Looking into going from NYC to Bangkok and probably to Chang Mai. Probably in late fall- Nov/Dec. Eva Air does ok from nyc-bangkok with change in tapei. Return would require a stopover and possibly tour for a day or so tapei. Through Dubai I think the connection would be tight. My wife now has a lot of knee problems; hence, many steps not so good. Therefore thinking of dong riverfront for a base; BTS-how many steps are there? likewise to take a riverboat. Interested in most of the historical sites, also the ancient city , weekend market; not too much shopping is needed. I dont have a feel for this yet how to configure. Also inquire regarding a guide or and driver for a part of this to help expedite and smooth over the bumps to make things easier and more seamless. wish input including where to stay that makes things easiest.
BTS in Bangkok/advise where to stay/drive-guides/
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 2 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 3 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 4 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 5 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 6 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 7 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 8 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 9 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 10 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 11 1st time Japan - solo female
- 12 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 13 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 14 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 15 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 16 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 17 Odyssey unlimited
- 18 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 19 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 20 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 21 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 22 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 23 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 24 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 25 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February