We're the editors of the upcoming Tokyo and Japan guides. We've noticed that lots of people are asking about budget-friendly ways to travel around Japan on these forums, and we'd like to capitalize on the superb advice and provide similar guidance in our guides. The title of the section would be, "Budget Tips for Traveling in Japan." Some of you might have seen the posts about tips to beat the Euro for our European guides, and basically we're looking for the same in Japan. So, is it cheaper to rent an apartment instead of shelling out for a hotel? What do you think about splurging at recommended restaurants for lunch instead of dinner? Any advice on cheap ways to travel to far flung destinations like the outer islands of Okinawa? Is a Japan Rail Pass really a cheap way to travel? Are street stalls a great option for a quick, tasty, and cheap meal? Are set meals really a bargain? How about sight-seeing? Are there better times to go for better admission prices? Is the GRUTT Pass really a good deal in Tokyo?
As with the Beating the Euro tips, if your tip is used in the Japan or Tokyo guide you are eligible for a complimentary guide of choice (Fodor's of course).
We look forward to hearing from you.
Happy Traveling and thanks in advance!!!
Alexis and Stephanie
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotel Chang Mai
- 2 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 3 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 4 India help needed
- 5 Beach hotel Thailand
- 6 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 7 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 8 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 9 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 10 Sim cards and adaptors
- 11 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 12 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 13 Sri Lanka Visa
- 14 Hoi Ann hotel
- 15 Hotel in Hanoi
- 16 Place to stay Hue
- 17 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 18 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 19 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 20 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 21 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 22 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 23 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 24 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 25 Help with SEAsia itinerary