I'm trying to set my itinerary and need to decide if I should start my trip with a couple days in Tokyo or end the trip in Tokyo. My flight would arrive around 430p in NRT. I'm not especially interested in Tokyo itself, really. I would probably do day trips to Nikko and Kamakura. I'm planning on Kyoto, Hiroshima, Miyajima and Mount Koya.
I know that one concern could be jet lag. I haven't experience it before but this would also be my longest flight. Any other reason to not just take the train to Kyoto upon arrival?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 2 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 3 Japn tour 10 nights
- 4 Nepal
- 5 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 6 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 7 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 8 My visit to Thailand
- 9 What is the Facilities & Services of Maharajas Express Train?
- 10 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 11 Gutted!
- 12 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 13 5 weeks in Japan
- 14 My visit to Lao
- 15 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 16 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 17 Family Trip to Japan
- 18 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 19 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 20 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 21 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 22 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 23 New Member
- 24 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 25 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015