i am going to be in bali / lombok for the better part of two weeks with my girlfriend at the beginning of october. i arrive on sunday evening (sadly, after sunset) and leave two saturdays later at night. the second week will be on lombok, 4 days hiking gunung rinjani and 3.5 days on the gili islands.
so here's my question: when i arrive, i can either spend sunday night and monday/monday night in seminyak or jimbaran, and then go to ubud early tuesday and spend tuesday, wed, thurs and much of friday in ubud (i have a flight to lombok at 7pm on friday). or i can just spend sunday evening in seminyak and go to ubud on monday in the late morning / early afternoon. ordinarily i'd be inclined to stay in seminyak or jimbaran and view it essentially as a day trip to a place outside of ubud, where i can get some beach time, relax and recover from my flight. but i've read so much about all there is to do in ubud that i sort of worry about not having enough time there. any suggestions?
for reference, i don't really care that much about dance performances or shopping for tourist knicknacks. and i can eat at high end italian restaurants nearer to home (i'd prefer to eat balinese food in bali). but that said, it's still hard to tell exactly how much there is to do in ubud and how much (if anything) there is to do in jimbaran or seminyak.
also, does anyone happen to know how convenient / inconvenient it is to get from the four seasons sayan in ubud to the town itself? i'd heard such good things about it that i'm thinking of staying there. but i generally don't like to go on vacation just to stay on my hotel grounds, so if that's the main point then i'd probably avoid it.
thanks so much in advance!
Bali question: Ubud / Seminyak
- 1 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 2 Southern India and Sri Lanka
- 3 Off on a Bangkok holiday once again!
- 4 Change plans for Thailand in February because of political situation?
- 5 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 6 Southern India and Nepal - recommendations please
- 7 Thursdaysd's South Asian Sojourn
- 8 Macau Trip- Information Needed!
- 9 ...or maybe India?
- 10 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 11 3 countries 3 1/2 weeks
- 12 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 13 which street food tour in Hanoi?
- 14 By Sea -Diu to Daman
- 15 Medical Evacuation Insurance
- 16 Looking for help to plan trip to Vietnam
- 17 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 18 SALAY from BAGAN
- 19 Anyone in Bangkok
- 20 Taking cash to Burma/Myanmar
- 21 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 22 India Visa
- 23 Bangkok in 3 days?
- 24 1st Time to Japan - 14 Day Itinerary for May - Your Feedback Appreciated!!
- 25 I miss Mongolia