Looking into going from NYC to Bangkok and probably to Chang Mai. Probably in late fall- Nov/Dec. Eva Air does ok from nyc-bangkok with change in tapei. Return would require a stopover and possibly tour for a day or so tapei. Through Dubai I think the connection would be tight. My wife now has a lot of knee problems; hence, many steps not so good. Therefore thinking of dong riverfront for a base; BTS-how many steps are there? likewise to take a riverboat. Interested in most of the historical sites, also the ancient city , weekend market; not too much shopping is needed. I dont have a feel for this yet how to configure. Also inquire regarding a guide or and driver for a part of this to help expedite and smooth over the bumps to make things easier and more seamless. wish input including where to stay that makes things easiest.
BTS in Bangkok/advise where to stay/drive-guides/
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 2 April in Bangkok, again!
- 3 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 4 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 5 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 6 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 7 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 8 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 9 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 10 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 11 How safe is Delhi/India
- 12 Malaria
- 13 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 14 Vietnam and coffee
- 15 I'm going to Japan!
- 16 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 17 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 18 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 19 Cherry blossom
- 20 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 21 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 22 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 23 Which Putu in Bali????
- 24 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 25 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport