I feel embarrassed even asking this question, so please be kind. We are headed to China in December. We really love Chinese food, which I believe here in the US is very different than in China.
I would like to bring along a list of some budget Chinese restaurants. When I checked the guide here on Fodors it is broken down into subcategories: Mandarin, Cantonese, Sichuan etc. I'm sorry for being ignorant but I really do not know the difference. I really have to stay away from spicy. Is that Sichuan?
We love lo mein, orange chicken, eggrolls, bbq pork, stirfry etc. Does anyone know what category I should be looking for?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 50th Anniversary trip
- 2 currency conversion
- 3 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 4 CNX late arrival?
- 5 Georgia and Armenia trip
- 6 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 7 Help - India take 2
- 8 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 9 The truth about elephant tourism
- 10 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 11 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 12 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 13 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 14 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 15 is this a good travel plan?
- 16 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 17 Phenom Penh
- 18 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 19 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 20 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 21 One day in Saigon
- 22 Bali private driver recommendation
- 23 North India Itinerary advice
- 24 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 25 The Indian money crunch.