I am planning to take my father to China for his 75th birthday, as this is one of the places he would like to visit before he leaves this earth. I am considering booking a 4 or 5 star hotel for us in Bejing and in Shanghai and going on day tours based on our interests: Great wall, Forbidden city, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions about hotels or local tour companies (Gray Lines or the equivalent)? I am also weighing this a la carte option against going on a guided tour. Any insights or suggestions are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Buy passports id cards driving license whatsapp+447404579759
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 A beach of choice on Samui
- 4 First time trip to Japan questions
- 5 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 6 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 7 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 8 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 9 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 10 Travel India solo
- 11 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 12 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 13 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 14 North India Itinerary advice
- 15 Indonesia travel agent
- 16 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 17 Osaka, aquarium?
- 18 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 19 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 20 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 21 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 22 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 23 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 24 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 25 Bangkok Taxis