We are looking to plan a trip to Ko Samui/Ko Phangan and Krabi, and are wondering what the best time of the year is to visit weather-wise. Our #1 priority is being there when there is the most sun and least rain, and when temps are a little more mild. Our #2 priority is having calm seas so we can go boating and there is good visibility for snorkeling/diving. But really, just want to make sure we have the most chance of sunny skies and little rain.
I am a little confused because most sites show that February-March are the months with the best weather, but a Dive Master who lives in Ko Phangan told me that Feb is the end of Monsoon Season over there and weather can be very unpredictable. However, this website clearly shows that there is the lowest amount of rain in Feb http://www.kohphangan.com/travel/weather.html Similar sites have also shown weather to be good in Krabi in Feb, but hearing this from the Dive Master was a little concerning. I'd just hate to book our trip at the 'wrong' time...because in actuality we are TOTALLY flexible and will completely plan our trip around the weather.
Thank you so so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Changing planes at Dubai
- 2 14 days in Myanmar
- 3 "necessities" for India
- 4 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 5 50th Anniversary trip
- 6 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 7 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 8 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 9 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 10 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 11 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 12 Short trip to Myanmar
- 13 ATMs in Japan
- 14 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 15 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 16 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 17 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 18 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 19 Mandalay questions
- 20 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 21 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 22 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 23 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 24 Help - India take 2
- 25 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff