I'm trying to set my itinerary and need to decide if I should start my trip with a couple days in Tokyo or end the trip in Tokyo. My flight would arrive around 430p in NRT. I'm not especially interested in Tokyo itself, really. I would probably do day trips to Nikko and Kamakura. I'm planning on Kyoto, Hiroshima, Miyajima and Mount Koya.
I know that one concern could be jet lag. I haven't experience it before but this would also be my longest flight. Any other reason to not just take the train to Kyoto upon arrival?
Thanks in advance!
Begnning or Ending Trip in Tokyo?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 2 Silver shops on New Road behind the Oriental Hotel. Bangkok
- 3 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 4 2-3 days to spend near Shanghai: Hangzhou or Monganshan?
- 5 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 6 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 7 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 8 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 9 Jet Lagged in Mumbai
- 10 Nancy Chandler maps
- 11 2 Weeks in Thailand - Looking for suggestions
- 12 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 13 Free Sumo ticket in Fukuoka November 21
- 14 Do we need to reserve trains far in advance or just rock up to Station?
- 15 Help re. Visa.
- 16 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 17 Phuket Reniassaince/The Shore in November-swimmable beach?
- 18 getting from Chiang Mai to Kanchanaburi
- 19 Hong Kong, Thailand Skin products
- 20 Loy Krathong - do you need tickets?
- 21 Ranthambore - where to stay?
- 22 Advice on Tipping in Bali
- 23 flight from Mandalay to Luang Prabang
- 24 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 25 Where to buy a Yukuta, rather than a Kimono...?