my friend and i have a 14 hour layover in beijing (5:30 am to 7:45 pm) in about 2 weeks. we want to see both the great wall (we have heard mutianyu is the best spot) and the forbidden city. a private driver has offered to pick us up from the airport and drive us to both locations, tour us around the forbidden city, and bring us back to the airport all for 1300 RMB (about 200 US dollars). i have been reading a little about public transport and am trying to figure out if this makes sense. our options are
1. 1300 for the private car as above
2. hire a cab for to pick us up from the airport and drive us to the great wall, keep the meter running while we hike, then drive us to the forbidden city. then we can just get another cab when we are ready to head back to the airport.
3. use public transport (subways and buses) for everything.
anybody know how much these other 2 options would cost? would the second 2 options be a much bigger head ache? any advice would be VERY much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 2 50th Anniversary trip
- 3 CNX late arrival?
- 4 Georgia and Armenia trip
- 5 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 6 currency conversion
- 7 Help - India take 2
- 8 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 9 The truth about elephant tourism
- 10 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 11 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 12 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 13 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 14 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 15 is this a good travel plan?
- 16 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 17 Phenom Penh
- 18 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 19 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 20 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 21 One day in Saigon
- 22 Bali private driver recommendation
- 23 North India Itinerary advice
- 24 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 25 The Indian money crunch.