I am planning to take my father to China for his 75th birthday, as this is one of the places he would like to visit before he leaves this earth. I am considering booking a 4 or 5 star hotel for us in Bejing and in Shanghai and going on day tours based on our interests: Great wall, Forbidden city, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions about hotels or local tour companies (Gray Lines or the equivalent)? I am also weighing this a la carte option against going on a guided tour. Any insights or suggestions are welcome.
Bejing and Shanghai with my father
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Car Accessories in Ahmedabad, Sell New cars in Ahmedabad
- 2 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 3 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 4 Kathie’s & Cheryl’s Impressions of Japan
- 5 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 6 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 7 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 8 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 9 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 10 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 11 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 12 First time to srilanka
- 13 where can i find replica handbags
- 14 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 15 1week in Hyderabad in mid-April need itinerary help
- 16 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 17 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 18 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 19 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 20 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 21 Nepal
- 22 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 23 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 24 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 25 4-5 days in SE Asia