We are heading to Myanmar in a few days. We are currently in Bangkok and are planning to go to Myanmar over land, crossing the border in Phunaron/ Htee Kee.
The tourist agencies have told us it is not really convenient and tried to convince us to book flights. Some of them said it is not possible, some of them said it could be more expensive than the flight itself, but we are not sure if they do it 'cause they want us to buy the flight service from them or what else.
Has anyone been crossing this border recently?
Was it really that expensive to get to the next city in Myanmar from Phunaron? The city should be Dawei, but we read there was a bus for 30.000 kyat, which is pretty expensive for a 5 hour journey. We are wondering if there are other ways and looking for more information about this.
Thanks so much,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 2 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 3 Place to stay Hue
- 4 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 5 India help needed
- 6 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 7 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 8 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 9 Hotel in Hanoi
- 10 Hoi Ann hotel
- 11 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 12 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 13 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 14 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 15 Trekking outside Sapa
- 16 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 17 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 18 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 19 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 20 Go to Pai or not?
- 21 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 22 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India
- 23 Thai Island Itinerary
- 24 Thailand
- 25 Aomori to Hirosaki