My apologies to those who read this on the Laos forum. and my thank you to those who have provided Southeast Asia advice over the years.
Anyway, I've finally uploaded my trip report from my (unintentional) Bangkok and (intentional) Luang Prabang voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some deserved recommendations.
• #1: Make sure you have enough pages in your passport
• #2: Buy a Nancy Chandler map
• Stay at the Pullman Bangkok King Power Hotel
• Don’t miss the Buddhas: Reclining Buddha, Golden Buddha, Emerald Buddha (my favorite)
• Climb Wat Arun
• Visit the Grand Palace
• Tour the Jim Thompson House
• Have a traditional Thai massage and get twisted like a pretzel
• Check-out the Chatuchak Weekend Market (unless you’re claustrophobic)
• Anything you’ll ever need is at the Siam Paragon Mall
• Reconsider staying at the Phranakorn Nornlen
• Stay at the Navalai River Resort (pay a few dollars extra for a river view room, and request the top floor)
• Try the Siraraj Medical Museum if you do not have a faint heart
• See the Giant Swing
• Experience the bizarre Corrections Museum
• Eat at Cabbages and Condoms
• Ride a bike through the Ancient City
• DO NOT MISS the Erawan Museum
• Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan rough itinerary
- 2 One night in Osaka
- 3 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 4 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 5 Japan for Foodies
- 6 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 7 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 8 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 9 Singapore weather in August/September
- 10 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 11 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 12 First time going abroad
- 13 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 14 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 15 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 16 Backpacking on a budget
- 17 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 18 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 19 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 20 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 21 electric plug
- 22 Day trips from Sapporo
- 23 Etiquette in Japan
- 24 Northern Thailand Options
- 25 Kurashiki versus Kosanji Temple