My apologies to those who read this on the Laos forum. and my thank you to those who have provided Southeast Asia advice over the years.
Anyway, I've finally uploaded my trip report from my (unintentional) Bangkok and (intentional) Luang Prabang voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some deserved recommendations.
• #1: Make sure you have enough pages in your passport
• #2: Buy a Nancy Chandler map
• Stay at the Pullman Bangkok King Power Hotel
• Don’t miss the Buddhas: Reclining Buddha, Golden Buddha, Emerald Buddha (my favorite)
• Climb Wat Arun
• Visit the Grand Palace
• Tour the Jim Thompson House
• Have a traditional Thai massage and get twisted like a pretzel
• Check-out the Chatuchak Weekend Market (unless you’re claustrophobic)
• Anything you’ll ever need is at the Siam Paragon Mall
• Reconsider staying at the Phranakorn Nornlen
• Stay at the Navalai River Resort (pay a few dollars extra for a river view room, and request the top floor)
• Try the Siraraj Medical Museum if you do not have a faint heart
• See the Giant Swing
• Experience the bizarre Corrections Museum
• Eat at Cabbages and Condoms
• Ride a bike through the Ancient City
• DO NOT MISS the Erawan Museum
• Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
BANGKOK - Where My Travel Luck Ran Out
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice me to select saving plans in terms of free roaming
- 2 One week in Tokyo
- 3 THAILAND** Redone based on feedback dropped agent trying to do it myself
- 4 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 5 Agent to book domestic Nepal flights
- 6 Driving in Laos
- 7 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 8 Ideal itereneray for Nepal
- 9 Six hours in Seoul, Korea
- 10 Where to next after watching Nanjing 2014 YOG
- 11 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 12 Overnight layover/transit in PEK or Shanghai WITHOUT a visa?
- 13 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 14 5 days booked in Ubud - would you spend one at the Writer's festival?
- 15 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 16 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 17 Flights from Bangkok to Phnom Penh
- 18 china
- 19 TIPS FOR TRAVELLING THE PHILIPPINES
- 20 where to next after Nanjing 2014 youth olympic games
- 21 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 22 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 23 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 24 China - Personal recommendations
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)