Wish that I was planning a trip back to SE Asia for myself/DH/DD, but I'm actually trying to help my parents with their trip next December. When I flew to BKK in '08, Thai Airways still had the direct flight from JFK. I now believe that the only direct flight to BKK from the US is from LA. My parents are trying to use their Amex miles and it doesn't seem like FF seats are being released anymore for the LA-BKK flight on Thai because the airline can fill all the seats with paying customers. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the most direct/shortest route from NY to BKK? My parents are overwhelmed with the options- stops in Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Europe... the list goes on and on. They are planning on spending the most time in Vietnam and Cambodia (so if there is an easier route that takes them into Hanoi, HCMC, or Siem Reap that would be fine too). However, they would like to spend some time in Bangkok as well, so I thought it would make the most sense for them to fly into/out of BKK.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 ESET@ CUSTOMER CONTACT ☎ 1.800.681.7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Japan Questions - shots, shoulders and shorts
- 3 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 4 Safety concerns for solo female traveler in SE Asia and itinerary feedback
- 5 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 6 Hong Kong
- 7 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 8 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 9 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 10 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 11 Something about... Malaysia
- 12 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 13 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 14 Budget Servied Apt
- 15 Terracotta Warriors
- 16 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 17 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 18 hiking japan sept
- 19 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 20 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 21 The best way to My Son
- 22 Japan Itinerary!
- 23 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 24 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 25 trying to fathom Chinese train travel