Plane tickets have been booked. It is my first trip to Asia and I'm taking Mom along. I'm sure I'll return, but mom is using her retirement funds sparingly and wants to see snapshots of the world. So, we are cramming these three cities into about 12-13 days. I *think* I've figured out how I am dividing up the cities, but want some advice before booking hotels.
Also, if you have any specific recs for hotels (private bath, AC, wifi are our "must haves") that would be great.
We arrive very late in Bangkok on 12/22. We have a tight layover in Tokyo, but I've been assured it is doable. We also have a layover in a winter city in the U.S....so hopefully no storms delaying us. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, we'll be in Bangkok by 11:30 pm on the 22nd.
The plan was to tour around Bangkok 23-25 December. A solid three days, with one being really jet lagged.
Transfer to siem reap on the 26th, very early in the AM. Tentative plan is to depart on the 29th. That leaves us a solid 2.5 days (or 2.25 days) to explore the temples.
On the 29th we would fly to Hanoi. Depart Hanoi late on the January 4. That gives us 6 days on the ground in Hanoi. Thinking that is enough time to take a day trip outside the city.
Bangkok - 3 days
Angkor Wat - 2.5 days
Hanoi - 6 days
I'm thinking that this is off. Add a day to Angkor Wat? And a day to Bangkok? Pull them from Hanoi....
We will fly between cities to minimize travel time. Those have not been booked yet, but that was my plan after I finalize hotels.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 New Years in Japan
- 2 3 weeks in Japan
- 3 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 4 A first time for everything in Japan
- 5 India Tour Companies
- 6 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 7 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 8 Suggestions for a trip with my daughter
- 9 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 10 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 11 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 12 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 13 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 14 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 15 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 16 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 17 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 18 Vietnam Dong
- 19 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 20 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 21 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 22 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 23 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 24 Touristy Thailand
- 25 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia