I'm currently planning an Asian trip for myself, my new wife, and her parents. We are going to spend some time in Okinawa (where her mother is from), and her parents have expressed interest in visiting another SE Asian destination while we are in the region.
However, I'm struggling to find a good destination for them...and us. They want a city/country with relatively good tourist infrastructure - they want to stay in "nice" hotels, go on tours, etc. Thus, I think they would prefer a place like Singapore. My wife and I demand a little bit more adventure.....for example, I would love to visit Vietnam. But does Vietnam have enough of a tourist infrastructure to make them comfortable?
Any suggestions? I've been to Thailand before, so I'd like to avoid going again. All other destinations are in-play....
Best SE Asia Destination for Older Travelers?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Chiang Mai seven days - help please?
- 2 Keng Tung Trek, difficult, moderate, or easy?
- 3 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 4 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 5 Tokyo to Takayama with transit in Matsumoto in one day
- 6 Myanmar: Anyone traveled to Mrauk U ?
- 7 Sri Lanka Itinerary: comments welcome
- 8 Singapòre with a 9 year old
- 9 Feedback on our C&K India itinerary
- 10 Malaysian honeymoon
- 11 Backpacking - Does she remind you of anyone?
- 12 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 13 Indonesia - 1 month itinerary
- 14 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 15 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 16 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 17 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 18 India - 2 Days only
- 19 China with Collette Tours
- 20 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 22 Beach selection in Thailand
- 23 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 24 Burma river cruise
- 25 hotel Paradise Island in Bentota, Sri Lanka toxic hepatitis.