My apologies to those who read this on the Laos forum. and my thank you to those who have provided Southeast Asia advice over the years.
Anyway, I've finally uploaded my trip report from my (unintentional) Bangkok and (intentional) Luang Prabang voyage a few years ago, which includes a lot of hard-earned lessons and some deserved recommendations.
• #1: Make sure you have enough pages in your passport
• #2: Buy a Nancy Chandler map
• Stay at the Pullman Bangkok King Power Hotel
• Don’t miss the Buddhas: Reclining Buddha, Golden Buddha, Emerald Buddha (my favorite)
• Climb Wat Arun
• Visit the Grand Palace
• Tour the Jim Thompson House
• Have a traditional Thai massage and get twisted like a pretzel
• Check-out the Chatuchak Weekend Market (unless you’re claustrophobic)
• Anything you’ll ever need is at the Siam Paragon Mall
• Reconsider staying at the Phranakorn Nornlen
• Stay at the Navalai River Resort (pay a few dollars extra for a river view room, and request the top floor)
• Try the Siraraj Medical Museum if you do not have a faint heart
• See the Giant Swing
• Experience the bizarre Corrections Museum
• Eat at Cabbages and Condoms
• Ride a bike through the Ancient City
• DO NOT MISS the Erawan Museum
• Oh, and... trust your travel intuition!!!
BANGKOK - Where My Travel Luck Ran Out
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 2 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 3 Tokyo to Takayama with transit in Matsumoto in one day
- 4 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 5 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 6 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 7 Beach selection in Thailand
- 8 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 9 Malaysian honeymoon
- 10 India - 2 Days only
- 11 Burma river cruise
- 12 hotel Paradise Island in Bentota, Sri Lanka toxic hepatitis.
- 13 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 14 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 15 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 16 Red River Delta in Viet Nam: A Good Idea for a Day Trip from Hanoi?
- 17 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 18 Travel during China national week?
- 19 My trip report from the Philippines
- 20 China with Collette Tours
- 21 Exploring Thailand
- 22 Air Asia package from Koh Lipe to Bangkok
- 23 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 24 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 25 Traveling solo to Thailand and looking for recommended tour company