First, thank you all for your help on my trip to India earlier this year. It was so appreciated!
The next question is not for myself, but for two donors to the non-profit where I work who won a trip to Bali from Portland, Oregon. I am making their reservations (for next May) and wondered if anyone could tell me what sounds like the best route?
All include substantial layovers in the Asian airports, so any information about in-airport hotels for a rest is welcome, as well as your opinions of the airlines and the general comfort of the airports.
Option one: Alaska Air/Singapore Air, changing in SF, Tokyo and Singapore (36 hours)
Option two: The same only changing in SF, Hong Kong and Singapore (32 hours)
Oprion three: Delta and Thai Airways, changing in Tokyo and Bangkok (33 hours)
Option four: Korea Airwas, changing in LA and Seol (44 hours)
Many thanks for any feedback! (Almost as fun as going myself.
Best route and airline, West Coast to Bali?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India - Himalaya - Dooars - naturebeyond and east himalaya travel agents
- 2 border crossing over land Bangkok to Myanmar (Phunaron)
- 3 Nepal
- 4 Which Beach in Koh Samui
- 5 Orphanages in Sri Lanka
- 6 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 7 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 8 Trip Report - Yunnan Province, China and Mongolia
- 9 China in 12 Days
- 10 Japan Itinerary & Logistics - help, feeling frantic!
- 11 language problem in japan
- 12 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 13 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 14 two free days in Beijing
- 15 hotels in Singapore-1st time there
- 16 April in Bangkok, again!
- 17 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 18 Japan - spending money?
- 19 Teaching English in Asia or Europe
- 20 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 21 Travel agencies in India e.g. Legends and Palaces, Castle and King
- 22 1st Trip to Bali
- 23 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 24 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 25 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit