My apologies to those who read this on the Laos forum. and my thank you to those who have provided Southeast Asia advice over the years.
Anyway, I've finally uploaded my trip report from my (unintentional) Bangkok and (intentional) Luang Prabang voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some deserved recommendations.
• #1: Make sure you have enough pages in your passport
• #2: Buy a Nancy Chandler map
• Stay at the Pullman Bangkok King Power Hotel
• Don’t miss the Buddhas: Reclining Buddha, Golden Buddha, Emerald Buddha (my favorite)
• Climb Wat Arun
• Visit the Grand Palace
• Tour the Jim Thompson House
• Have a traditional Thai massage and get twisted like a pretzel
• Check-out the Chatuchak Weekend Market (unless you’re claustrophobic)
• Anything you’ll ever need is at the Siam Paragon Mall
• Reconsider staying at the Phranakorn Nornlen
• Stay at the Navalai River Resort (pay a few dollars extra for a river view room, and request the top floor)
• Try the Siraraj Medical Museum if you do not have a faint heart
• See the Giant Swing
• Experience the bizarre Corrections Museum
• Eat at Cabbages and Condoms
• Ride a bike through the Ancient City
• DO NOT MISS the Erawan Museum
• Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
BANGKOK - Where My Travel Luck Ran Out
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 2 Japan Itinerary for May
- 3 South Korea 5 days
- 4 Japan -OAT tour
- 5 Thai island escape
- 6 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 7 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 8 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 9 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 10 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 11 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 12 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 13 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 14 General question
- 15 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 16 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 17 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 18 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 19 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 20 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 21 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 22 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 23 Phuket Hotel
- 24 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 25 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!