I am planning an 18 day trip to Burma. For a number of reasons I decided to go with a group tour, even though almost all my trips so far have been done independently. I chose a UK-based tour operator which does small groups and has the itinerary I wanted to do ( Yangoon, Bagan, Mandalay, Inle with some hiking through the villages). The tour is 13 days and I have 4 days left to go somewhere else.
I am thinking of going to Burma’s Ngapali beach. I don’t want to do it through my UK tour operator (VERY pricey) and wonder what do I do to book it myself. Do I go through a local agency? I saw the Santa Maria name highly recommended, but wonder if they would work with me on such a short trip. Alternatively, I see a number of Asian/Burmese agencies advertising Ngapali trips online, but wonder how safe it would be to book with any of them. I also see nice hotels online still available for the days I need and bookable either directly with hotels or Asian/Burmese tour companies, or online intermediaries like Tripadvisor. Has anyone booked hotels in Burma online?
The bigger question is how do I book my internal flights. I heard that you can’t book internal flights independently…. I could see the flight schedule and the prices on Mandalay Air and can submit a request through the agent page. Does anyone know whether this is reliable or any other issues with it?
Thanks a million!
Beach trip in Burma. Best way to book it?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Is 5 nights in Lombok too much? Which room at Quinci Pool Villas!
- 2 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 3 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 4 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 5 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 6 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 7 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 8 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 9 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 10 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 11 vietnam and laos
- 12 My SEA trip - photos update
- 13 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 14 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 15 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 16 1 week in Southeast Asia
- 17 Drink Rec for Sri Lankan Food
- 18 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 19 Jewelry shopping in Bangkok
- 20 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 21 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 22 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 23 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 24 Advice needed for April itinerary and rail pass
- 25 visiting Edu castle on 1/2/15