Plane tickets have been booked. It is my first trip to Asia and I'm taking Mom along. I'm sure I'll return, but mom is using her retirement funds sparingly and wants to see snapshots of the world. So, we are cramming these three cities into about 12-13 days. I *think* I've figured out how I am dividing up the cities, but want some advice before booking hotels.
Also, if you have any specific recs for hotels (private bath, AC, wifi are our "must haves") that would be great.
We arrive very late in Bangkok on 12/22. We have a tight layover in Tokyo, but I've been assured it is doable. We also have a layover in a winter city in the U.S....so hopefully no storms delaying us. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, we'll be in Bangkok by 11:30 pm on the 22nd.
The plan was to tour around Bangkok 23-25 December. A solid three days, with one being really jet lagged.
Transfer to siem reap on the 26th, very early in the AM. Tentative plan is to depart on the 29th. That leaves us a solid 2.5 days (or 2.25 days) to explore the temples.
On the 29th we would fly to Hanoi. Depart Hanoi late on the January 4. That gives us 6 days on the ground in Hanoi. Thinking that is enough time to take a day trip outside the city.
Bangkok - 3 days
Angkor Wat - 2.5 days
Hanoi - 6 days
I'm thinking that this is off. Add a day to Angkor Wat? And a day to Bangkok? Pull them from Hanoi....
We will fly between cities to minimize travel time. Those have not been booked yet, but that was my plan after I finalize hotels.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 2 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 3 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 4 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 5 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 6 Japan Rail Pass
- 7 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 8 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 9 Japan - costs
- 10 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 11 Sri Lanka May
- 12 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 13 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 14 Japan rough itinerary
- 15 Laos planning.
- 16 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 17 Japan for Foodies
- 18 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 19 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 20 One night in Osaka
- 21 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 22 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 23 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 24 Singapore weather in August/September
- 25 Across Uzbekistan with MIR