My apologies to those who read this on the Laos forum. and my thank you to those who have provided Southeast Asia advice over the years.
Anyway, I've finally uploaded my trip report from my (unintentional) Bangkok and (intentional) Luang Prabang voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some deserved recommendations.
• #1: Make sure you have enough pages in your passport
• #2: Buy a Nancy Chandler map
• Stay at the Pullman Bangkok King Power Hotel
• Don’t miss the Buddhas: Reclining Buddha, Golden Buddha, Emerald Buddha (my favorite)
• Climb Wat Arun
• Visit the Grand Palace
• Tour the Jim Thompson House
• Have a traditional Thai massage and get twisted like a pretzel
• Check-out the Chatuchak Weekend Market (unless you’re claustrophobic)
• Anything you’ll ever need is at the Siam Paragon Mall
• Reconsider staying at the Phranakorn Nornlen
• Stay at the Navalai River Resort (pay a few dollars extra for a river view room, and request the top floor)
• Try the Siraraj Medical Museum if you do not have a faint heart
• See the Giant Swing
• Experience the bizarre Corrections Museum
• Eat at Cabbages and Condoms
• Ride a bike through the Ancient City
• DO NOT MISS the Erawan Museum
• Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
BANGKOK - Where My Travel Luck Ran Out
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 2 Becoming a “Leftover Women”
- 3 Becoming a “Leftover Women”
- 4 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 5 Are you looking for hill resort in Ooty?
- 6 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 7 Most popular show of Shanghai ERA
- 8 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 9 Takayama ideas in April?
- 10 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 11 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 12 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 13 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 14 How to access to Kanazawa New Shinkansen Service March
- 15 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 16 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 17 Osaka shopping
- 18 Luggage Transfer From Hotels
- 19 Penang
- 20 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 21 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 22 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 23 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 24 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 25 Sri Lanka February 15'