapore?
- 1 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 2 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 3 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 4 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 5 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 6 Anyone in Bangkok
- 7 United Canceling NRT-BKK Flight?
- 8 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 9 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 10 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 11 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 12 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 13 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 14 Travel Insurance
- 15 South East Asia
- 16 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 17 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 18 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 19 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 20 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 21 Destinations near Hat Yai?
- 22 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 23 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 24 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 25 1 week Philippines