My apologies to those who read this on the Laos forum. and my thank you to those who have provided Southeast Asia advice over the years.
Anyway, I've finally uploaded my trip report from my (unintentional) Bangkok and (intentional) Luang Prabang voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some deserved recommendations.
• #1: Make sure you have enough pages in your passport
• #2: Buy a Nancy Chandler map
• Stay at the Pullman Bangkok King Power Hotel
• Don’t miss the Buddhas: Reclining Buddha, Golden Buddha, Emerald Buddha (my favorite)
• Climb Wat Arun
• Visit the Grand Palace
• Tour the Jim Thompson House
• Have a traditional Thai massage and get twisted like a pretzel
• Check-out the Chatuchak Weekend Market (unless you’re claustrophobic)
• Anything you’ll ever need is at the Siam Paragon Mall
• Reconsider staying at the Phranakorn Nornlen
• Stay at the Navalai River Resort (pay a few dollars extra for a river view room, and request the top floor)
• Try the Siraraj Medical Museum if you do not have a faint heart
• See the Giant Swing
• Experience the bizarre Corrections Museum
• Eat at Cabbages and Condoms
• Ride a bike through the Ancient City
• DO NOT MISS the Erawan Museum
• Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 1-80084-16436
- 2 http://www.fitwaypoint.com/flat-belly-protocol/
- 3 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 4 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 5 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 6 My new 10 year china visa
- 7 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 8 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 9 Hotel with easy access to Itami airport
- 10 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 11 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 12 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 13 suggestions for 2nd time to Vietnam itinerary
- 14 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 15 Update on riding elephants
- 16 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong
- 17 SOUTHEAST ASIA 6 WEEKS
- 18 Medical Trip Insurance: To Buy Or Not To Buy
- 19 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 20 Thailand 1st time - June travel
- 21 Thai Airways International Layover: Baggage Recheck?
- 22 What's the best city to travel in Southeast Asia in a short period of time?
- 23 Best Place To Visit in Delhi
- 24 Fur Women's Trip to India
- 25 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options