I'm currently planning an Asian trip for myself, my new wife, and her parents. We are going to spend some time in Okinawa (where her mother is from), and her parents have expressed interest in visiting another SE Asian destination while we are in the region.
However, I'm struggling to find a good destination for them...and us. They want a city/country with relatively good tourist infrastructure - they want to stay in "nice" hotels, go on tours, etc. Thus, I think they would prefer a place like Singapore. My wife and I demand a little bit more adventure.....for example, I would love to visit Vietnam. But does Vietnam have enough of a tourist infrastructure to make them comfortable?
Any suggestions? I've been to Thailand before, so I'd like to avoid going again. All other destinations are in-play....
Best SE Asia Destination for Older Travelers?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 2 Bangkok - Side trip to Ayutthaya
- 3 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 4 Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai -- HOW?
- 5 Favorite travel apps?
- 6 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 7 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 8 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 9 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 10 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 11 Destination Bangkok, again
- 12 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 13 Foreign currency
- 14 how to book a train from -DaNang to Hue, Vietnam
- 15 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 16 Airfare from Bali to Ko Samui
- 17 Honeymoon In sept
- 18 Vietnam October 2014
- 19 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 20 Indonesian visa update
- 21 Tourist Visa for France/UK
- 22 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 23 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 24 where can i find replica handbags
- 25 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon