I will be travelling to China later this year for a two week business-related trip, spending 1 week in Beijing and 1 week in Shanghai. This will be my first time in China. I will be busy during most weekdays, but I will have the evenings and some weekend days free. I will have about 2 full free days in each city, and evenings free. Because my personal time will be limited, I want to make the most of it while I am there. Could you please suggest things that I could see and do, and things that I shouldn’t miss while I am there? I know that we will have a scheduled visit to the great wall. I would also consider a day trip to one of the surrounding areas by train if I have time.
Could you also suggest foods to try while I am there? I have been told that Americanized “Chinese food” is very different from traditional Chinese food. I would like to try some good traditional cuisine while I am there. I also love very spicy food, so could you suggest some spicy hot dishes as well?
Thank you in advance for your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Inline Product Inspection
- 2 hiking japan sept
- 3 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 4 Best Of Nepal Tour
- 5 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 6 Japan rough itinerary
- 7 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 8 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 9 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 10 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 11 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 12 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 13 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 14 shanghai for 4 days
- 15 Budget Servied Apt
- 16 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 17 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 19 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 20 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 21 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 22 Something about... Malaysia
- 23 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 24 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids
- 25 Layover in Seoul with a dog?
Beijing and Shanghai for 2 Weeks - What Should I See and Do?