Wish that I was planning a trip back to SE Asia for myself/DH/DD, but I'm actually trying to help my parents with their trip next December. When I flew to BKK in '08, Thai Airways still had the direct flight from JFK. I now believe that the only direct flight to BKK from the US is from LA. My parents are trying to use their Amex miles and it doesn't seem like FF seats are being released anymore for the LA-BKK flight on Thai because the airline can fill all the seats with paying customers. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the most direct/shortest route from NY to BKK? My parents are overwhelmed with the options- stops in Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Europe... the list goes on and on. They are planning on spending the most time in Vietnam and Cambodia (so if there is an easier route that takes them into Hanoi, HCMC, or Siem Reap that would be fine too). However, they would like to spend some time in Bangkok as well, so I thought it would make the most sense for them to fly into/out of BKK.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 온라인릴게임 ■■접_속: pts11.컴 ■■
- 2 http://elevategffacts.com/blazeray-tactical-flashlight/
- 3 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 4 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 5 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 6 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 7 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 8 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 9 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 10 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 11 Kerala trip
- 12 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 13 E Visa for India?
- 14 1-2 months South East Asia
- 15 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 16 Help - India.
- 17 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 18 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 19 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 20 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 21 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 22 Side trips from Taipei
- 23 Georgia and Armenia trip
- 24 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days
- 25 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka