I am planning to take my father to China for his 75th birthday, as this is one of the places he would like to visit before he leaves this earth. I am considering booking a 4 or 5 star hotel for us in Bejing and in Shanghai and going on day tours based on our interests: Great wall, Forbidden city, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions about hotels or local tour companies (Gray Lines or the equivalent)? I am also weighing this a la carte option against going on a guided tour. Any insights or suggestions are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 What beach to choose?!?!
- 2 Private guides & drivers in China
- 3 Dogster: The Great Stumble Forward - India
- 4 Sri Lanka itinerary questions and beach resort whale watching
- 5 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 6 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?
- 7 Transit between International flight and domestic at Narita airport
- 8 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 9 Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia in June
- 10 Traffic in Hanoi
- 11 Business class on JAL
- 12 Beaches a few hours from Bangkok
- 13 Japan Travel - Alone?
- 14 3 day in Hanoi, what’s worth to do?
- 15 traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help
- 16 Mumbai and tiger trek
- 17 Need some planning information for Sri lanka trip
- 18 4 hour Hong Kong layover
- 19 India group or private tour?
- 20 Myanmar Photo Trip. Lot's O' Photos!
- 21 GTG Boston-Cambridge (US) July 12
- 22 HA lounge at HND
- 23 Hakone Free Pass
- 24 Kathmandu and EBC trek in earthquake aftermath
- 25 Sri Lanka: Itinerary set - need fine tuning help!