We are heading to Myanmar in a few days. We are currently in Bangkok and are planning to go to Myanmar over land, crossing the border in Phunaron/ Htee Kee.
The tourist agencies have told us it is not really convenient and tried to convince us to book flights. Some of them said it is not possible, some of them said it could be more expensive than the flight itself, but we are not sure if they do it 'cause they want us to buy the flight service from them or what else.
Has anyone been crossing this border recently?
Was it really that expensive to get to the next city in Myanmar from Phunaron? The city should be Dawei, but we read there was a bus for 30.000 kyat, which is pretty expensive for a 5 hour journey. We are wondering if there are other ways and looking for more information about this.
Thanks so much,
border crossing over land Bangkok to Myanmar (Phunaron)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 2 India
- 3 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 4 Bali Question
- 5 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 6 Vietnam - Questions
- 7 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 8 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 9 Golden eagle festival Mongolia?
- 10 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 11 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 12 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 13 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 14 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 15 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 16 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 17 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 18 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 19 Osaka shopping
- 20 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 21 Takayama ideas in April?
- 22 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 23 SW China or Myanmar for 2 weeks+ in NOV???
- 24 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 25 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review