I will be travelling to China later this year for a two week business-related trip, spending 1 week in Beijing and 1 week in Shanghai. This will be my first time in China. I will be busy during most weekdays, but I will have the evenings and some weekend days free. I will have about 2 full free days in each city, and evenings free. Because my personal time will be limited, I want to make the most of it while I am there. Could you please suggest things that I could see and do, and things that I shouldn’t miss while I am there? I know that we will have a scheduled visit to the great wall. I would also consider a day trip to one of the surrounding areas by train if I have time.
Could you also suggest foods to try while I am there? I have been told that Americanized “Chinese food” is very different from traditional Chinese food. I would like to try some good traditional cuisine while I am there. I also love very spicy food, so could you suggest some spicy hot dishes as well?
Thank you in advance for your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo hotel help
- 2 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 3 Vietnam visa
- 4 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 5 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 6 Family Friendly Penang
- 7 Train trip costs help please
- 8 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 9 Weather forecast
- 10 Bali - What to do?
- 11 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 12 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 13 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 14 Sri Lanka advice
- 15 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 16 Ryokan in Japan
- 17 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 18 Effects of Labour Day & Buddha's Birthday on HK touring?
- 19 Sri Lanka for 13 nights -need advice
- 20 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 21 Itinerary & airport help
- 22 Dinner spots for solo traveller
- 23 [Travel to ThaiLand]
- 24 Snapshots From Kerala
- 25 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
Beijing and Shanghai for 2 Weeks - What Should I See and Do?