First, thank you all for your help on my trip to India earlier this year. It was so appreciated!
The next question is not for myself, but for two donors to the non-profit where I work who won a trip to Bali from Portland, Oregon. I am making their reservations (for next May) and wondered if anyone could tell me what sounds like the best route?
All include substantial layovers in the Asian airports, so any information about in-airport hotels for a rest is welcome, as well as your opinions of the airlines and the general comfort of the airports.
Option one: Alaska Air/Singapore Air, changing in SF, Tokyo and Singapore (36 hours)
Option two: The same only changing in SF, Hong Kong and Singapore (32 hours)
Oprion three: Delta and Thai Airways, changing in Tokyo and Bangkok (33 hours)
Option four: Korea Airwas, changing in LA and Seol (44 hours)
Many thanks for any feedback! (Almost as fun as going myself.
Best route and airline, West Coast to Bali?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 2 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 3 Living in Singapore Questions
- 4 Thailand - Koh Samui vs Koh Tao
- 5 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 6 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 7 April in Bangkok, again!
- 8 Japan night bus
- 9 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 10 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 11 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 12 Problems at 12,000'
- 13 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 14 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 15 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 16 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 17 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 18 Which Putu in Bali????
- 19 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 20 Japan, japan
- 21 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 22 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 23 Hong Kong restaurants
- 24 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 25 India for 2 weeks in December/January