I'm currently planning an Asian trip for myself, my new wife, and her parents. We are going to spend some time in Okinawa (where her mother is from), and her parents have expressed interest in visiting another SE Asian destination while we are in the region.
However, I'm struggling to find a good destination for them...and us. They want a city/country with relatively good tourist infrastructure - they want to stay in "nice" hotels, go on tours, etc. Thus, I think they would prefer a place like Singapore. My wife and I demand a little bit more adventure.....for example, I would love to visit Vietnam. But does Vietnam have enough of a tourist infrastructure to make them comfortable?
Any suggestions? I've been to Thailand before, so I'd like to avoid going again. All other destinations are in-play....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 2 base bangkok or manilla
- 3 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 4 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 5 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 6 Idiotic time zone question
- 7 Christmas in the Alps
- 8 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 9 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 10 Mount Koya
- 11 Sometahing is wrong
- 12 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 13 Twin rooms in Japan
- 14 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 15 sri lanka- tips required
- 16 Change my Itinerary?
- 17 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week