We are back from a wonderful trip in Thailand and Cambodia (trip report in the next week or two). Right now we are trying to figure out the logistics of what will happen to some furniture we bought in Thailand (not "antique", and not "teak" FYI) and are shipping to our nearest port in Virginia.
Please no negative comments about cracking, etc--we've already made the purchase, are happy with it and will be reminded in years to come of our trip when we look at it. We're excited and just need some know-how from those with experience.
Right now we are scheduled for shipment to our nearest port, Richmond, VA. If we leave it like this, how large a hassle will it be for us to go pick it up ourselves once it arrives? Customs, fumigation, etc?
Door-to-door service is also quoted for us but it's really expensive! Anyone know how to get in touch with a U.S. company that would do all the pickup, etc. for us so I can get a quote from them?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Latest Punjabi MP3 Hits Song
- 2 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 3 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 4 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 5 Travel India solo
- 6 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 7 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 8 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 9 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 10 Being customs
- 11 Road Scholar tour in China
- 12 myanmar
- 13 Tips in Myanmar
- 14 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 15 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 16 A beach of choice on Samui
- 17 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 18 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 19 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 20 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 21 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 22 Busan Central Bus Terminal
- 23 2 months in Taiwan - relaxing & hassle-free breaks in/out of the country?
- 24 Osaka, aquarium?
- 25 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
Bought furniture in Thailand: what's the procedure once it is in USA?