We are heading to Myanmar in a few days. We are currently in Bangkok and are planning to go to Myanmar over land, crossing the border in Phunaron/ Htee Kee.
The tourist agencies have told us it is not really convenient and tried to convince us to book flights. Some of them said it is not possible, some of them said it could be more expensive than the flight itself, but we are not sure if they do it 'cause they want us to buy the flight service from them or what else.
Has anyone been crossing this border recently?
Was it really that expensive to get to the next city in Myanmar from Phunaron? The city should be Dawei, but we read there was a bus for 30.000 kyat, which is pretty expensive for a 5 hour journey. We are wondering if there are other ways and looking for more information about this.
Thanks so much,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 2 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 3 Seoul Searching Questions
- 4 Which website to check train availability & cost
- 5 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 6 First time to SEA
- 7 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 8 Japanese art
- 9 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 10 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 11 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 12 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok
- 13 Hakone station confusion
- 14 Malaysia or Philipines May or end of June
- 15 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 16 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 17 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 18 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 19 Backstreet Academy
- 20 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 21 Visa on Arrival
- 22 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 23 Cebu where to stay
- 24 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 25 Borneo/Sabah Itinerary: Danum or Kinabatagan?