We are looking to plan a trip to Ko Samui/Ko Phangan and Krabi, and are wondering what the best time of the year is to visit weather-wise. Our #1 priority is being there when there is the most sun and least rain, and when temps are a little more mild. Our #2 priority is having calm seas so we can go boating and there is good visibility for snorkeling/diving. But really, just want to make sure we have the most chance of sunny skies and little rain.
I am a little confused because most sites show that February-March are the months with the best weather, but a Dive Master who lives in Ko Phangan told me that Feb is the end of Monsoon Season over there and weather can be very unpredictable. However, this website clearly shows that there is the lowest amount of rain in Feb http://www.kohphangan.com/travel/weather.html Similar sites have also shown weather to be good in Krabi in Feb, but hearing this from the Dive Master was a little concerning. I'd just hate to book our trip at the 'wrong' time...because in actuality we are TOTALLY flexible and will completely plan our trip around the weather.
Thank you so so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 2 Japan rough itinerary
- 3 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 4 Laos planning.
- 5 Impressions of India
- 6 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 7 Bye bye SE Asia
- 8 Japan - costs
- 9 Japan for Foodies
- 10 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 11 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 12 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 13 Japan Rail Pass
- 14 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 15 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 16 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 17 Sri Lanka May
- 18 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 19 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 20 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 21 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 22 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 23 One night in Osaka
- 24 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 25 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report