I'm currently planning an Asian trip for myself, my new wife, and her parents. We are going to spend some time in Okinawa (where her mother is from), and her parents have expressed interest in visiting another SE Asian destination while we are in the region.
However, I'm struggling to find a good destination for them...and us. They want a city/country with relatively good tourist infrastructure - they want to stay in "nice" hotels, go on tours, etc. Thus, I think they would prefer a place like Singapore. My wife and I demand a little bit more adventure.....for example, I would love to visit Vietnam. But does Vietnam have enough of a tourist infrastructure to make them comfortable?
Any suggestions? I've been to Thailand before, so I'd like to avoid going again. All other destinations are in-play....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 18.5 Hours in Singapore
- 2 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 3 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 4 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 5 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 6 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 7 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 8 Honeymoon in Bali
- 9 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 10 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 11 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 12 India E Tourist Visa
- 13 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 14 Choosing destination while travelling with infant
- 15 New Travelor
- 16 Beautiful location for painting
- 17 ASK FOR CHOOSING RESORT IN NHA TRANG, VIETNAM
- 18 The Lost Frescos of Rajasthan
- 19 2 Week Honeymoon in Singapore and Indonesia
- 20 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 21 Honeymoon in Thailan
- 22 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 23 Train Travel in Thailand
- 24 base in Osaka or Kyoto question
- 25 Phillipines - Tour Companies