I'm currently planning an Asian trip for myself, my new wife, and her parents. We are going to spend some time in Okinawa (where her mother is from), and her parents have expressed interest in visiting another SE Asian destination while we are in the region.
However, I'm struggling to find a good destination for them...and us. They want a city/country with relatively good tourist infrastructure - they want to stay in "nice" hotels, go on tours, etc. Thus, I think they would prefer a place like Singapore. My wife and I demand a little bit more adventure.....for example, I would love to visit Vietnam. But does Vietnam have enough of a tourist infrastructure to make them comfortable?
Any suggestions? I've been to Thailand before, so I'd like to avoid going again. All other destinations are in-play....
Best SE Asia Destination for Older Travelers?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 2 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 3 Travel & leisure reports Burma as one of most dangerous countries to visit
- 4 Currency in South Korea
- 5 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 6 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 7 Ryoken recommendation pls either in Tokyo;Hiroshima;Kyoto?
- 8 Kyushu rail pass
- 9 Tipping in Japan
- 10 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 11 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 12 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 13 Places to visit in India in October
- 14 Flying back and forth between Vietnam and Cambodia: where to start
- 15 Cambodge / Laos / Vietnam arts
- 16 Driver in South India
- 17 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 18 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 19 6 full days in Yagoon
- 20 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 21 5 day Bangkok Itinerary?
- 22 Amphawa Floating Market
- 23 Following Craig & Jeane's lead, I'm heading out. Thailand & Cambodia again.
- 24 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan
- 25 Krabi island tours