My apologies to those who read this on the Laos forum. and my thank you to those who have provided Southeast Asia advice over the years.
Anyway, I've finally uploaded my trip report from my (unintentional) Bangkok and (intentional) Luang Prabang voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some deserved recommendations.
• #1: Make sure you have enough pages in your passport
• #2: Buy a Nancy Chandler map
• Stay at the Pullman Bangkok King Power Hotel
• Don’t miss the Buddhas: Reclining Buddha, Golden Buddha, Emerald Buddha (my favorite)
• Climb Wat Arun
• Visit the Grand Palace
• Tour the Jim Thompson House
• Have a traditional Thai massage and get twisted like a pretzel
• Check-out the Chatuchak Weekend Market (unless you’re claustrophobic)
• Anything you’ll ever need is at the Siam Paragon Mall
• Reconsider staying at the Phranakorn Nornlen
• Stay at the Navalai River Resort (pay a few dollars extra for a river view room, and request the top floor)
• Try the Siraraj Medical Museum if you do not have a faint heart
• See the Giant Swing
• Experience the bizarre Corrections Museum
• Eat at Cabbages and Condoms
• Ride a bike through the Ancient City
• DO NOT MISS the Erawan Museum
• Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
BANGKOK - Where My Travel Luck Ran Out
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 2 July itinerary in Japan
- 3 India and Nepal 2014
- 4 4-1/2 days in Seoul
- 5 Phones, staying in touch and SIM cards in India
- 6 2 Wonderful Weeks in Thailand
- 7 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 8 How early do you get to get to the airport in Thailand?
- 9 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 10 Hong Kong and ? for 8 days in April
- 11 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 12 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 13 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 14 Solo female : Bali or Thailand?
- 15 Ideas for solo (female) trip next month
- 16 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 17 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 18 How far in advance are hotels available to reserve?
- 19 Where in Bali should we stay
- 20 Free Weekend in Hong Kong - your favorite restaurants?
- 21 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 22 Vietnam or Brazil
- 23 Getting a "feel" for a country.
- 24 Car rental companies Phuket Airport?
- 25 Itinerary Feedback - Thailand