We are looking to plan a trip to Ko Samui/Ko Phangan and Krabi, and are wondering what the best time of the year is to visit weather-wise. Our #1 priority is being there when there is the most sun and least rain, and when temps are a little more mild. Our #2 priority is having calm seas so we can go boating and there is good visibility for snorkeling/diving. But really, just want to make sure we have the most chance of sunny skies and little rain.
I am a little confused because most sites show that February-March are the months with the best weather, but a Dive Master who lives in Ko Phangan told me that Feb is the end of Monsoon Season over there and weather can be very unpredictable. However, this website clearly shows that there is the lowest amount of rain in Feb http://www.kohphangan.com/travel/weather.html Similar sites have also shown weather to be good in Krabi in Feb, but hearing this from the Dive Master was a little concerning. I'd just hate to book our trip at the 'wrong' time...because in actuality we are TOTALLY flexible and will completely plan our trip around the weather.
Thank you so so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AVG@ Antivirus CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tech SUPP0RT CARE
- 2 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 3 Japan rough itinerary
- 4 i need some information about georgia
- 5 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 6 Something about... Malaysia
- 7 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 8 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids
- 9 Layover in Seoul with a dog?
- 10 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 11 Tour Companies for Vietnam trip
- 12 Japan - Your favorite locations in Kyushu
- 13 Japan Itinerary!
- 14 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 15 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 16 Chiang Mai, Thailand and Myanmar
- 17 First Trip to Japan in August
- 18 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 19 Cherry Blossom Trip April 2018
- 20 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 21 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 22 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 23 Japan - restaurant reservations
- 24 Planning third trip to Japan
- 25 7 hour layover in Beijing