I am a single, Western female who will be arriving in Singapore at about midnight on November 21st. My intention is simply to rest up in Singapore for three or four days before continuing along to Bali.
I have made reservations to stay at the Hotel 81 at No 20 Lorong 16 Geylang. Although the Hotels 81 were appointed the budget hotel for the last year's annual convention of Rotary International, I now find out that they are in a "Red Light District."
Do anyone have first-hand experience to know how safe this is this going to be for me? Would I perhaps do better to make other arrangements? If so, I am open to suggestions for other, more suitable accomodations in Singapore for $30 USD or less a day.
Many thanks for your posts.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary... and lots of trains. Advice Please
- 2 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 3 South Korea
- 4 Myanmar Help
- 5 Which Cities in India if Only Have 8 days on Land?
- 6 Hotel in Tokyo
- 7 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?
- 8 Japan family trip in late Dec
- 9 Rain, hail (softened by sakura) couldn't stop us from loving Japan!
- 10 Best month for weather, Burma, Laos
- 11 INDIA: "A Pleasant Surprise"
- 12 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 13 Suggestions for plan B?: a week in Thailand in early November
- 14 Money (and cards) in Myanmar
- 15 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 16 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 17 I will be in Ubud for 9 days?
- 18 Cover in Bagan/temples
- 19 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 20 Trip report: Thailand and Laos - Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Luang Prabang
- 21 Your "must try" Japanese food experiences.
- 22 Japan Itinerary Help
- 23 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 24 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 25 Flower Arranging in Kyoto