I'm trying to set my itinerary and need to decide if I should start my trip with a couple days in Tokyo or end the trip in Tokyo. My flight would arrive around 430p in NRT. I'm not especially interested in Tokyo itself, really. I would probably do day trips to Nikko and Kamakura. I'm planning on Kyoto, Hiroshima, Miyajima and Mount Koya.
I know that one concern could be jet lag. I haven't experience it before but this would also be my longest flight. Any other reason to not just take the train to Kyoto upon arrival?
Thanks in advance!
Begnning or Ending Trip in Tokyo?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 2 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 3 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 4 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 5 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 6 Destination Bangkok, again
- 7 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 8 Travel during China national week?
- 9 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 10 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 11 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 12 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 13 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 14 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 15 Angkor - when to go?
- 16 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 17 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 18 India with 4 kids
- 19 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 20 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 21 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 22 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 23 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 24 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 25 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please