I'm currently planning an Asian trip for myself, my new wife, and her parents. We are going to spend some time in Okinawa (where her mother is from), and her parents have expressed interest in visiting another SE Asian destination while we are in the region.
However, I'm struggling to find a good destination for them...and us. They want a city/country with relatively good tourist infrastructure - they want to stay in "nice" hotels, go on tours, etc. Thus, I think they would prefer a place like Singapore. My wife and I demand a little bit more adventure.....for example, I would love to visit Vietnam. But does Vietnam have enough of a tourist infrastructure to make them comfortable?
Any suggestions? I've been to Thailand before, so I'd like to avoid going again. All other destinations are in-play....
Best SE Asia Destination for Older Travelers?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nepal
- 2 Which Beach in Koh Samui
- 3 Orphanages in Sri Lanka
- 4 border crossing over land Bangkok to Myanmar (Phunaron)
- 5 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 6 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 7 Trip Report - Yunnan Province, China and Mongolia
- 8 China in 12 Days
- 9 Japan Itinerary & Logistics - help, feeling frantic!
- 10 language problem in japan
- 11 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 12 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 13 two free days in Beijing
- 14 hotels in Singapore-1st time there
- 15 April in Bangkok, again!
- 16 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 17 Japan - spending money?
- 18 Teaching English in Asia or Europe
- 19 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 20 Travel agencies in India e.g. Legends and Palaces, Castle and King
- 21 1st Trip to Bali
- 22 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 23 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 24 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit
- 25 water villages, shanghai