My apologies to those who read this on the Laos forum. and my thank you to those who have provided Southeast Asia advice over the years.
Anyway, I've finally uploaded my trip report from my (unintentional) Bangkok and (intentional) Luang Prabang voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some deserved recommendations.
• #1: Make sure you have enough pages in your passport
• #2: Buy a Nancy Chandler map
• Stay at the Pullman Bangkok King Power Hotel
• Don’t miss the Buddhas: Reclining Buddha, Golden Buddha, Emerald Buddha (my favorite)
• Climb Wat Arun
• Visit the Grand Palace
• Tour the Jim Thompson House
• Have a traditional Thai massage and get twisted like a pretzel
• Check-out the Chatuchak Weekend Market (unless you’re claustrophobic)
• Anything you’ll ever need is at the Siam Paragon Mall
• Reconsider staying at the Phranakorn Nornlen
• Stay at the Navalai River Resort (pay a few dollars extra for a river view room, and request the top floor)
• Try the Siraraj Medical Museum if you do not have a faint heart
• See the Giant Swing
• Experience the bizarre Corrections Museum
• Eat at Cabbages and Condoms
• Ride a bike through the Ancient City
• DO NOT MISS the Erawan Museum
• Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
BANGKOK - Where My Travel Luck Ran Out
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2014 - Kathmandu, Pokhara, Poon Hill Trek
- 2 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 3 Trying To Decide Between These 2 Hotels In Singapore
- 4 Hotels reasonable priced near the Four Seasons
- 5 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 6 beaches in Thailand
- 7 Krabi island tours
- 8 Anatara Riverside Bangkok
- 9 Effectively its absolutely appeared using a beneficial
- 10 Hong Kong Winter Weather
- 11 Need help with Myanmar itinerary
- 12 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 13 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 14 Travelling with 3 yr old; please comment on 10 day itinerary
- 15 Ryoken recommendation pls either in Tokyo;Hiroshima;Kyoto?
- 16 A little help with my Burma plan..
- 17 Travel & leisure reports Burma as one of most dangerous countries to visit
- 18 Staying 3 nights in Jaisalmer, what attractions we should see
- 19 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 20 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 21 Kyushu rail pass
- 22 6 full days in Yagoon
- 23 Juphal and dunai help needed
- 24 Feedback on Thailand/SE Asia initial itinerary w/ kids
- 25 2 Weeks Thailand Honeymoon