We are heading to Myanmar in a few days. We are currently in Bangkok and are planning to go to Myanmar over land, crossing the border in Phunaron/ Htee Kee.
The tourist agencies have told us it is not really convenient and tried to convince us to book flights. Some of them said it is not possible, some of them said it could be more expensive than the flight itself, but we are not sure if they do it 'cause they want us to buy the flight service from them or what else.
Has anyone been crossing this border recently?
Was it really that expensive to get to the next city in Myanmar from Phunaron? The city should be Dawei, but we read there was a bus for 30.000 kyat, which is pretty expensive for a 5 hour journey. We are wondering if there are other ways and looking for more information about this.
Thanks so much,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Impressions of India
- 2 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 3 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary
- 4 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 5 How much Yen?
- 6 Tokyo hotel help
- 7 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 8 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 9 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 10 South Korea for Chuseok
- 11 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 12 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 13 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 14 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 15 Bali - What to do?
- 16 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 17 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 18 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4
- 19 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 20 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 21 Bangkok transport to Shangri La Hotel
- 22 Private tours in Northern India
- 23 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?
- 24 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 25 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?