I'm trying to set my itinerary and need to decide if I should start my trip with a couple days in Tokyo or end the trip in Tokyo. My flight would arrive around 430p in NRT. I'm not especially interested in Tokyo itself, really. I would probably do day trips to Nikko and Kamakura. I'm planning on Kyoto, Hiroshima, Miyajima and Mount Koya.
I know that one concern could be jet lag. I haven't experience it before but this would also be my longest flight. Any other reason to not just take the train to Kyoto upon arrival?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 2 traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help
- 3 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 4 Places to see in Kuala Lumpur
- 5 First trip to Japan
- 6 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 7 Singapore or Bali
- 8 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 9 Hotel in Tokyo
- 10 Borobudur and Yogyakarta - How long?
- 11 Kuala Lumpur & Penang
- 12 Business class on JAL
- 13 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 14 Mumbai and tiger trek
- 15 First Time in Thailand Trip Report - Bangkok & Surin Beach, Phuket
- 16 Trekking in Tsum Valley Nepal with Great Vision Treks&Expedition
- 17 Need some planning information for Sri lanka trip
- 18 Sri Lanka itinerary questions and beach resort whale watching
- 19 Kunming, Yunnan, China
- 20 What beach to choose?!?!
- 21 Good Honeymoon Location in August 2015 on a budget
- 22 Private guides & drivers in China
- 23 Dogster: The Great Stumble Forward - India
- 24 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 25 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?