Just returned from Bhutan. We are kind of confused about the Boutique Hotels in Bhutan. After lunching at a VERY nice hotel in Thimpu - Jumolhari -- I asked our tour guide if the Boutique Hotels cost more to stay in. He said no. Made me wonder why if that was the case -- we were put in one of the basic hotels. Anyone have an idea how this works? Assuming it is true that you pay the same -- if I went back -- I would probably seek out some of the boutique hotels if they were in the towns and not isolated from the general culture. Jumolhari was a block from Hotel Druk.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 2 My SEA trip - photos update
- 3 vietnam and laos
- 4 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 5 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 6 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 7 Nepal- recipe?
- 8 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 9 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 10 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 11 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 12 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 13 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans
- 14 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 15 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 16 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 17 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 18 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 19 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 20 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 21 Connaught Place
- 22 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 23 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 24 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 25 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?