i am going to be in bali / lombok for the better part of two weeks with my girlfriend at the beginning of october. i arrive on sunday evening (sadly, after sunset) and leave two saturdays later at night. the second week will be on lombok, 4 days hiking gunung rinjani and 3.5 days on the gili islands.
so here's my question: when i arrive, i can either spend sunday night and monday/monday night in seminyak or jimbaran, and then go to ubud early tuesday and spend tuesday, wed, thurs and much of friday in ubud (i have a flight to lombok at 7pm on friday). or i can just spend sunday evening in seminyak and go to ubud on monday in the late morning / early afternoon. ordinarily i'd be inclined to stay in seminyak or jimbaran and view it essentially as a day trip to a place outside of ubud, where i can get some beach time, relax and recover from my flight. but i've read so much about all there is to do in ubud that i sort of worry about not having enough time there. any suggestions?
for reference, i don't really care that much about dance performances or shopping for tourist knicknacks. and i can eat at high end italian restaurants nearer to home (i'd prefer to eat balinese food in bali). but that said, it's still hard to tell exactly how much there is to do in ubud and how much (if anything) there is to do in jimbaran or seminyak.
also, does anyone happen to know how convenient / inconvenient it is to get from the four seasons sayan in ubud to the town itself? i'd heard such good things about it that i'm thinking of staying there. but i generally don't like to go on vacation just to stay on my hotel grounds, so if that's the main point then i'd probably avoid it.
thanks so much in advance!
Bali question: Ubud / Seminyak
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Connaught Place
- 2 Nepal- recipe?
- 3 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 4 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 5 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 6 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 7 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 8 My SEA trip - photos update
- 9 vietnam and laos
- 10 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 11 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 12 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 13 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 14 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 15 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 16 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 17 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans
- 18 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 19 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 20 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 21 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 22 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 23 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 24 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 25 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary