I am planning an 18 day trip to Burma. For a number of reasons I decided to go with a group tour, even though almost all my trips so far have been done independently. I chose a UK-based tour operator which does small groups and has the itinerary I wanted to do ( Yangoon, Bagan, Mandalay, Inle with some hiking through the villages). The tour is 13 days and I have 4 days left to go somewhere else.
I am thinking of going to Burma’s Ngapali beach. I don’t want to do it through my UK tour operator (VERY pricey) and wonder what do I do to book it myself. Do I go through a local agency? I saw the Santa Maria name highly recommended, but wonder if they would work with me on such a short trip. Alternatively, I see a number of Asian/Burmese agencies advertising Ngapali trips online, but wonder how safe it would be to book with any of them. I also see nice hotels online still available for the days I need and bookable either directly with hotels or Asian/Burmese tour companies, or online intermediaries like Tripadvisor. Has anyone booked hotels in Burma online?
The bigger question is how do I book my internal flights. I heard that you can’t book internal flights independently…. I could see the flight schedule and the prices on Mandalay Air and can submit a request through the agent page. Does anyone know whether this is reliable or any other issues with it?
Thanks a million!
Beach trip in Burma. Best way to book it?
- 1 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 2 1 week Philippines
- 3 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 4 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 5 Japan: best time to go?
- 6 Magical India
- 7 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 8 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 9 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 10 Travel Insurance
- 11 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 12 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 13 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 14 SALAY from BAGAN
- 15 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 16 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 17 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 18 cell phone in india
- 19 Night cruise to Kyushu from Kansai (Osaka and Kobe)
- 20 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 21 Thailand-Bangkok-Ko Samui-Chang mai in the begining of May
- 22 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 23 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 24 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 25 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?