I feel embarrassed even asking this question, so please be kind. We are headed to China in December. We really love Chinese food, which I believe here in the US is very different than in China.
I would like to bring along a list of some budget Chinese restaurants. When I checked the guide here on Fodors it is broken down into subcategories: Mandarin, Cantonese, Sichuan etc. I'm sorry for being ignorant but I really do not know the difference. I really have to stay away from spicy. Is that Sichuan?
We love lo mein, orange chicken, eggrolls, bbq pork, stirfry etc. Does anyone know what category I should be looking for?
Thanks for your help.
Beijing & Shanghai restaurants, which Chinese food?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India - Himalaya - Dooars - naturebeyond and east himalaya travel agents
- 2 border crossing over land Bangkok to Myanmar (Phunaron)
- 3 Nepal
- 4 Which Beach in Koh Samui
- 5 Orphanages in Sri Lanka
- 6 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 7 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 8 Trip Report - Yunnan Province, China and Mongolia
- 9 China in 12 Days
- 10 Japan Itinerary & Logistics - help, feeling frantic!
- 11 language problem in japan
- 12 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 13 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 14 two free days in Beijing
- 15 hotels in Singapore-1st time there
- 16 April in Bangkok, again!
- 17 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 18 Japan - spending money?
- 19 Teaching English in Asia or Europe
- 20 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 21 Travel agencies in India e.g. Legends and Palaces, Castle and King
- 22 1st Trip to Bali
- 23 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 24 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 25 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit