We're the editors of the upcoming Tokyo and Japan guides. We've noticed that lots of people are asking about budget-friendly ways to travel around Japan on these forums, and we'd like to capitalize on the superb advice and provide similar guidance in our guides. The title of the section would be, "Budget Tips for Traveling in Japan." Some of you might have seen the posts about tips to beat the Euro for our European guides, and basically we're looking for the same in Japan. So, is it cheaper to rent an apartment instead of shelling out for a hotel? What do you think about splurging at recommended restaurants for lunch instead of dinner? Any advice on cheap ways to travel to far flung destinations like the outer islands of Okinawa? Is a Japan Rail Pass really a cheap way to travel? Are street stalls a great option for a quick, tasty, and cheap meal? Are set meals really a bargain? How about sight-seeing? Are there better times to go for better admission prices? Is the GRUTT Pass really a good deal in Tokyo?
As with the Beating the Euro tips, if your tip is used in the Japan or Tokyo guide you are eligible for a complimentary guide of choice (Fodor's of course).
We look forward to hearing from you.
Happy Traveling and thanks in advance!!!
Alexis and Stephanie
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 토토 사이트 【 'kakao: dnj2016●텔레그램 : speed2017' 】
- 2 토토 총판 방법 【 'kakao: dnj2016●텔레그램 : speed2017' 】《SSP221.com 코드: sky88》
- 3 토토총판 모집 【 'kakao: dnj2016●텔레그램 : speed2017' 】
- 4 Impressions of India
- 5 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 6 Treks Himalaya
- 7 Tokyo hotel help
- 8 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 9 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 10 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary
- 11 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 12 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 13 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 14 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 15 How much Yen?
- 16 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 17 South Korea for Chuseok
- 18 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 19 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 20 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 21 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 22 Bali - What to do?
- 23 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 24 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 25 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4