I will be heading to Bangkok for a little over a week at the end of the year. I'm hoping to get quite a bit of shopping done whilst there and was hoping to discuss personal shopping experiences, specifically regarding men's fashion.
I have never used a tailor in Bangkok and I am considering using one this time round. I'm keen to avoid fusing as much as possible and would be looking at less structured clothes, such as shirts, trousers, waistcoats and unstructured jackets/coats. Any recommendations of tailors that do not employ a tourist model operation? I've heard good things about Tanika Tailor.
Regarding shirts, I've read a lot about Kiet from Milan Suit under Asok BTS who's stitching prices are very competitive but fabric range is lacking. Where would one look If one was to bring higher quality fabric to him? Giovanni and Venezia on Sampeng lane have received mention; has anyone visited these shops?
I'm keen to find Duly shirt quality at Kiet + fabric cost prices.
On the other end of the spectrum, I remember finding imitation branded woolen trousers in Old Siam Plaza for approximately 800 THB. Are there any hidden treasures lurking in Pahurat market, fake/imitation or otherwise?
I've ventured into Ban Krua once in search of hand-woven Thai silk. I only managed to find one seller but I presume there are others. Has any one else looked around Ban Krua and if so, can you supply directions once crossing the Ban Krua Nua Pier foot-bridge? A description of goods and prices would also be welcome.
On the topic of Thai silk - is it worth the trip out to the Jim Thompson Sukhumvit 93 factory outlet?
Last time I had a quick look around O.P place but only had time to window shop. I would like to give it a second try.
Bangkok Men's Fashion
- 1 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 2 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 3 Feng Pao Fireworks Festival in Yanshui, Tainan?
- 4 Malaysia and Thailand 2013 travelogues
- 5 SINGAPORE OR CAMBODIA??? (April Honeymoon)
- 6 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 7 independent travel in India
- 8 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 9 Ratings of kaiseki meals at ryokans in Japan?
- 10 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 11 Magical India
- 12 geisha performance
- 13 Dread long flights USA to/from BKK
- 14 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 15 Trip report China
- 16 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 17 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 18 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 19 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 20 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 21 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 22 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 23 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 24 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 25 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.