I feel embarrassed even asking this question, so please be kind. We are headed to China in December. We really love Chinese food, which I believe here in the US is very different than in China.
I would like to bring along a list of some budget Chinese restaurants. When I checked the guide here on Fodors it is broken down into subcategories: Mandarin, Cantonese, Sichuan etc. I'm sorry for being ignorant but I really do not know the difference. I really have to stay away from spicy. Is that Sichuan?
We love lo mein, orange chicken, eggrolls, bbq pork, stirfry etc. Does anyone know what category I should be looking for?
Thanks for your help.
Beijing & Shanghai restaurants, which Chinese food?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 April in Bangkok, again!
- 2 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 3 3 1/2 week trip to Japan advise please!
- 4 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 5 Japan night bus
- 6 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 7 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 8 Living in Singapore Questions
- 9 Thailand - Koh Samui vs Koh Tao
- 10 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 11 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 12 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 13 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 14 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 15 Problems at 12,000'
- 16 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 17 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 18 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 19 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 20 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 21 Which Putu in Bali????
- 22 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 23 Japan, japan
- 24 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 25 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions