Looking into going from NYC to Bangkok and probably to Chang Mai. Probably in late fall- Nov/Dec. Eva Air does ok from nyc-bangkok with change in tapei. Return would require a stopover and possibly tour for a day or so tapei. Through Dubai I think the connection would be tight. My wife now has a lot of knee problems; hence, many steps not so good. Therefore thinking of dong riverfront for a base; BTS-how many steps are there? likewise to take a riverboat. Interested in most of the historical sites, also the ancient city , weekend market; not too much shopping is needed. I dont have a feel for this yet how to configure. Also inquire regarding a guide or and driver for a part of this to help expedite and smooth over the bumps to make things easier and more seamless. wish input including where to stay that makes things easiest.
BTS in Bangkok/advise where to stay/drive-guides/
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 2 How far in advance are hotels available to reserve?
- 3 India and Nepal 2014
- 4 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 5 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 6 July itinerary in Japan
- 7 Where in Bali should we stay
- 8 Free Weekend in Hong Kong - your favorite restaurants?
- 9 Hong Kong and ? for 8 days in April
- 10 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 11 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 12 Vietnam or Brazil
- 13 Getting a "feel" for a country.
- 14 Car rental companies Phuket Airport?
- 15 Ideas for solo (female) trip next month
- 16 Itinerary Feedback - Thailand
- 17 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 18 Delhi, Agra, Rajasthan, Varanasi, Kolkata-Winter TR!
- 19 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 20 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 21 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 22 Any info about Zomato?
- 23 First trip to Japan
- 24 Kyoto, Nara, Hakone - what advance reservations do we need?
- 25 Beijing Airport to City Late Night Bus