My apologies to those who read this on the Laos forum. and my thank you to those who have provided Southeast Asia advice over the years.
Anyway, I've finally uploaded my trip report from my (unintentional) Bangkok and (intentional) Luang Prabang voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some deserved recommendations.
• #1: Make sure you have enough pages in your passport
• #2: Buy a Nancy Chandler map
• Stay at the Pullman Bangkok King Power Hotel
• Don’t miss the Buddhas: Reclining Buddha, Golden Buddha, Emerald Buddha (my favorite)
• Climb Wat Arun
• Visit the Grand Palace
• Tour the Jim Thompson House
• Have a traditional Thai massage and get twisted like a pretzel
• Check-out the Chatuchak Weekend Market (unless you’re claustrophobic)
• Anything you’ll ever need is at the Siam Paragon Mall
• Reconsider staying at the Phranakorn Nornlen
• Stay at the Navalai River Resort (pay a few dollars extra for a river view room, and request the top floor)
• Try the Siraraj Medical Museum if you do not have a faint heart
• See the Giant Swing
• Experience the bizarre Corrections Museum
• Eat at Cabbages and Condoms
• Ride a bike through the Ancient City
• DO NOT MISS the Erawan Museum
• Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel Itenary
- 2 Is this crazy?
- 3 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 4 Vietnam - 15 day Visa Waiver extended until 30 June 2017
- 5 Japan & WiFi
- 6 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 7 2 gals and 2 weeks in Bali
- 8 Struggling with SE Asia Itinerary for November
- 9 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 10 Passport for Indonesia
- 11 Fabric shops in India
- 12 Bali airport transportation
- 13 8 Days in Central/South Vietnam
- 14 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 15 thai baht allowance
- 16 japan itenirary help
- 17 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 18 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 19 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 20 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 21 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 22 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 23 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 24 China visa 60 day limit--leave for weekend?
- 25 Corbett Wildlife Park