We're the editors of the upcoming Tokyo and Japan guides. We've noticed that lots of people are asking about budget-friendly ways to travel around Japan on these forums, and we'd like to capitalize on the superb advice and provide similar guidance in our guides. The title of the section would be, "Budget Tips for Traveling in Japan." Some of you might have seen the posts about tips to beat the Euro for our European guides, and basically we're looking for the same in Japan. So, is it cheaper to rent an apartment instead of shelling out for a hotel? What do you think about splurging at recommended restaurants for lunch instead of dinner? Any advice on cheap ways to travel to far flung destinations like the outer islands of Okinawa? Is a Japan Rail Pass really a cheap way to travel? Are street stalls a great option for a quick, tasty, and cheap meal? Are set meals really a bargain? How about sight-seeing? Are there better times to go for better admission prices? Is the GRUTT Pass really a good deal in Tokyo?
As with the Beating the Euro tips, if your tip is used in the Japan or Tokyo guide you are eligible for a complimentary guide of choice (Fodor's of course).
We look forward to hearing from you.
Happy Traveling and thanks in advance!!!
Alexis and Stephanie
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 2 Japn tour 10 nights
- 3 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 4 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 5 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 6 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 7 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 8 My visit to Vietnam
- 9 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 10 Nepal
- 11 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 12 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 13 My visit to Thailand
- 14 What is the Facilities & Services of Maharajas Express Train?
- 15 Gutted!
- 16 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 17 5 weeks in Japan
- 18 My visit to Lao
- 19 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 20 Family Trip to Japan
- 21 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 22 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 23 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 24 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 25 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016