We're the editors of the upcoming Tokyo and Japan guides. We've noticed that lots of people are asking about budget-friendly ways to travel around Japan on these forums, and we'd like to capitalize on the superb advice and provide similar guidance in our guides. The title of the section would be, "Budget Tips for Traveling in Japan." Some of you might have seen the posts about tips to beat the Euro for our European guides, and basically we're looking for the same in Japan. So, is it cheaper to rent an apartment instead of shelling out for a hotel? What do you think about splurging at recommended restaurants for lunch instead of dinner? Any advice on cheap ways to travel to far flung destinations like the outer islands of Okinawa? Is a Japan Rail Pass really a cheap way to travel? Are street stalls a great option for a quick, tasty, and cheap meal? Are set meals really a bargain? How about sight-seeing? Are there better times to go for better admission prices? Is the GRUTT Pass really a good deal in Tokyo?
As with the Beating the Euro tips, if your tip is used in the Japan or Tokyo guide you are eligible for a complimentary guide of choice (Fodor's of course).
We look forward to hearing from you.
Happy Traveling and thanks in advance!!!
Alexis and Stephanie
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Assist: Norton Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 18OO:385 :4895 NORTON 24*7
- 2 Idiotic time zone question
- 3 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 4 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 5 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 6 Sometahing is wrong
- 7 Twin rooms in Japan
- 8 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 9 sri lanka- tips required
- 10 base bangkok or manilla
- 11 Christmas in the Alps
- 12 Change my Itinerary?
- 13 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 14 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 15 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 16 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 17 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 18 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 19 Impressions of India
- 20 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 21 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 22 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 23 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 24 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 25 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan