We are heading to Myanmar in a few days. We are currently in Bangkok and are planning to go to Myanmar over land, crossing the border in Phunaron/ Htee Kee.
The tourist agencies have told us it is not really convenient and tried to convince us to book flights. Some of them said it is not possible, some of them said it could be more expensive than the flight itself, but we are not sure if they do it 'cause they want us to buy the flight service from them or what else.
Has anyone been crossing this border recently?
Was it really that expensive to get to the next city in Myanmar from Phunaron? The city should be Dawei, but we read there was a bus for 30.000 kyat, which is pretty expensive for a 5 hour journey. We are wondering if there are other ways and looking for more information about this.
Thanks so much,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://skincaresfreetrial.com/novellus-naturals-skin-cream/
- 2 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 3 Japan Rail Pass
- 4 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 5 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 6 Japan for Foodies
- 7 Inquiry : Survey on TripAdvisor Bali Hotels
- 8 11 days in Vietnam - need input on itinerary
- 9 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 10 Vietnam 19 day Itinerary
- 11 Bad experience with savaari.com
- 12 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 13 Vietnam Planning
- 14 Backpacking on a budget
- 15 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 16 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 17 Japan rough itinerary
- 18 One night in Osaka
- 19 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 20 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 21 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 22 Singapore weather in August/September
- 23 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 24 First time going abroad
- 25 Sapporo to Lake Akan