We are looking to plan a trip to Ko Samui/Ko Phangan and Krabi, and are wondering what the best time of the year is to visit weather-wise. Our #1 priority is being there when there is the most sun and least rain, and when temps are a little more mild. Our #2 priority is having calm seas so we can go boating and there is good visibility for snorkeling/diving. But really, just want to make sure we have the most chance of sunny skies and little rain.
I am a little confused because most sites show that February-March are the months with the best weather, but a Dive Master who lives in Ko Phangan told me that Feb is the end of Monsoon Season over there and weather can be very unpredictable. However, this website clearly shows that there is the lowest amount of rain in Feb http://www.kohphangan.com/travel/weather.html Similar sites have also shown weather to be good in Krabi in Feb, but hearing this from the Dive Master was a little concerning. I'd just hate to book our trip at the 'wrong' time...because in actuality we are TOTALLY flexible and will completely plan our trip around the weather.
Thank you so so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 SILK BLANKETS: BEIJING or SHANGHAI
- 2 Family Trip to India late May/early June
- 3 Bangkok Hotel- near BTS & late check out
- 4 process for arriving in Narita airport
- 5 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 6 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 7 So excited - going to Siem Reap
- 8 Hotel Chang Mai
- 9 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 10 Floods in North and Central Vietnam
- 11 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 12 Bhutan paro Tshechu
- 13 Thailand
- 14 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 15 Kindly request/need 30 days Thailand+Vietnam itineary advice
- 16 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 17 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 18 Hotel in Hanoi
- 19 India help needed
- 20 Beach hotel Thailand
- 21 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 22 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 23 Sim cards and adaptors
- 24 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 25 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia