Wish that I was planning a trip back to SE Asia for myself/DH/DD, but I'm actually trying to help my parents with their trip next December. When I flew to BKK in '08, Thai Airways still had the direct flight from JFK. I now believe that the only direct flight to BKK from the US is from LA. My parents are trying to use their Amex miles and it doesn't seem like FF seats are being released anymore for the LA-BKK flight on Thai because the airline can fill all the seats with paying customers. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the most direct/shortest route from NY to BKK? My parents are overwhelmed with the options- stops in Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Europe... the list goes on and on. They are planning on spending the most time in Vietnam and Cambodia (so if there is an easier route that takes them into Hanoi, HCMC, or Siem Reap that would be fine too). However, they would like to spend some time in Bangkok as well, so I thought it would make the most sense for them to fly into/out of BKK.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Print Journalism Institute & College Ahmedabad
- 2 Silk Road Tour - China
- 3 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 4 Japan Cherry Blossom time 2018
- 5 Japan rough itinerary
- 6 Vietnam visa debate
- 7 Transfers and hotel Hong Kong
- 8 Vietnam visa
- 9 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 10 Bye bye SE Asia
- 11 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 12 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 13 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 14 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 15 India Tour Companies
- 16 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 17 Laos planning.
- 18 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 19 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 20 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 21 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 22 One night in Osaka
- 23 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 24 Japan - costs
- 25 Japan for Foodies