I am a single, Western female who will be arriving in Singapore at about midnight on November 21st. My intention is simply to rest up in Singapore for three or four days before continuing along to Bali.
I have made reservations to stay at the Hotel 81 at No 20 Lorong 16 Geylang. Although the Hotels 81 were appointed the budget hotel for the last year's annual convention of Rotary International, I now find out that they are in a "Red Light District."
Do anyone have first-hand experience to know how safe this is this going to be for me? Would I perhaps do better to make other arrangements? If so, I am open to suggestions for other, more suitable accomodations in Singapore for $30 USD or less a day.
Many thanks for your posts.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Cell Phone Provider in India
- 2 How to do this
- 3 Delhi costs
- 4 So, why go to Vietnam?
- 5 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 6 Where/when/how should I get my visa for Vietnam?
- 7 Trekking partner/s for Annapurna circuitic Title
- 8 Japan: ATM Machines
- 9 On a scale of 1 to 10, how dirty is India?
- 10 Angkor Wat Tour - 2 Questions
- 11 Phuket
- 12 Hotel in Delhi
- 13 Finding best Vietnam and Cambodia cruise in Mekong river for family
- 14 Yerevan. Regrets.
- 15 Japan in February
- 16 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 17 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 18 Please recommend overnight side trips from Fukuoka
- 19 Two weeks itinerary in Japan with JR pass
- 20 India: Flying from Varanasi to New Delhi
- 21 How long are the lines at the JR Offices at Narita
- 22 Please help me plan a return visit to Vietnam
- 23 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2016 - Annapurna Base Camp (and more)
- 24 Private Care PP to SR with child
- 25 Special trip to Vietnam February