my friend and i have a 14 hour layover in beijing (5:30 am to 7:45 pm) in about 2 weeks. we want to see both the great wall (we have heard mutianyu is the best spot) and the forbidden city. a private driver has offered to pick us up from the airport and drive us to both locations, tour us around the forbidden city, and bring us back to the airport all for 1300 RMB (about 200 US dollars). i have been reading a little about public transport and am trying to figure out if this makes sense. our options are
1. 1300 for the private car as above
2. hire a cab for to pick us up from the airport and drive us to the great wall, keep the meter running while we hike, then drive us to the forbidden city. then we can just get another cab when we are ready to head back to the airport.
3. use public transport (subways and buses) for everything.
anybody know how much these other 2 options would cost? would the second 2 options be a much bigger head ache? any advice would be VERY much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 YAHOO Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Safety concerns for solo female traveler in SE Asia and itinerary feedback
- 3 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 4 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 5 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 6 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 7 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 8 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 9 Something about... Malaysia
- 10 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 11 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 12 Budget Servied Apt
- 13 Terracotta Warriors
- 14 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 15 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 16 hiking japan sept
- 17 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 18 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 19 The best way to My Son
- 20 Japan Itinerary!
- 21 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 22 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 23 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 24 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 25 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour