We are heading to Myanmar in a few days. We are currently in Bangkok and are planning to go to Myanmar over land, crossing the border in Phunaron/ Htee Kee.
The tourist agencies have told us it is not really convenient and tried to convince us to book flights. Some of them said it is not possible, some of them said it could be more expensive than the flight itself, but we are not sure if they do it 'cause they want us to buy the flight service from them or what else.
Has anyone been crossing this border recently?
Was it really that expensive to get to the next city in Myanmar from Phunaron? The city should be Dawei, but we read there was a bus for 30.000 kyat, which is pretty expensive for a 5 hour journey. We are wondering if there are other ways and looking for more information about this.
Thanks so much,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Terracotta Warriors
- 2 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 3 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 4 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 5 Japan Itinerary!
- 6 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 7 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 8 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 9 hiking japan sept
- 10 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 11 Japan rough itinerary
- 12 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 13 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 14 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 15 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 16 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 17 shanghai for 4 days
- 18 Budget Servied Apt
- 19 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 20 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 22 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 23 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 24 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 25 Something about... Malaysia