Looking into going from NYC to Bangkok and probably to Chang Mai. Probably in late fall- Nov/Dec. Eva Air does ok from nyc-bangkok with change in tapei. Return would require a stopover and possibly tour for a day or so tapei. Through Dubai I think the connection would be tight. My wife now has a lot of knee problems; hence, many steps not so good. Therefore thinking of dong riverfront for a base; BTS-how many steps are there? likewise to take a riverboat. Interested in most of the historical sites, also the ancient city , weekend market; not too much shopping is needed. I dont have a feel for this yet how to configure. Also inquire regarding a guide or and driver for a part of this to help expedite and smooth over the bumps to make things easier and more seamless. wish input including where to stay that makes things easiest.
BTS in Bangkok/advise where to stay/drive-guides/
View all Asia activity »
- 1 cell phone in india
- 2 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 3 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 4 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 5 BOOK A HOLIDAY IN MALDIVES!!!
- 6 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 7 Bali - recommendations for car and driver?
- 8 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 9 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 10 Magical India
- 11 Night cruise to Kyushu from Kansai (Osaka and Kobe)
- 12 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 13 Thailand-Bangkok-Ko Samui-Chang mai in the begining of May
- 14 SALAY from BAGAN
- 15 Japan: best time to go?
- 16 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 17 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 18 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 19 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 20 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 21 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 22 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 23 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 24 Vietnam, From Top to Bottom in January 2014
- 25 Visit To Goa