I will be travelling to China later this year for a two week business-related trip, spending 1 week in Beijing and 1 week in Shanghai. This will be my first time in China. I will be busy during most weekdays, but I will have the evenings and some weekend days free. I will have about 2 full free days in each city, and evenings free. Because my personal time will be limited, I want to make the most of it while I am there. Could you please suggest things that I could see and do, and things that I shouldn’t miss while I am there? I know that we will have a scheduled visit to the great wall. I would also consider a day trip to one of the surrounding areas by train if I have time.
Could you also suggest foods to try while I am there? I have been told that Americanized “Chinese food” is very different from traditional Chinese food. I would like to try some good traditional cuisine while I am there. I also love very spicy food, so could you suggest some spicy hot dishes as well?
Thank you in advance for your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.healthcarebooster.com/image-revive/
- 2 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 3 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 4 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 5 procedures can guarantee
- 6 especially as the floor
- 7 Body Building - 10 Tips At A Better Body
- 8 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 9 How Generate Muscle Or Should I Be Strength Training?
- 10 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 11 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 12 Passport
- 13 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 14 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 15 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 16 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 17 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 18 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 19 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 20 Amakusa island help
- 21 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 22 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 23 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 24 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 25 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
Beijing and Shanghai for 2 Weeks - What Should I See and Do?