I'm currently planning an Asian trip for myself, my new wife, and her parents. We are going to spend some time in Okinawa (where her mother is from), and her parents have expressed interest in visiting another SE Asian destination while we are in the region.
However, I'm struggling to find a good destination for them...and us. They want a city/country with relatively good tourist infrastructure - they want to stay in "nice" hotels, go on tours, etc. Thus, I think they would prefer a place like Singapore. My wife and I demand a little bit more adventure.....for example, I would love to visit Vietnam. But does Vietnam have enough of a tourist infrastructure to make them comfortable?
Any suggestions? I've been to Thailand before, so I'd like to avoid going again. All other destinations are in-play....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 2 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 3 How is "Vientiane" Pronounced?
- 4 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 5 Itinerary Help Japan
- 6 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 7 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 8 November, March, June... Japan?
- 9 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 10 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 11 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 12 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 13 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 14 Silk Road Tour - China
- 15 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 16 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 17 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 18 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 19 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 20 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 21 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 22 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 23 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 24 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 25 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set