We're the editors of the upcoming Tokyo and Japan guides. We've noticed that lots of people are asking about budget-friendly ways to travel around Japan on these forums, and we'd like to capitalize on the superb advice and provide similar guidance in our guides. The title of the section would be, "Budget Tips for Traveling in Japan." Some of you might have seen the posts about tips to beat the Euro for our European guides, and basically we're looking for the same in Japan. So, is it cheaper to rent an apartment instead of shelling out for a hotel? What do you think about splurging at recommended restaurants for lunch instead of dinner? Any advice on cheap ways to travel to far flung destinations like the outer islands of Okinawa? Is a Japan Rail Pass really a cheap way to travel? Are street stalls a great option for a quick, tasty, and cheap meal? Are set meals really a bargain? How about sight-seeing? Are there better times to go for better admission prices? Is the GRUTT Pass really a good deal in Tokyo?
As with the Beating the Euro tips, if your tip is used in the Japan or Tokyo guide you are eligible for a complimentary guide of choice (Fodor's of course).
We look forward to hearing from you.
Happy Traveling and thanks in advance!!!
Alexis and Stephanie
Best Budget Tips for Traveling in Japan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 2 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 3 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 4 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 5 Help re. Visa.
- 6 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 7 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 8 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 9 Need a guide in Burma?
- 10 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 11 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 12 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 13 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 14 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 15 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 16 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 17 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?
- 18 One Week in Beijing, what would you do?
- 19 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights
- 20 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 21 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 22 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 23 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 24 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 25 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?