I'm currently planning an Asian trip for myself, my new wife, and her parents. We are going to spend some time in Okinawa (where her mother is from), and her parents have expressed interest in visiting another SE Asian destination while we are in the region.
However, I'm struggling to find a good destination for them...and us. They want a city/country with relatively good tourist infrastructure - they want to stay in "nice" hotels, go on tours, etc. Thus, I think they would prefer a place like Singapore. My wife and I demand a little bit more adventure.....for example, I would love to visit Vietnam. But does Vietnam have enough of a tourist infrastructure to make them comfortable?
Any suggestions? I've been to Thailand before, so I'd like to avoid going again. All other destinations are in-play....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Are you find effective vacuum pump oil?
- 2 Bangkok hotel - River sides pros/cons
- 3 Bangkok hotel - Feedback requested on specific hotels
- 4 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 5 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 6 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 7 Travelling to Malaysia with an invalid Australian Passport
- 8 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 9 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 10 Phuket
- 11 Which locations should I select for my Goa trip?
- 12 Japan: ATM Machines
- 13 In Spite of Old and Dilapidated, more Creators Were Attracted
- 14 Don't forget the wellies...
- 15 Where/when/how should I get my visa for Vietnam?
- 16 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 17 So, why go to Vietnam?
- 18 Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown in VN
- 19 Vientiane and ??
- 20 Air Asia now fly to Luang Prabang
- 21 A great trip in India
- 22 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 23 On a scale of 1 to 10, how dirty is India?
- 24 How to do this
- 25 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2016 - Annapurna Base Camp (and more)