We are heading to Myanmar in a few days. We are currently in Bangkok and are planning to go to Myanmar over land, crossing the border in Phunaron/ Htee Kee.
The tourist agencies have told us it is not really convenient and tried to convince us to book flights. Some of them said it is not possible, some of them said it could be more expensive than the flight itself, but we are not sure if they do it 'cause they want us to buy the flight service from them or what else.
Has anyone been crossing this border recently?
Was it really that expensive to get to the next city in Myanmar from Phunaron? The city should be Dawei, but we read there was a bus for 30.000 kyat, which is pretty expensive for a 5 hour journey. We are wondering if there are other ways and looking for more information about this.
Thanks so much,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://purelifegreencoffeebeanadvice.com/vitalure/
- 2 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 3 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 4 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 5 Suggestions for a trip with my daughter
- 6 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 7 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 8 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 9 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 10 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 11 3 weeks in Japan
- 12 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 13 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 14 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 15 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 16 India Tour Companies
- 17 Vietnam Dong
- 18 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 19 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 20 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 21 New Years in Japan
- 22 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 23 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 24 Touristy Thailand
- 25 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia