I arrive in Beijing-Terminal 3 around 2:45 pm on a Friday, and my international flight is at 1:30 AM (roughly 10 hour layover).
I would love to be able to visit the Mutianyu in this time, but I have a few concerns:
1) Given that I am arriving at PEK at 3PM and need to go through immigration, is it feasible to visit Mutianyu before visiting hours close?
2) Can anyone suggest a driver/reputable tour company that will pick me up and drop me off at T3?
3) With a 72 hour free visa, will I still need to clear customs and re-check my bags, or will my luggage go straight to my final destination? I am asking because I don't want to take a tour while having to manage my luggage or worry about re-checking.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 2 A beach of choice on Samui
- 3 First time trip to Japan questions
- 4 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 5 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 6 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 7 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 8 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 9 Travel India solo
- 10 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 11 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 12 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 13 North India Itinerary advice
- 14 Indonesia travel agent
- 15 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 16 Osaka, aquarium?
- 17 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 18 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 19 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 20 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 21 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 22 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 23 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 24 Bangkok Taxis
- 25 3 weeks - first time SEA