My apologies to those who read this on the Laos forum. and my thank you to those who have provided Southeast Asia advice over the years.
Anyway, I've finally uploaded my trip report from my (unintentional) Bangkok and (intentional) Luang Prabang voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some deserved recommendations.
• #1: Make sure you have enough pages in your passport
• #2: Buy a Nancy Chandler map
• Stay at the Pullman Bangkok King Power Hotel
• Don’t miss the Buddhas: Reclining Buddha, Golden Buddha, Emerald Buddha (my favorite)
• Climb Wat Arun
• Visit the Grand Palace
• Tour the Jim Thompson House
• Have a traditional Thai massage and get twisted like a pretzel
• Check-out the Chatuchak Weekend Market (unless you’re claustrophobic)
• Anything you’ll ever need is at the Siam Paragon Mall
• Reconsider staying at the Phranakorn Nornlen
• Stay at the Navalai River Resort (pay a few dollars extra for a river view room, and request the top floor)
• Try the Siraraj Medical Museum if you do not have a faint heart
• See the Giant Swing
• Experience the bizarre Corrections Museum
• Eat at Cabbages and Condoms
• Ride a bike through the Ancient City
• DO NOT MISS the Erawan Museum
• Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotel in Tokyo
- 2 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 3 Japan Itinerary Help
- 4 Vietnam - September 2015
- 5 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 6 Everest Base Camp Trekking
- 7 Your "must try" Japanese food experiences.
- 8 Rain, hail (softened by sakura) couldn't stop us from loving Japan!
- 9 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?
- 10 Where to stay in Koyasan?
- 11 which street food tour in Hanoi?
- 12 Trip out from Bangkok to Laos, Cambodia or ?
- 13 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 14 Do you travel with an air mask (N95) when you go to China?
- 15 Trip report: Thailand and Laos - Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Luang Prabang
- 16 Khao Lak
- 17 Hakone Ryokan - Gora Kansuiro
- 18 Khmer people please help me with translation
- 19 trekking in SE Asia
- 20 TR 'From DC to Delhi and beyond' dated 25 February 2015
- 21 INDIA: "A Pleasant Surprise"
- 22 Applying Indian Visa - 1 photo or 2 ?
- 23 Which Cities in India if Only Have 8 days on Land?
- 24 Vietnam Itinerary- Help!
- 25 Re: Small and wonderful Singapore