We are heading to Myanmar in a few days. We are currently in Bangkok and are planning to go to Myanmar over land, crossing the border in Phunaron/ Htee Kee.
The tourist agencies have told us it is not really convenient and tried to convince us to book flights. Some of them said it is not possible, some of them said it could be more expensive than the flight itself, but we are not sure if they do it 'cause they want us to buy the flight service from them or what else.
Has anyone been crossing this border recently?
Was it really that expensive to get to the next city in Myanmar from Phunaron? The city should be Dawei, but we read there was a bus for 30.000 kyat, which is pretty expensive for a 5 hour journey. We are wondering if there are other ways and looking for more information about this.
Thanks so much,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan GTG, early April
- 2 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 3 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 4 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 5 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 6 Takayama trail, Japan
- 7 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 8 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 9 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 10 Beijing tours
- 11 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 12 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 15 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 16 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 17 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 18 Visa for India
- 19 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 20 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 21 Hútòng Walking
- 22 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos
- 23 Singapore SAEX bus service question
- 24 21 Hours in Hong Kong
- 25 best options for cell phone in Vietnam and Thailand