We are back from a wonderful trip in Thailand and Cambodia (trip report in the next week or two). Right now we are trying to figure out the logistics of what will happen to some furniture we bought in Thailand (not "antique", and not "teak" FYI) and are shipping to our nearest port in Virginia.
Please no negative comments about cracking, etc--we've already made the purchase, are happy with it and will be reminded in years to come of our trip when we look at it. We're excited and just need some know-how from those with experience.
Right now we are scheduled for shipment to our nearest port, Richmond, VA. If we leave it like this, how large a hassle will it be for us to go pick it up ourselves once it arrives? Customs, fumigation, etc?
Door-to-door service is also quoted for us but it's really expensive! Anyone know how to get in touch with a U.S. company that would do all the pickup, etc. for us so I can get a quote from them?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 2 India Tour Companies
- 3 Bye bye SE Asia
- 4 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 5 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 6 Laos planning.
- 7 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 8 Japan rough itinerary
- 9 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 10 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 11 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 12 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 13 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 14 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 15 One night in Osaka
- 16 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 17 Japan - costs
- 18 Japan for Foodies
- 19 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 20 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 21 Japan Rail Pass
- 22 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 23 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 24 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 25 20 days Itinerary Help!
Bought furniture in Thailand: what's the procedure once it is in USA?