I will be heading to Bangkok for a little over a week at the end of the year. I'm hoping to get quite a bit of shopping done whilst there and was hoping to discuss personal shopping experiences, specifically regarding men's fashion.
I have never used a tailor in Bangkok and I am considering using one this time round. I'm keen to avoid fusing as much as possible and would be looking at less structured clothes, such as shirts, trousers, waistcoats and unstructured jackets/coats. Any recommendations of tailors that do not employ a tourist model operation? I've heard good things about Tanika Tailor.
Regarding shirts, I've read a lot about Kiet from Milan Suit under Asok BTS who's stitching prices are very competitive but fabric range is lacking. Where would one look If one was to bring higher quality fabric to him? Giovanni and Venezia on Sampeng lane have received mention; has anyone visited these shops?
I'm keen to find Duly shirt quality at Kiet + fabric cost prices.
On the other end of the spectrum, I remember finding imitation branded woolen trousers in Old Siam Plaza for approximately 800 THB. Are there any hidden treasures lurking in Pahurat market, fake/imitation or otherwise?
I've ventured into Ban Krua once in search of hand-woven Thai silk. I only managed to find one seller but I presume there are others. Has any one else looked around Ban Krua and if so, can you supply directions once crossing the Ban Krua Nua Pier foot-bridge? A description of goods and prices would also be welcome.
On the topic of Thai silk - is it worth the trip out to the Jim Thompson Sukhumvit 93 factory outlet?
Last time I had a quick look around O.P place but only had time to window shop. I would like to give it a second try.
Bangkok Men's Fashion
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Honeymoon in Thailand
- 2 Thailand - Food recos
- 3 Thailand Hotel
- 4 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 5 Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO
- 6 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 7 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 8 Single parent traveling to Thailand with a 4-yo son
- 9 vietnam and laos
- 10 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 11 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 12 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 13 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 14 JR West rail pass changes and new Nozomi pass
- 15 5 nights in Japan.
- 16 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 17 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 18 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 19 A week in Hong Kong with a 6 yr old-where to stay?
- 20 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 21 Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
- 22 BKK Airport Meeting Spot
- 23 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 24 Visa
- 25 Castle & King