My apologies to those who read this on the Laos forum. and my thank you to those who have provided Southeast Asia advice over the years.
Anyway, I've finally uploaded my trip report from my (unintentional) Bangkok and (intentional) Luang Prabang voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some deserved recommendations.
• #1: Make sure you have enough pages in your passport
• #2: Buy a Nancy Chandler map
• Stay at the Pullman Bangkok King Power Hotel
• Don’t miss the Buddhas: Reclining Buddha, Golden Buddha, Emerald Buddha (my favorite)
• Climb Wat Arun
• Visit the Grand Palace
• Tour the Jim Thompson House
• Have a traditional Thai massage and get twisted like a pretzel
• Check-out the Chatuchak Weekend Market (unless you’re claustrophobic)
• Anything you’ll ever need is at the Siam Paragon Mall
• Reconsider staying at the Phranakorn Nornlen
• Stay at the Navalai River Resort (pay a few dollars extra for a river view room, and request the top floor)
• Try the Siraraj Medical Museum if you do not have a faint heart
• See the Giant Swing
• Experience the bizarre Corrections Museum
• Eat at Cabbages and Condoms
• Ride a bike through the Ancient City
• DO NOT MISS the Erawan Museum
• Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
BANGKOK - Where My Travel Luck Ran Out
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 2 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 3 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 4 5 Days in Siem Reap
- 5 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 6 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 7 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 8 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 9 Connaught Place
- 10 Nepal- recipe?
- 11 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 12 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 13 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 14 My SEA trip - photos update
- 15 vietnam and laos
- 16 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 17 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 18 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 19 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 20 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 21 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 22 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans
- 23 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 24 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 25 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay