We are heading to Myanmar in a few days. We are currently in Bangkok and are planning to go to Myanmar over land, crossing the border in Phunaron/ Htee Kee.
The tourist agencies have told us it is not really convenient and tried to convince us to book flights. Some of them said it is not possible, some of them said it could be more expensive than the flight itself, but we are not sure if they do it 'cause they want us to buy the flight service from them or what else.
Has anyone been crossing this border recently?
Was it really that expensive to get to the next city in Myanmar from Phunaron? The city should be Dawei, but we read there was a bus for 30.000 kyat, which is pretty expensive for a 5 hour journey. We are wondering if there are other ways and looking for more information about this.
Thanks so much,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 2 Destination Wedding Planner in Indore
- 3 Flights from US to Asia: Which airline to book?
- 4 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 5 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 6 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 7 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 8 Need help on itinerary for trip to Vietnam in November
- 9 Vietnam Itinerary -- please critique
- 10 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 11 Vietnam in February for 8 nights
- 12 Short Trip to Japan & South East Asia
- 13 A great trip in India
- 14 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 15 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 16 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 17 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 18 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 19 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 20 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 21 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 22 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 23 Sulawesi
- 24 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?
- 25 Direct flight from JFK/Newark to Tokyo