We are back from a wonderful trip in Thailand and Cambodia (trip report in the next week or two). Right now we are trying to figure out the logistics of what will happen to some furniture we bought in Thailand (not "antique", and not "teak" FYI) and are shipping to our nearest port in Virginia.
Please no negative comments about cracking, etc--we've already made the purchase, are happy with it and will be reminded in years to come of our trip when we look at it. We're excited and just need some know-how from those with experience.
Right now we are scheduled for shipment to our nearest port, Richmond, VA. If we leave it like this, how large a hassle will it be for us to go pick it up ourselves once it arrives? Customs, fumigation, etc?
Door-to-door service is also quoted for us but it's really expensive! Anyone know how to get in touch with a U.S. company that would do all the pickup, etc. for us so I can get a quote from them?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 2 Tokyo hotel help
- 3 Private tours in Northern India
- 4 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 5 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 6 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?
- 9 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 10 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 11 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 12 Beware of China Job, Study & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 13 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 14 Vietnam visa
- 15 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 16 Family Friendly Penang
- 17 Train trip costs help please
- 18 Weather forecast
- 19 Bali - What to do?
- 20 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 21 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 22 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 23 Sri Lanka advice
- 24 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 25 Ryokan in Japan
Bought furniture in Thailand: what's the procedure once it is in USA?