We'll be traveling in Japan 9/22-10/14. Looking at visiting Hiroshima, Kyoto, Naoshima, probably Osaka, Miyajima and Nara, plus a little time in Tokyo. We'll find places to hike where we can, but would also like to stay in an Alps town. Looking at Kiso Valley or Kamikochi. Would like to hear suggestions for a 2-3 night stay with hiking that isn't too hard to get to by bus/train.
Best Mountain town to visit
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 WARNING on Air Mandalay
- 2 Passport question
- 3 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 4 Places to visit in India in October
- 5 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - recent experience
- 6 sharing a timelapse travel video Taipei 2014
- 7 visiting Sapa and local markets
- 8 Tour company practices
- 9 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 10 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 11 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 12 Kathie's Machu Picchu trip report is now available
- 13 Ubud - Home Rental Locations?
- 14 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 15 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 16 KTM via nonstop United Business toChengdu vs Asiana Chengdu via Seoul
- 17 Help! Which to choose?
- 18 North Vietnam Again!
- 19 Castle & King
- 20 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 21 Unforgettable visit to Leh-Ladakh, India
- 22 India: Visa on arrival for USA psprt
- 23 One week in Thailand
- 24 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 25 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s