I am a single, Western female who will be arriving in Singapore at about midnight on November 21st. My intention is simply to rest up in Singapore for three or four days before continuing along to Bali.
I have made reservations to stay at the Hotel 81 at No 20 Lorong 16 Geylang. Although the Hotels 81 were appointed the budget hotel for the last year's annual convention of Rotary International, I now find out that they are in a "Red Light District."
Do anyone have first-hand experience to know how safe this is this going to be for me? Would I perhaps do better to make other arrangements? If so, I am open to suggestions for other, more suitable accomodations in Singapore for $30 USD or less a day.
Many thanks for your posts.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 vietnam visa
- 2 Review My 23 Day Japan Itinerary
- 3 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 4 Japan GTG, early April
- 5 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 6 Sri Lanka- elephants
- 7 Tokyo daytrip
- 8 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 9 Bangkok - Pavement [sidewalk] obstructions
- 10 Trip Report : China
- 11 Vietnam 15 day visa exemption - transfer included?
- 12 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 13 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 14 Thailand and Vietnam - February 2017
- 15 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 16 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 17 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 18 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 19 Bali - What to do?
- 20 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 21 Impressions of India
- 22 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 23 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 24 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 25 Taiwan confusion..