We are off to Cambodia soon. Any suggestions on books to read. I don't want anything dry and heavy but am thinking of a fiction book which has a good dose of history and/or culture included to give me a taste of the country. There is plenty of info around re The Killing Fields but I know little about Cambodia outside of that. I am probably more interested in finding out more about Khmer culture.
Books on Cambodia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 2 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 3 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 4 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 5 Japan Itinerary for May
- 6 South Korea 5 days
- 7 Japan -OAT tour
- 8 Thai island escape
- 9 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 10 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 11 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 12 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 13 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 14 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 15 General question
- 16 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 17 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 18 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 19 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 20 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 21 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 22 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 23 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 24 Phuket Hotel
- 25 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA