I am planning an 18 day trip to Burma. For a number of reasons I decided to go with a group tour, even though almost all my trips so far have been done independently. I chose a UK-based tour operator which does small groups and has the itinerary I wanted to do ( Yangoon, Bagan, Mandalay, Inle with some hiking through the villages). The tour is 13 days and I have 4 days left to go somewhere else.
I am thinking of going to Burma’s Ngapali beach. I don’t want to do it through my UK tour operator (VERY pricey) and wonder what do I do to book it myself. Do I go through a local agency? I saw the Santa Maria name highly recommended, but wonder if they would work with me on such a short trip. Alternatively, I see a number of Asian/Burmese agencies advertising Ngapali trips online, but wonder how safe it would be to book with any of them. I also see nice hotels online still available for the days I need and bookable either directly with hotels or Asian/Burmese tour companies, or online intermediaries like Tripadvisor. Has anyone booked hotels in Burma online?
The bigger question is how do I book my internal flights. I heard that you can’t book internal flights independently…. I could see the flight schedule and the prices on Mandalay Air and can submit a request through the agent page. Does anyone know whether this is reliable or any other issues with it?
Thanks a million!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 myanmar
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 Busan Central Bus Terminal
- 4 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 5 2 months in Taiwan - relaxing & hassle-free breaks in/out of the country?
- 6 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 7 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 8 Travel India solo
- 9 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 10 Osaka, aquarium?
- 11 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 12 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 13 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 14 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 15 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 16 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 17 North India Itinerary advice
- 18 Indonesia travel agent
- 19 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 20 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 21 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 22 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 23 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 24 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 25 A beach of choice on Samui