I feel embarrassed even asking this question, so please be kind. We are headed to China in December. We really love Chinese food, which I believe here in the US is very different than in China.
I would like to bring along a list of some budget Chinese restaurants. When I checked the guide here on Fodors it is broken down into subcategories: Mandarin, Cantonese, Sichuan etc. I'm sorry for being ignorant but I really do not know the difference. I really have to stay away from spicy. Is that Sichuan?
We love lo mein, orange chicken, eggrolls, bbq pork, stirfry etc. Does anyone know what category I should be looking for?
Thanks for your help.
Beijing & Shanghai restaurants, which Chinese food?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 2 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 3 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 4 Great Tour to Rajasthan / North India with private driver
- 5 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 6 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 7 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 8 Japan Itinerary for May
- 9 Thai island escape
- 10 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 11 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 12 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 13 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 14 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 15 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 16 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 17 South Korea 5 days
- 18 Japan -OAT tour
- 19 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 20 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 21 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 22 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 23 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 24 General question
- 25 Train Travel During Golden Week