I will be heading to Bangkok for a little over a week at the end of the year. I'm hoping to get quite a bit of shopping done whilst there and was hoping to discuss personal shopping experiences, specifically regarding men's fashion.
I have never used a tailor in Bangkok and I am considering using one this time round. I'm keen to avoid fusing as much as possible and would be looking at less structured clothes, such as shirts, trousers, waistcoats and unstructured jackets/coats. Any recommendations of tailors that do not employ a tourist model operation? I've heard good things about Tanika Tailor.
Regarding shirts, I've read a lot about Kiet from Milan Suit under Asok BTS who's stitching prices are very competitive but fabric range is lacking. Where would one look If one was to bring higher quality fabric to him? Giovanni and Venezia on Sampeng lane have received mention; has anyone visited these shops?
I'm keen to find Duly shirt quality at Kiet + fabric cost prices.
On the other end of the spectrum, I remember finding imitation branded woolen trousers in Old Siam Plaza for approximately 800 THB. Are there any hidden treasures lurking in Pahurat market, fake/imitation or otherwise?
I've ventured into Ban Krua once in search of hand-woven Thai silk. I only managed to find one seller but I presume there are others. Has any one else looked around Ban Krua and if so, can you supply directions once crossing the Ban Krua Nua Pier foot-bridge? A description of goods and prices would also be welcome.
On the topic of Thai silk - is it worth the trip out to the Jim Thompson Sukhumvit 93 factory outlet?
Last time I had a quick look around O.P place but only had time to window shop. I would like to give it a second try.
Bangkok Men's Fashion
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 2 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 3 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 4 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 5 1st time Japan - solo female
- 6 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 7 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 8 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 9 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 10 Odyssey unlimited
- 11 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 12 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 13 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 14 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 15 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 16 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 17 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 18 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 19 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 20 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 21 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 22 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 23 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 24 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 25 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!