My apologies to those who read this on the Laos forum. and my thank you to those who have provided Southeast Asia advice over the years.
Anyway, I've finally uploaded my trip report from my (unintentional) Bangkok and (intentional) Luang Prabang voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some deserved recommendations.
• #1: Make sure you have enough pages in your passport
• #2: Buy a Nancy Chandler map
• Stay at the Pullman Bangkok King Power Hotel
• Don’t miss the Buddhas: Reclining Buddha, Golden Buddha, Emerald Buddha (my favorite)
• Climb Wat Arun
• Visit the Grand Palace
• Tour the Jim Thompson House
• Have a traditional Thai massage and get twisted like a pretzel
• Check-out the Chatuchak Weekend Market (unless you’re claustrophobic)
• Anything you’ll ever need is at the Siam Paragon Mall
• Reconsider staying at the Phranakorn Nornlen
• Stay at the Navalai River Resort (pay a few dollars extra for a river view room, and request the top floor)
• Try the Siraraj Medical Museum if you do not have a faint heart
• See the Giant Swing
• Experience the bizarre Corrections Museum
• Eat at Cabbages and Condoms
• Ride a bike through the Ancient City
• DO NOT MISS the Erawan Museum
• Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 부산경륜◇◇％％［SNN77.CΘM］％％◇◇중국골프투어
- 2 창원경륜◇◇％％［SNN77.CΘM］％％◇◇해외골프추천
- 3 경륜투데이◇◇％％［SNN77.CΘM］％％◇◇초보골프배우기
- 4 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 5 Taxi Service In Dehradun
- 6 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 7 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 8 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 9 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 10 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 11 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 12 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 13 November, March, June... Japan?
- 14 Itinerary Help Japan
- 15 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 16 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 17 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 18 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 19 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 20 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 21 Silk Road Tour - China
- 22 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 23 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 24 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 25 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice