Plane tickets have been booked. It is my first trip to Asia and I'm taking Mom along. I'm sure I'll return, but mom is using her retirement funds sparingly and wants to see snapshots of the world. So, we are cramming these three cities into about 12-13 days. I *think* I've figured out how I am dividing up the cities, but want some advice before booking hotels.
Also, if you have any specific recs for hotels (private bath, AC, wifi are our "must haves") that would be great.
We arrive very late in Bangkok on 12/22. We have a tight layover in Tokyo, but I've been assured it is doable. We also have a layover in a winter city in the U.S....so hopefully no storms delaying us. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, we'll be in Bangkok by 11:30 pm on the 22nd.
The plan was to tour around Bangkok 23-25 December. A solid three days, with one being really jet lagged.
Transfer to siem reap on the 26th, very early in the AM. Tentative plan is to depart on the 29th. That leaves us a solid 2.5 days (or 2.25 days) to explore the temples.
On the 29th we would fly to Hanoi. Depart Hanoi late on the January 4. That gives us 6 days on the ground in Hanoi. Thinking that is enough time to take a day trip outside the city.
Bangkok - 3 days
Angkor Wat - 2.5 days
Hanoi - 6 days
I'm thinking that this is off. Add a day to Angkor Wat? And a day to Bangkok? Pull them from Hanoi....
We will fly between cities to minimize travel time. Those have not been booked yet, but that was my plan after I finalize hotels.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 2 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 3 50th Anniversary trip
- 4 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 5 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 6 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 7 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 8 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 9 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 10 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 11 Help - India take 2
- 12 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 13 CNX late arrival?
- 14 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 15 best singapore hotel
- 16 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 17 is this a good travel plan?
- 18 currency conversion
- 19 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 20 The truth about elephant tourism
- 21 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 22 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 23 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 24 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 25 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June