My apologies to those who read this on the Laos forum. and my thank you to those who have provided Southeast Asia advice over the years.
Anyway, I've finally uploaded my trip report from my (unintentional) Bangkok and (intentional) Luang Prabang voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some deserved recommendations.
• #1: Make sure you have enough pages in your passport
• #2: Buy a Nancy Chandler map
• Stay at the Pullman Bangkok King Power Hotel
• Don’t miss the Buddhas: Reclining Buddha, Golden Buddha, Emerald Buddha (my favorite)
• Climb Wat Arun
• Visit the Grand Palace
• Tour the Jim Thompson House
• Have a traditional Thai massage and get twisted like a pretzel
• Check-out the Chatuchak Weekend Market (unless you’re claustrophobic)
• Anything you’ll ever need is at the Siam Paragon Mall
• Reconsider staying at the Phranakorn Nornlen
• Stay at the Navalai River Resort (pay a few dollars extra for a river view room, and request the top floor)
• Try the Siraraj Medical Museum if you do not have a faint heart
• See the Giant Swing
• Experience the bizarre Corrections Museum
• Eat at Cabbages and Condoms
• Ride a bike through the Ancient City
• DO NOT MISS the Erawan Museum
• Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 honeymoon in Thailand-help
- 2 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 3 Travel from Tokyo to Kanazawa
- 4 Mumbai Airport Help. Is 2 hours enough time for domestic transfer?
- 5 Hotel in Hanoi
- 6 Beijing tours -- worth it?
- 7 Bullet train - which JR stations in Tokyo to go to Kyoto
- 8 Sien Reap Guide/Accomodation
- 9 KOYA-SAN: Hotel, please
- 10 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 11 Private guide and driver for India
- 12 NYT: Local cuisine in Siem Reap
- 13 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 14 2 weeks in Asia with a 2 year old (in February)
- 15 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable
- 16 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 17 vietnam transportation
- 18 Private transfer from Singapore Airport
- 19 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 20 Cambodia & Vietnam- 2 Weeks with Kids
- 21 Siem Reap: To hire a tour guide or is a driver enough?
- 22 Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka
- 23 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 24 India allowed e-Tourist Visa to 36 more countries
- 25 Thailand- Phuket beaches