I'm trying to set my itinerary and need to decide if I should start my trip with a couple days in Tokyo or end the trip in Tokyo. My flight would arrive around 430p in NRT. I'm not especially interested in Tokyo itself, really. I would probably do day trips to Nikko and Kamakura. I'm planning on Kyoto, Hiroshima, Miyajima and Mount Koya.
I know that one concern could be jet lag. I haven't experience it before but this would also be my longest flight. Any other reason to not just take the train to Kyoto upon arrival?
Thanks in advance!
Begnning or Ending Trip in Tokyo?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kathie's 2007 Adventures in Sri lanka
- 2 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 3 Colombo
- 4 GSM Unlocked Phone in Bangkok - Nexus 6?
- 5 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 6 Cu Chi tunnels claustrophobia
- 7 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 8 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 9 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 10 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 11 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 12 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 13 6 Hour Layover in Ho Chi Minh
- 14 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 15 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 16 Nepal- recipe?
- 17 China trip - 15 nights
- 18 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 19 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 20 best dining in Kyoto
- 21 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 22 Traveling India in 8 Months
- 23 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 24 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 25 Mostly Myanmar and a bit of Thailand