my friend and i have a 14 hour layover in beijing (5:30 am to 7:45 pm) in about 2 weeks. we want to see both the great wall (we have heard mutianyu is the best spot) and the forbidden city. a private driver has offered to pick us up from the airport and drive us to both locations, tour us around the forbidden city, and bring us back to the airport all for 1300 RMB (about 200 US dollars). i have been reading a little about public transport and am trying to figure out if this makes sense. our options are
1. 1300 for the private car as above
2. hire a cab for to pick us up from the airport and drive us to the great wall, keep the meter running while we hike, then drive us to the forbidden city. then we can just get another cab when we are ready to head back to the airport.
3. use public transport (subways and buses) for everything.
anybody know how much these other 2 options would cost? would the second 2 options be a much bigger head ache? any advice would be VERY much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 What island to visit while visiting HongKong
- 2 Georgia (country) Trip Report
- 3 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 4 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 5 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 6 Advice on hotels in Shinjuku
- 7 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 8 New Years in Japan
- 9 A Victory Day Tour
- 10 Traffic and Police in India
- 11 India visa for new passport
- 12 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 13 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 14 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 15 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 16 Serendipity Srilanka
- 17 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 18 New Thai Visa
- 19 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 20 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 21 Sri Lanka in December
- 22 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 23 january 31 in colombo
- 24 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 25 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang