i am going to be in bali / lombok for the better part of two weeks with my girlfriend at the beginning of october. i arrive on sunday evening (sadly, after sunset) and leave two saturdays later at night. the second week will be on lombok, 4 days hiking gunung rinjani and 3.5 days on the gili islands.
so here's my question: when i arrive, i can either spend sunday night and monday/monday night in seminyak or jimbaran, and then go to ubud early tuesday and spend tuesday, wed, thurs and much of friday in ubud (i have a flight to lombok at 7pm on friday). or i can just spend sunday evening in seminyak and go to ubud on monday in the late morning / early afternoon. ordinarily i'd be inclined to stay in seminyak or jimbaran and view it essentially as a day trip to a place outside of ubud, where i can get some beach time, relax and recover from my flight. but i've read so much about all there is to do in ubud that i sort of worry about not having enough time there. any suggestions?
for reference, i don't really care that much about dance performances or shopping for tourist knicknacks. and i can eat at high end italian restaurants nearer to home (i'd prefer to eat balinese food in bali). but that said, it's still hard to tell exactly how much there is to do in ubud and how much (if anything) there is to do in jimbaran or seminyak.
also, does anyone happen to know how convenient / inconvenient it is to get from the four seasons sayan in ubud to the town itself? i'd heard such good things about it that i'm thinking of staying there. but i generally don't like to go on vacation just to stay on my hotel grounds, so if that's the main point then i'd probably avoid it.
thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 CANON@ printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h Care 24x7
- 2 HOTMAIL@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h Care 24x7
- 3 New way explore in Saigon
- 4 Planning for India - comments please
- 5 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 6 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 7 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 8 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 9 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 10 Japan rough itinerary
- 11 shanghai for 4 days
- 12 Budget Servied Apt
- 13 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 14 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 15 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 17 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 18 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 19 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 20 Something about... Malaysia
- 21 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 22 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids
- 23 Layover in Seoul with a dog?
- 24 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 25 Tour Companies for Vietnam trip