Looking into going from NYC to Bangkok and probably to Chang Mai. Probably in late fall- Nov/Dec. Eva Air does ok from nyc-bangkok with change in tapei. Return would require a stopover and possibly tour for a day or so tapei. Through Dubai I think the connection would be tight. My wife now has a lot of knee problems; hence, many steps not so good. Therefore thinking of dong riverfront for a base; BTS-how many steps are there? likewise to take a riverboat. Interested in most of the historical sites, also the ancient city , weekend market; not too much shopping is needed. I dont have a feel for this yet how to configure. Also inquire regarding a guide or and driver for a part of this to help expedite and smooth over the bumps to make things easier and more seamless. wish input including where to stay that makes things easiest.
BTS in Bangkok/advise where to stay/drive-guides/
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 10 Day trip to Thailand - end of March
- 2 More time in Hoi An or Nha Trang? Not beach enthusiasts
- 3 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 4 Drivers for Laos & Java
- 5 Looking for advice on short Burma itinerary
- 6 Phuket
- 7 Destination Bangkok, again
- 8 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 9 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 10 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 11 Phones in Asia
- 12 Japan in December
- 13 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 14 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 15 marmot and Others - Looking for Bali Furniture Advice
- 16 Recommended reading about Nepal
- 17 India Add-on
- 18 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 19 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 20 Travel during China national week?
- 21 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 22 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 23 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 24 Japan - Osaka - Things to see?
- 25 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii