I am a single, Western female who will be arriving in Singapore at about midnight on November 21st. My intention is simply to rest up in Singapore for three or four days before continuing along to Bali.
I have made reservations to stay at the Hotel 81 at No 20 Lorong 16 Geylang. Although the Hotels 81 were appointed the budget hotel for the last year's annual convention of Rotary International, I now find out that they are in a "Red Light District."
Do anyone have first-hand experience to know how safe this is this going to be for me? Would I perhaps do better to make other arrangements? If so, I am open to suggestions for other, more suitable accomodations in Singapore for $30 USD or less a day.
Many thanks for your posts.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan for Foodies
- 2 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 3 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 4 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 5 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 6 Singapore weather in August/September
- 7 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 8 One night in Osaka
- 9 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 10 First time going abroad
- 11 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 12 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 13 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 14 Backpacking on a budget
- 15 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 16 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 17 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 18 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 19 electric plug
- 20 Day trips from Sapporo
- 21 Etiquette in Japan
- 22 Northern Thailand Options
- 23 Kurashiki versus Kosanji Temple
- 24 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 25 Machiya Residence Inn-Kyoto