I will be heading to Bangkok for a little over a week at the end of the year. I'm hoping to get quite a bit of shopping done whilst there and was hoping to discuss personal shopping experiences, specifically regarding men's fashion.
I have never used a tailor in Bangkok and I am considering using one this time round. I'm keen to avoid fusing as much as possible and would be looking at less structured clothes, such as shirts, trousers, waistcoats and unstructured jackets/coats. Any recommendations of tailors that do not employ a tourist model operation? I've heard good things about Tanika Tailor.
Regarding shirts, I've read a lot about Kiet from Milan Suit under Asok BTS who's stitching prices are very competitive but fabric range is lacking. Where would one look If one was to bring higher quality fabric to him? Giovanni and Venezia on Sampeng lane have received mention; has anyone visited these shops?
I'm keen to find Duly shirt quality at Kiet + fabric cost prices.
On the other end of the spectrum, I remember finding imitation branded woolen trousers in Old Siam Plaza for approximately 800 THB. Are there any hidden treasures lurking in Pahurat market, fake/imitation or otherwise?
I've ventured into Ban Krua once in search of hand-woven Thai silk. I only managed to find one seller but I presume there are others. Has any one else looked around Ban Krua and if so, can you supply directions once crossing the Ban Krua Nua Pier foot-bridge? A description of goods and prices would also be welcome.
On the topic of Thai silk - is it worth the trip out to the Jim Thompson Sukhumvit 93 factory outlet?
Last time I had a quick look around O.P place but only had time to window shop. I would like to give it a second try.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 2 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 3 Rental Car Bali
- 4 Sulawesi
- 5 http://x4up.org/vitalpeak-xt/
- 6 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 7 http://www.ifirmationantiagingcream.com/nitrobuild-plus-avis/
- 8 http://helix6garciniareview.com/raw-power-xl/
- 9 Finding Bangkok hotels? Choose Dusit hotel
- 10 http://www.tophealthresource.com/xtrcut/
- 11 http://nuvieskincareserum.com/xtrcut/
- 12 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 13 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 14 Some notes about South Korea
- 15 Travelling to SEA
- 16 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 17 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 18 http://helix6garciniareview.com/raw-power-xl/
- 19 Made the Jump!
- 20 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 21 passport visa ques.
- 22 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 23 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 24 Looking for Serviced apt.
- 25 In Seoul for one day