I'm trying to set my itinerary and need to decide if I should start my trip with a couple days in Tokyo or end the trip in Tokyo. My flight would arrive around 430p in NRT. I'm not especially interested in Tokyo itself, really. I would probably do day trips to Nikko and Kamakura. I'm planning on Kyoto, Hiroshima, Miyajima and Mount Koya.
I know that one concern could be jet lag. I haven't experience it before but this would also be my longest flight. Any other reason to not just take the train to Kyoto upon arrival?
Thanks in advance!
Begnning or Ending Trip in Tokyo?
- 1 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 2 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 3 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 4 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 5 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 6 Trip report China
- 7 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 8 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 9 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 10 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 11 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 12 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 13 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 14 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 15 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 16 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 17 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 18 Bali -- Visa on Arrival
- 19 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 20 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 21 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?
- 22 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 23 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 24 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 25 Anyone in Bangkok