We are back from a wonderful trip in Thailand and Cambodia (trip report in the next week or two). Right now we are trying to figure out the logistics of what will happen to some furniture we bought in Thailand (not "antique", and not "teak" FYI) and are shipping to our nearest port in Virginia.
Please no negative comments about cracking, etc--we've already made the purchase, are happy with it and will be reminded in years to come of our trip when we look at it. We're excited and just need some know-how from those with experience.
Right now we are scheduled for shipment to our nearest port, Richmond, VA. If we leave it like this, how large a hassle will it be for us to go pick it up ourselves once it arrives? Customs, fumigation, etc?
Door-to-door service is also quoted for us but it's really expensive! Anyone know how to get in touch with a U.S. company that would do all the pickup, etc. for us so I can get a quote from them?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BUY BEST QUALITY COUNTERFEIT MONEY,wtsapp: +1(610) 569-5168
- 2 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 3 How is "Vientiane" Pronounced?
- 4 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 5 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 6 Itinerary Help Japan
- 7 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 8 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 9 November, March, June... Japan?
- 10 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 11 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 12 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 13 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 14 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 15 Silk Road Tour - China
- 16 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 17 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 20 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 21 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 22 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 23 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 24 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 25 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
Bought furniture in Thailand: what's the procedure once it is in USA?