A friend and I intend to fly to Mumbai in January 2016, trek to Delhi, trek to Nepal, fly to Thailand and then arrive in Cambodia in late March.
Baring in mind we're first time travellers, we'd like some advice regarding the trip and we have a few questions to ask:
1)What is the safest, cheapest and most picturesque route between each of the locations?
2)Are options to camp out on these routes plentiful?
3)Is camping in a tent dangerous?
4)How much can we expect to spend on living costs per day in each country?
5)How much can we expect to spend on travel costs per day in each country?
6)How much can we expect to spend on entertainment per day in each country?
7)Would we need any specialist equipment on the route?
8)As first time travellers, is it likely we've failed to consider something important? If so, what?
Thanks in advance for your responses.
Jake and Dom
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 currency conversion
- 2 50th Anniversary trip
- 3 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 4 CNX late arrival?
- 5 Georgia and Armenia trip
- 6 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 7 Help - India take 2
- 8 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 9 The truth about elephant tourism
- 10 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 11 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 12 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 13 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 14 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 15 is this a good travel plan?
- 16 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 17 Phenom Penh
- 18 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 19 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 20 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 21 One day in Saigon
- 22 Bali private driver recommendation
- 23 North India Itinerary advice
- 24 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 25 The Indian money crunch.