I'm currently planning an Asian trip for myself, my new wife, and her parents. We are going to spend some time in Okinawa (where her mother is from), and her parents have expressed interest in visiting another SE Asian destination while we are in the region.
However, I'm struggling to find a good destination for them...and us. They want a city/country with relatively good tourist infrastructure - they want to stay in "nice" hotels, go on tours, etc. Thus, I think they would prefer a place like Singapore. My wife and I demand a little bit more adventure.....for example, I would love to visit Vietnam. But does Vietnam have enough of a tourist infrastructure to make them comfortable?
Any suggestions? I've been to Thailand before, so I'd like to avoid going again. All other destinations are in-play....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 2 Visa on Arrival
- 3 Cooking Classes & Private Tours- Bangkok
- 4 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 5 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 6 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 7 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 8 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 9 Cambodia to Vietnam via Phu Quoc - visa question, please help
- 10 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 11 Japanese art
- 12 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 13 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 14 Seoul Searching Questions
- 15 Which website to check train availability & cost
- 16 First time to SEA
- 17 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 18 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 19 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok
- 20 Hakone station confusion
- 21 Malaysia or Philipines May or end of June
- 22 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 23 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 24 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 25 Backstreet Academy