I will be in Bangkok in mid-February on a cruise and one of the excursions is Bangkok on your own which I would love to do as I prefer to explore new places without a group. My mother who is traveling with me and my sister says that there is too much unrest in Bangkok to do anything outside of a group excursion. Can anyone give me an update on the situation in the area and whether a couple of middle aged women would have any trouble if we went out exploring? Thanks!
Bangkok safe to roam?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 One week in Thailand
- 2 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 3 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 4 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 5 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 6 A hero in Myanmar: A man who does his job
- 7 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 8 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 9 Where to Play Basketball In Phuket
- 10 Cebu/Bohol - where to stay, how to see Chocolate Hills
- 11 Obtaining Thai Visa in Laos
- 12 Thailand mid-December
- 13 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 14 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 15 Phillipines: itinerary suggestions
- 16 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 17 What I like about Mumbai
- 18 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 19 Sumatra for 2 weeks in December
- 20 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 21 Indian visa
- 22 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 23 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 24 US citizens applying for India visa--take care which website you use
- 25 Is Asiana Airlines safe?