We'll be traveling in Japan 9/22-10/14. Looking at visiting Hiroshima, Kyoto, Naoshima, probably Osaka, Miyajima and Nara, plus a little time in Tokyo. We'll find places to hike where we can, but would also like to stay in an Alps town. Looking at Kiso Valley or Kamikochi. Would like to hear suggestions for a 2-3 night stay with hiking that isn't too hard to get to by bus/train.
Best Mountain town to visit
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 2 Writers Needed for Japan
- 3 Beijing Yashou Market Closure
- 4 Favorite guide books for Japan and other advice for planning?
- 5 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 6 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 7 17 Day Itinerary
- 8 11 hour NRT Tokyo Layover…Asakusa or Narita Town?
- 9 Bali Help
- 10 Help Needed for Ambitious 22 day trip Bali and SE ASIA for Mom and Son
- 11 Chiang Mai to the Beach
- 12 Is 7 days too long in Hong Kong
- 13 6 days in HK with husband and 6 yr old son-would love recs
- 14 Help with Burma Itinerary
- 15 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 16 Hong Kong....How hideous is the flight????
- 17 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 18 National Parks - which to choose
- 19 Smoke-Free Restaurants in Kanazawa
- 20 27 days in Indonesia - itinerary help!
- 21 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 22 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 23 Bringing medication to Thailand
- 24 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 25 Sri Lanka Cultural Triangle - B&B or half board? - Advice please