My name is Lee Carlton, and I just wanted to share a little insight into our school's recent trip to Bhutan. The high school that I work for, THINK Global School, holds classes in three different countries each year, and this year a visit to Bhutan for our two week intersession was one of them. For those who have had the privilege to visit, or for those who are wondering whether they should, I can safely say that this was one of our students' favorite trips to date.
Bhutan's simple way of life and gorgeous landscapes definitely struck a chord with everyone that went. The concept of Gross National Happiness (GNH) was a focus of the trip, and the students definitely gained a deeper understanding of it by the end. The trip began in the capital city of Thimphu. From there we progressed throughout the country, visiting the Phobjika Valley and the Bhumtang region.
For those who are considering going, we recommend checking out:
-The 108 stupas at the Dochu Pass are a sight to behold, and the Himalayas behind them are simply stunning. The pass is located just outside Thimphu, so very easy to get to.
-The dzongs! Bhutan's dzongs are full of history, and we had the opportunity to visit several while there, including ones in Thimphu, Trongsa and Punakha. While visiting the Punakha Dzong we took a rafting trip down the Mo Chhu river, which is also recommended. The final dzong we visited, the Tiger's Nest Monastery, might be the grandest of all, and is well worth the trip.
-We took a flight over Bhutan's Phobjikha glacial valley which was simply breathtaking. This is also a fantastic place to bird watch, as the cranes are among the rarest in the world.
I'm glad I could share some details from the trip, and I hope this info is useful. We've shared our students' photos, videos and writings from our trip which you can find here: http://spot.thinkglobalschool.com/tagdashboar...
Hope you enjoy what we came up with, and we'd love to answer any questions you might have regarding Bhutan. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 인터넷경마⧹⋐⋑⧹] RAcC77 . cOm [⧹⋐⋑⧹인터넷경마사이트 인터넷경마
- 2 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 3 Natural Sights in Japan Near Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 4 Trust Registration
- 5 Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam for 65 year olds
- 6 Would you weigh in on 1st-timer's rough itinerary?
- 7 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 8 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 9 where to stay in Busan
- 10 First time to India
- 11 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 12 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 13 What's on in Kyoto 4th -9th October 2017
- 14 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 15 Booking a train and pulling out my hair doing it!
- 16 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 17 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 18 Thai Jungle Experience
- 19 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 20 First time getting out of the country
- 21 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 22 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 23 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 24 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 25 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets