I haven't gotten much response to my other thread about Nikko and Tohoku so I am putting another out - hoping to see chrysanthemum and autumn leaves this fall.
In place of Tohoku would also consider Kanazawa.
Want to do something that is logistically simple and not spend too much time traveling.
Is it true that in order to reach Tohoku (Morioka for example ) or Kanazawa, from Nikko we would have to retrace our steps to Tokyo ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visa for India
- 2 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 3 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 4 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 5 Other than Kyoto?
- 6 Japan itinerary advice
- 7 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 8 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 9 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 10 Trip Report : China
- 11 help with trip itinerary in April/May
- 12 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 13 Japan GTG, early April
- 14 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 15 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 16 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 17 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 18 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 19 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 20 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 21 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 22 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 23 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 24 Beijing tours
- 25 Advice needed from Japan train pros