Wish that I was planning a trip back to SE Asia for myself/DH/DD, but I'm actually trying to help my parents with their trip next December. When I flew to BKK in '08, Thai Airways still had the direct flight from JFK. I now believe that the only direct flight to BKK from the US is from LA. My parents are trying to use their Amex miles and it doesn't seem like FF seats are being released anymore for the LA-BKK flight on Thai because the airline can fill all the seats with paying customers. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the most direct/shortest route from NY to BKK? My parents are overwhelmed with the options- stops in Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Europe... the list goes on and on. They are planning on spending the most time in Vietnam and Cambodia (so if there is an easier route that takes them into Hanoi, HCMC, or Siem Reap that would be fine too). However, they would like to spend some time in Bangkok as well, so I thought it would make the most sense for them to fly into/out of BKK.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best Travel agent in India. Any Advise?
- 2 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 3 New Thai Visa
- 4 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 5 6 Things You May Want To Know About Vietnam Visa On Arrival In 2017
- 6 TOP 1O MUST – TRY VIETNAM DISHES IN HA NOI FOR FOOD LOVING GLOBETROTTERS
- 7 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 8 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 9 New Years in Japan
- 10 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 11 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 12 Sri Lanka in December
- 13 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 14 january 31 in colombo
- 15 Serendipity Srilanka
- 16 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 17 Traffic and Police in India
- 18 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 19 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 20 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 21 3 weeks in Japan
- 22 A first time for everything in Japan
- 23 India Tour Companies
- 24 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 25 Tokyo-to do and districts