I arrive in Beijing-Terminal 3 around 2:45 pm on a Friday, and my international flight is at 1:30 AM (roughly 10 hour layover).
I would love to be able to visit the Mutianyu in this time, but I have a few concerns:
1) Given that I am arriving at PEK at 3PM and need to go through immigration, is it feasible to visit Mutianyu before visiting hours close?
2) Can anyone suggest a driver/reputable tour company that will pick me up and drop me off at T3?
3) With a 72 hour free visa, will I still need to clear customs and re-check my bags, or will my luggage go straight to my final destination? I am asking because I don't want to take a tour while having to manage my luggage or worry about re-checking.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Why You Should Opt For Semi Permanent Make Up?
- 2 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 3 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 4 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 5 5 weeks in Japan
- 6 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 7 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 9 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 10 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 11 Lodge in Borneo
- 12 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 13 China and Japan help
- 14 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 15 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 16 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 17 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 18 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 19 Requesting Passport Number
- 20 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 21 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 22 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 23 Phu Quoc
- 24 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 25 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours