A friend and I intend to fly to Mumbai in January 2016, trek to Delhi, trek to Nepal, fly to Thailand and then arrive in Cambodia in late March.
Baring in mind we're first time travellers, we'd like some advice regarding the trip and we have a few questions to ask:
1)What is the safest, cheapest and most picturesque route between each of the locations?
2)Are options to camp out on these routes plentiful?
3)Is camping in a tent dangerous?
4)How much can we expect to spend on living costs per day in each country?
5)How much can we expect to spend on travel costs per day in each country?
6)How much can we expect to spend on entertainment per day in each country?
7)Would we need any specialist equipment on the route?
8)As first time travellers, is it likely we've failed to consider something important? If so, what?
Thanks in advance for your responses.
Jake and Dom
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 2 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 3 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 4 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 5 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 6 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 7 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 8 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 9 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 10 Planning my Philippines trip
- 11 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 12 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 13 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 14 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 15 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 16 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 17 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 18 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 19 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 20 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 21 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 22 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 23 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 24 November, March, June... Japan?
- 25 Itinerary Help Japan