my friend and i have a 14 hour layover in beijing (5:30 am to 7:45 pm) in about 2 weeks. we want to see both the great wall (we have heard mutianyu is the best spot) and the forbidden city. a private driver has offered to pick us up from the airport and drive us to both locations, tour us around the forbidden city, and bring us back to the airport all for 1300 RMB (about 200 US dollars). i have been reading a little about public transport and am trying to figure out if this makes sense. our options are
1. 1300 for the private car as above
2. hire a cab for to pick us up from the airport and drive us to the great wall, keep the meter running while we hike, then drive us to the forbidden city. then we can just get another cab when we are ready to head back to the airport.
3. use public transport (subways and buses) for everything.
anybody know how much these other 2 options would cost? would the second 2 options be a much bigger head ache? any advice would be VERY much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 bus 97 . com /***/ 바카라게임사이트 /***/ 카지노게임 /***/
- 2 Japan GTG, early April
- 3 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 4 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 5 Beijing tours
- 6 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 9 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 10 Takayama trail, Japan
- 11 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 12 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 13 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 14 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 15 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 16 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 17 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 18 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 19 Visa for India
- 20 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 21 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 22 Hútòng Walking
- 23 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos
- 24 Singapore SAEX bus service question
- 25 21 Hours in Hong Kong