I am a single, Western female who will be arriving in Singapore at about midnight on November 21st. My intention is simply to rest up in Singapore for three or four days before continuing along to Bali.
I have made reservations to stay at the Hotel 81 at No 20 Lorong 16 Geylang. Although the Hotels 81 were appointed the budget hotel for the last year's annual convention of Rotary International, I now find out that they are in a "Red Light District."
Do anyone have first-hand experience to know how safe this is this going to be for me? Would I perhaps do better to make other arrangements? If so, I am open to suggestions for other, more suitable accomodations in Singapore for $30 USD or less a day.
Many thanks for your posts.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 2 Best Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- 3 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 4 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 5 BANGOKG-HANOI-SINGAPORE-BALI JAN2017
- 6 Looking for China Tour
- 7 Georgia and Armenia trip
- 8 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 9 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 10 For Bangkok Lovers
- 11 Halong Bay Trip Vietnam with kids
- 12 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 13 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 14 where is "Ba Hầm” in Hạ Long ?
- 15 India Trip Report
- 16 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 17 Uodated and Hopefully Final itinerary- Would love Feedback!!
- 18 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 19 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 20 Visiting China - must be tour
- 21 Drive from Kanazawa to Noto Peninsula
- 22 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 23 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 24 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 25 Another South East Asian sojourn.