I'm trying to set my itinerary and need to decide if I should start my trip with a couple days in Tokyo or end the trip in Tokyo. My flight would arrive around 430p in NRT. I'm not especially interested in Tokyo itself, really. I would probably do day trips to Nikko and Kamakura. I'm planning on Kyoto, Hiroshima, Miyajima and Mount Koya.
I know that one concern could be jet lag. I haven't experience it before but this would also be my longest flight. Any other reason to not just take the train to Kyoto upon arrival?
Thanks in advance!
Begnning or Ending Trip in Tokyo?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 2 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 3 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 4 April in Bangkok, again!
- 5 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 6 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 7 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 8 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 9 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 10 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 11 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 12 How safe is Delhi/India
- 13 Malaria
- 14 Vietnam and coffee
- 15 I'm going to Japan!
- 16 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 17 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 18 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 19 Cherry blossom
- 20 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 21 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 22 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 23 Which Putu in Bali????
- 24 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 25 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport