I will be heading to Bangkok for a little over a week at the end of the year. I'm hoping to get quite a bit of shopping done whilst there and was hoping to discuss personal shopping experiences, specifically regarding men's fashion.
I have never used a tailor in Bangkok and I am considering using one this time round. I'm keen to avoid fusing as much as possible and would be looking at less structured clothes, such as shirts, trousers, waistcoats and unstructured jackets/coats. Any recommendations of tailors that do not employ a tourist model operation? I've heard good things about Tanika Tailor.
Regarding shirts, I've read a lot about Kiet from Milan Suit under Asok BTS who's stitching prices are very competitive but fabric range is lacking. Where would one look If one was to bring higher quality fabric to him? Giovanni and Venezia on Sampeng lane have received mention; has anyone visited these shops?
I'm keen to find Duly shirt quality at Kiet + fabric cost prices.
On the other end of the spectrum, I remember finding imitation branded woolen trousers in Old Siam Plaza for approximately 800 THB. Are there any hidden treasures lurking in Pahurat market, fake/imitation or otherwise?
I've ventured into Ban Krua once in search of hand-woven Thai silk. I only managed to find one seller but I presume there are others. Has any one else looked around Ban Krua and if so, can you supply directions once crossing the Ban Krua Nua Pier foot-bridge? A description of goods and prices would also be welcome.
On the topic of Thai silk - is it worth the trip out to the Jim Thompson Sukhumvit 93 factory outlet?
Last time I had a quick look around O.P place but only had time to window shop. I would like to give it a second try.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 사설파카라 ¶¶ ( CASS 22 . COM ) ¶¶ 사설파카라
- 2 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 3 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 4 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 5 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 6 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 7 3 weeks in Japan
- 8 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 9 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 10 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 11 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 12 India Tour Companies
- 13 Vietnam Dong
- 14 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 15 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 16 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 17 New Years in Japan
- 18 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 19 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 20 Touristy Thailand
- 21 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
- 22 One week in Taiwan (is not enough!)
- 23 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 24 Myanmar tour companies
- 25 Help with 2 week Thailand itinerary