We're the editors of the upcoming Tokyo and Japan guides. We've noticed that lots of people are asking about budget-friendly ways to travel around Japan on these forums, and we'd like to capitalize on the superb advice and provide similar guidance in our guides. The title of the section would be, "Budget Tips for Traveling in Japan." Some of you might have seen the posts about tips to beat the Euro for our European guides, and basically we're looking for the same in Japan. So, is it cheaper to rent an apartment instead of shelling out for a hotel? What do you think about splurging at recommended restaurants for lunch instead of dinner? Any advice on cheap ways to travel to far flung destinations like the outer islands of Okinawa? Is a Japan Rail Pass really a cheap way to travel? Are street stalls a great option for a quick, tasty, and cheap meal? Are set meals really a bargain? How about sight-seeing? Are there better times to go for better admission prices? Is the GRUTT Pass really a good deal in Tokyo?
As with the Beating the Euro tips, if your tip is used in the Japan or Tokyo guide you are eligible for a complimentary guide of choice (Fodor's of course).
We look forward to hearing from you.
Happy Traveling and thanks in advance!!!
Alexis and Stephanie
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.try-nitricstorm.com/le-jeune-cream/
- 2 Short Trip to Japan & South East Asia
- 3 A great trip in India
- 4 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 5 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 6 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 7 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 8 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 9 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 10 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 11 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 12 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 13 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 14 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 15 Sulawesi
- 16 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?
- 17 Direct flight from JFK/Newark to Tokyo
- 18 Day Trip in Bohol - Travel Report
- 19 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 20 Pearls in Beijing and MORE!
- 21 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 22 Bali in March for 5 nights?
- 23 Varanasi : Advice needed on how best to see the evening Aarti
- 24 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 25 Armenia: A Wild Thyme