We are heading to Myanmar in a few days. We are currently in Bangkok and are planning to go to Myanmar over land, crossing the border in Phunaron/ Htee Kee.
The tourist agencies have told us it is not really convenient and tried to convince us to book flights. Some of them said it is not possible, some of them said it could be more expensive than the flight itself, but we are not sure if they do it 'cause they want us to buy the flight service from them or what else.
Has anyone been crossing this border recently?
Was it really that expensive to get to the next city in Myanmar from Phunaron? The city should be Dawei, but we read there was a bus for 30.000 kyat, which is pretty expensive for a 5 hour journey. We are wondering if there are other ways and looking for more information about this.
Thanks so much,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 2 Help! Shanghai intern housing
- 3 Wagha Border Ceremony
- 4 Tiger Temple
- 5 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 6 Where to start my Japan trip?
- 7 Where to go SOLO in (SE. Asia?) june/july (3-4 weeks)? Help me decide
- 8 Hong Kong or Toyko
- 9 Driving in Japan
- 10 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 11 Hilton Toyko to Kabukicho ---evening walk??
- 12 5 day rain-free trip in India
- 13 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 14 First time trip to Japan questions
- 15 Laos in the end of June
- 16 Japan & WiFi
- 17 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 18 Sri Lanka in 12 Days
- 19 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 20 Taiwan / Taipei Advice Sought
- 21 Hong Kong, Macau and ?
- 22 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 23 DMZ - Sneak Peak of North Korea Travel Report
- 24 Crazy Trip To Ooty With My Buddies
- 25 Plans for Ladakh Tour