I am planning an 18 day trip to Burma. For a number of reasons I decided to go with a group tour, even though almost all my trips so far have been done independently. I chose a UK-based tour operator which does small groups and has the itinerary I wanted to do ( Yangoon, Bagan, Mandalay, Inle with some hiking through the villages). The tour is 13 days and I have 4 days left to go somewhere else.
I am thinking of going to Burma’s Ngapali beach. I don’t want to do it through my UK tour operator (VERY pricey) and wonder what do I do to book it myself. Do I go through a local agency? I saw the Santa Maria name highly recommended, but wonder if they would work with me on such a short trip. Alternatively, I see a number of Asian/Burmese agencies advertising Ngapali trips online, but wonder how safe it would be to book with any of them. I also see nice hotels online still available for the days I need and bookable either directly with hotels or Asian/Burmese tour companies, or online intermediaries like Tripadvisor. Has anyone booked hotels in Burma online?
The bigger question is how do I book my internal flights. I heard that you can’t book internal flights independently…. I could see the flight schedule and the prices on Mandalay Air and can submit a request through the agent page. Does anyone know whether this is reliable or any other issues with it?
Thanks a million!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 2 Looking for Serviced apt.
- 3 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 4 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 5 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 6 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 7 In Seoul for one day
- 8 Some notes about South Korea
- 9 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 10 A great trip in India
- 11 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 12 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 13 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 14 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 15 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 16 Thoughts on this itinerary
- 17 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 18 It can be cheap but awesome!
- 19 Totally unprepared
- 20 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 21 Shanghai Airpor overnight
- 22 Chengdu, China - Giant Panda Research Base Travel Report
- 23 Rental Car Bali
- 24 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 25 Kyoto & Tokyo tips