i am going to be in bali / lombok for the better part of two weeks with my girlfriend at the beginning of october. i arrive on sunday evening (sadly, after sunset) and leave two saturdays later at night. the second week will be on lombok, 4 days hiking gunung rinjani and 3.5 days on the gili islands.
so here's my question: when i arrive, i can either spend sunday night and monday/monday night in seminyak or jimbaran, and then go to ubud early tuesday and spend tuesday, wed, thurs and much of friday in ubud (i have a flight to lombok at 7pm on friday). or i can just spend sunday evening in seminyak and go to ubud on monday in the late morning / early afternoon. ordinarily i'd be inclined to stay in seminyak or jimbaran and view it essentially as a day trip to a place outside of ubud, where i can get some beach time, relax and recover from my flight. but i've read so much about all there is to do in ubud that i sort of worry about not having enough time there. any suggestions?
for reference, i don't really care that much about dance performances or shopping for tourist knicknacks. and i can eat at high end italian restaurants nearer to home (i'd prefer to eat balinese food in bali). but that said, it's still hard to tell exactly how much there is to do in ubud and how much (if anything) there is to do in jimbaran or seminyak.
also, does anyone happen to know how convenient / inconvenient it is to get from the four seasons sayan in ubud to the town itself? i'd heard such good things about it that i'm thinking of staying there. but i generally don't like to go on vacation just to stay on my hotel grounds, so if that's the main point then i'd probably avoid it.
thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Uodated and Hopefully Final itinerary- Would love Feedback!!
- 2 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 3 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 4 Visiting China - must be tour
- 5 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 6 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 7 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 8 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 9 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 10 Best Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- 11 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 12 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 13 India Trip Report
- 14 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 15 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 17 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 18 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 19 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 20 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 21 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 22 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 23 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
- 24 An island paradise?
- 25 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand