Plane tickets have been booked. It is my first trip to Asia and I'm taking Mom along. I'm sure I'll return, but mom is using her retirement funds sparingly and wants to see snapshots of the world. So, we are cramming these three cities into about 12-13 days. I *think* I've figured out how I am dividing up the cities, but want some advice before booking hotels.
Also, if you have any specific recs for hotels (private bath, AC, wifi are our "must haves") that would be great.
We arrive very late in Bangkok on 12/22. We have a tight layover in Tokyo, but I've been assured it is doable. We also have a layover in a winter city in the U.S....so hopefully no storms delaying us. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, we'll be in Bangkok by 11:30 pm on the 22nd.
The plan was to tour around Bangkok 23-25 December. A solid three days, with one being really jet lagged.
Transfer to siem reap on the 26th, very early in the AM. Tentative plan is to depart on the 29th. That leaves us a solid 2.5 days (or 2.25 days) to explore the temples.
On the 29th we would fly to Hanoi. Depart Hanoi late on the January 4. That gives us 6 days on the ground in Hanoi. Thinking that is enough time to take a day trip outside the city.
Bangkok - 3 days
Angkor Wat - 2.5 days
Hanoi - 6 days
I'm thinking that this is off. Add a day to Angkor Wat? And a day to Bangkok? Pull them from Hanoi....
We will fly between cities to minimize travel time. Those have not been booked yet, but that was my plan after I finalize hotels.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 2 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 3 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 4 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 5 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 6 Japan GTG, early April
- 7 Beijing tours
- 8 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 9 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 10 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 11 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 12 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 13 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 14 Takayama trail, Japan
- 15 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 16 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 17 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 18 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 19 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 20 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 21 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 22 Visa for India
- 23 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 24 Hútòng Walking
- 25 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos