I'm currently planning an Asian trip for myself, my new wife, and her parents. We are going to spend some time in Okinawa (where her mother is from), and her parents have expressed interest in visiting another SE Asian destination while we are in the region.
However, I'm struggling to find a good destination for them...and us. They want a city/country with relatively good tourist infrastructure - they want to stay in "nice" hotels, go on tours, etc. Thus, I think they would prefer a place like Singapore. My wife and I demand a little bit more adventure.....for example, I would love to visit Vietnam. But does Vietnam have enough of a tourist infrastructure to make them comfortable?
Any suggestions? I've been to Thailand before, so I'd like to avoid going again. All other destinations are in-play....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 2 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 3 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 4 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 5 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 6 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 7 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 8 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 9 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 10 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 11 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 12 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 14 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 15 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 16 Sakura (cherry blossom) forecasts 2016
- 17 A great trip in India
- 18 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 19 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 20 My Honeymoon Trip to Valparai
- 21 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 22 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 23 Traveling on low budget ,Japan
- 24 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 25 Hanoi Hotel