I will be heading to Bangkok for a little over a week at the end of the year. I'm hoping to get quite a bit of shopping done whilst there and was hoping to discuss personal shopping experiences, specifically regarding men's fashion.
I have never used a tailor in Bangkok and I am considering using one this time round. I'm keen to avoid fusing as much as possible and would be looking at less structured clothes, such as shirts, trousers, waistcoats and unstructured jackets/coats. Any recommendations of tailors that do not employ a tourist model operation? I've heard good things about Tanika Tailor.
Regarding shirts, I've read a lot about Kiet from Milan Suit under Asok BTS who's stitching prices are very competitive but fabric range is lacking. Where would one look If one was to bring higher quality fabric to him? Giovanni and Venezia on Sampeng lane have received mention; has anyone visited these shops?
I'm keen to find Duly shirt quality at Kiet + fabric cost prices.
On the other end of the spectrum, I remember finding imitation branded woolen trousers in Old Siam Plaza for approximately 800 THB. Are there any hidden treasures lurking in Pahurat market, fake/imitation or otherwise?
I've ventured into Ban Krua once in search of hand-woven Thai silk. I only managed to find one seller but I presume there are others. Has any one else looked around Ban Krua and if so, can you supply directions once crossing the Ban Krua Nua Pier foot-bridge? A description of goods and prices would also be welcome.
On the topic of Thai silk - is it worth the trip out to the Jim Thompson Sukhumvit 93 factory outlet?
Last time I had a quick look around O.P place but only had time to window shop. I would like to give it a second try.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 2 Visiting China - must be tour
- 3 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 4 Uodated and Hopefully Final itinerary- Would love Feedback!!
- 5 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 6 Best Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- 7 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 8 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 9 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 10 India Trip Report
- 11 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 12 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 14 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 15 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 16 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 17 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 18 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 19 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 20 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
- 21 An island paradise?
- 22 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 23 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 24 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 25 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??