I am traveling to Beijing with a tour group in the near future, and have a question about bringing electronics into China. Unfortunately, eventhough I am on vacation, I need to bring my laptop and Blackberry with me to stay on top of work. My video iPod is also a required accessory. The representative from the tour company indicated that if you bring electronics such as these into China they will be confiscated. I find this very difficult (impossible) to believe having traveled extensively all over the world with my laptop and Blackberry in tow, and never having an issue. This is my first organized tour experience, and I suspect this is a case of the company not wanting any liability in the event that something would happen to these items. Any thoughts/input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Bringing electronics into China
- 1 Need help rounding out China itinerary
- 2 Train questions for November Japan trip
- 3 Train Fares in Japan
- 4 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 5 Udaipur, India
- 6 SEA Honeymoon - Feedback please!
- 7 NYT article in drop in women traveling to India
- 8 Sri Lanka itinerary help needed
- 9 Eight Days Solo in Burma
- 10 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 11 vaccines for vietnam I'm leaving soon !
- 12 Independence Day (Hari Merdeka) 2013
- 13 independent travel in India
- 14 Which hotel in Bangkok?
- 15 Four Seasons Golden Triangle
- 16 I (HEART) HONG KONG
- 17 Trip Report - 5 1/2 days in Luang Prabang
- 18 Difficulty contacting Thai Elephant Conservation Center
- 19 Narita Limousine Bus vs train
- 20 Booking hotels in China in advance- is it necessary?
- 21 Singapore Things to do when a lone traveller
- 22 Malaysian Island for 5 nights
- 23 Sri Lanka (my favorite destination yet) Report & Recommendations
- 24 Bangkok restaurants. Recs for hidden gems in Sukhumvit
- 25 Travel during Golden Week 2013