I arrive in Beijing-Terminal 3 around 2:45 pm on a Friday, and my international flight is at 1:30 AM (roughly 10 hour layover).
I would love to be able to visit the Mutianyu in this time, but I have a few concerns:
1) Given that I am arriving at PEK at 3PM and need to go through immigration, is it feasible to visit Mutianyu before visiting hours close?
2) Can anyone suggest a driver/reputable tour company that will pick me up and drop me off at T3?
3) With a 72 hour free visa, will I still need to clear customs and re-check my bags, or will my luggage go straight to my final destination? I am asking because I don't want to take a tour while having to manage my luggage or worry about re-checking.
Beijing Mutianyu Layover Tour- Doable? Reputable Drivers?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 2 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 3 Japan night bus
- 4 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 5 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 6 Living in Singapore Questions
- 7 Thailand - Koh Samui vs Koh Tao
- 8 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 9 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 10 April in Bangkok, again!
- 11 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 12 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 13 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 14 Problems at 12,000'
- 15 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 16 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 17 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 18 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 19 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 20 Which Putu in Bali????
- 21 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 22 Japan, japan
- 23 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 24 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 25 Hong Kong restaurants