My boyfriend and I are leaving for SE Asia for 25 days on Friday, and I'd love some last minute itinerary help/thoughts.
Right now, this is the plan:
Days 1-4 in Bangkok
On day 5, fly to Hanoi, spend the day and night
Day 6- Halong Bay/overnight
Day 7- return from Halong Bay, spend the rest of the day and night in Hanoi
Day 8- spend day in Hanoi, leave on overnight train to Danang
Day 9- Walk around Danang for a bit, cab to Hoi An
Days 9 and 10 (2 nights) in Hoi An
Day 11- flight from Danang to Dalat
Days 11 and 12 (2 nights) in Dalat
On day 12, bus ride to HCMC
Day 12, Day 13 (1 night, 2 days) in HCMC
Day 13- bus to Phnom Penh
Night of the 13th and 14th, and days 14, 15 in Phnom Penh (2 nights)
On the 15th, bus to Siem Reap- spend days 15-18 in Siem Reap (3 nights, 4 days)
On day 19, leave to get back to Bangkok
So obviously as this is laid out above, it is a lot of travelling, and it also leaves 6 unplanned days in there for padding and flexibility (and of course, making our flight out of Bangkok on Day 25!!!)
I would love feedback! I know people are partial to minimizing destinations and maximizing time, as am I, but this is most likely our only chance to travel the region and we are looking forward to a jam-packed crazy time.
If there are places you think we should stay longer, places we should skip altogether, suggestions for daytrips from Bangkok, or transportation means that would make things faster, please let us know! Also please note that everything leading up to the overnight train to Danang is not flexible since it is already booked.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India visa for new passport
- 2 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 3 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 4 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 5 offshoremedicalcoding
- 6 Where to go to Sapa, Vietnam
- 7 THINGS TO DO IN HANOI OLD QUARTER IN ONE DAY
- 8 Which is the best tourist place in India?
- 9 Aptitude preparation
- 10 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 11 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 12 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 13 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 14 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 15 Traffic and Police in India
- 16 Serendipity Srilanka
- 17 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 18 New Thai Visa
- 19 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 20 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 21 New Years in Japan
- 22 Sri Lanka in December
- 23 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 24 january 31 in colombo
- 25 sri lanka two places, two hotels
Bangkok, Vietnam, and Cambodia- leaving in 3 days- itinerary help!