We are heading to Myanmar in a few days. We are currently in Bangkok and are planning to go to Myanmar over land, crossing the border in Phunaron/ Htee Kee.
The tourist agencies have told us it is not really convenient and tried to convince us to book flights. Some of them said it is not possible, some of them said it could be more expensive than the flight itself, but we are not sure if they do it 'cause they want us to buy the flight service from them or what else.
Has anyone been crossing this border recently?
Was it really that expensive to get to the next city in Myanmar from Phunaron? The city should be Dawei, but we read there was a bus for 30.000 kyat, which is pretty expensive for a 5 hour journey. We are wondering if there are other ways and looking for more information about this.
Thanks so much,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 currency conversion
- 2 불새 ≪접속주소 :【＂P T S 2 9.c o m＂】
- 3 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 4 50th Anniversary trip
- 5 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 6 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 7 Help - India take 2
- 8 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 9 CNX late arrival?
- 10 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 11 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 12 The truth about elephant tourism
- 13 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 14 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 15 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 16 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 17 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 18 is this a good travel plan?
- 19 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 20 Phenom Penh
- 21 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 22 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 23 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 24 One day in Saigon
- 25 Bali private driver recommendation