I feel embarrassed even asking this question, so please be kind. We are headed to China in December. We really love Chinese food, which I believe here in the US is very different than in China.
I would like to bring along a list of some budget Chinese restaurants. When I checked the guide here on Fodors it is broken down into subcategories: Mandarin, Cantonese, Sichuan etc. I'm sorry for being ignorant but I really do not know the difference. I really have to stay away from spicy. Is that Sichuan?
We love lo mein, orange chicken, eggrolls, bbq pork, stirfry etc. Does anyone know what category I should be looking for?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 2 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 3 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 4 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 5 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 6 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 7 Tea estates of Munnar
- 8 Booking on the fly
- 9 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 10 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 11 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
- 12 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 13 like my food
- 14 Laos or Kerala?
- 15 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 16 Portable wifi rental
- 17 21 Day Itinerary to Myanmar - Looking for Suggestions
- 18 Myanmar Itinerary -would like some help!
- 19 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 20 Duty-Free on Arrival at Hanoi Noi Bai Airport
- 21 Gluten Free in Armenia?
- 22 Uzbekistan Visa
- 23 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 24 Neighborhoods in Singapore, Bangkok, Cambodia
- 25 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice