I'm currently planning an Asian trip for myself, my new wife, and her parents. We are going to spend some time in Okinawa (where her mother is from), and her parents have expressed interest in visiting another SE Asian destination while we are in the region.
However, I'm struggling to find a good destination for them...and us. They want a city/country with relatively good tourist infrastructure - they want to stay in "nice" hotels, go on tours, etc. Thus, I think they would prefer a place like Singapore. My wife and I demand a little bit more adventure.....for example, I would love to visit Vietnam. But does Vietnam have enough of a tourist infrastructure to make them comfortable?
Any suggestions? I've been to Thailand before, so I'd like to avoid going again. All other destinations are in-play....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotel reservations for Chiang Mai 11/9-11-16?
- 2 Help with choosing guided tour
- 3 Arashiyama Excursion
- 4 Trip Report with Pictures and HD Video: Middle East & India
- 5 Yunnan to Guilin
- 6 Video : INDIA - Epic journey through India
- 7 Tours for 7 hour lay over in Hong Kong
- 8 How to avoid MSG in China?
- 9 Christmas in Bali
- 10 Christmas in Cambodia
- 11 Best beach in December
- 12 Surin Beach - Rubbish Reports?
- 13 Hotel swimming pools - Delhi and Kolkata and more
- 14 Paddy fields in Vietnam
- 15 China visa
- 16 Japan: SIM card vs. MiFi
- 17 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 18 Inoculations for Vietnam & Camboda
- 19 Kyoto to Tokyo airport - Train or Fly
- 20 Visa to Beijing China
- 21 A couple of Kyoto questions
- 22 Hotel in Langkawi
- 23 Kerala- Periyar or Alleppey, which place is more scenic ?
- 24 Good restaurants in Shanghai
- 25 Flight from Siem Reap to Chiang Mai