I am planning to take my father to China for his 75th birthday, as this is one of the places he would like to visit before he leaves this earth. I am considering booking a 4 or 5 star hotel for us in Bejing and in Shanghai and going on day tours based on our interests: Great wall, Forbidden city, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions about hotels or local tour companies (Gray Lines or the equivalent)? I am also weighing this a la carte option against going on a guided tour. Any insights or suggestions are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Te Best Luxury Ryokans in Japan
- 2 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 3 Where to start my Japan trip?
- 4 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 5 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 6 18.5 Hours in Singapore
- 7 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 8 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 9 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 10 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 11 Honeymoon in Bali
- 12 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 13 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 14 India E Tourist Visa
- 15 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 16 Choosing destination while travelling with infant
- 17 New Travelor
- 18 Beautiful location for painting
- 19 ASK FOR CHOOSING RESORT IN NHA TRANG, VIETNAM
- 20 The Lost Frescos of Rajasthan
- 21 2 Week Honeymoon in Singapore and Indonesia
- 22 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 23 Honeymoon in Thailan
- 24 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 25 Train Travel in Thailand