i am going to be in bali / lombok for the better part of two weeks with my girlfriend at the beginning of october. i arrive on sunday evening (sadly, after sunset) and leave two saturdays later at night. the second week will be on lombok, 4 days hiking gunung rinjani and 3.5 days on the gili islands.
so here's my question: when i arrive, i can either spend sunday night and monday/monday night in seminyak or jimbaran, and then go to ubud early tuesday and spend tuesday, wed, thurs and much of friday in ubud (i have a flight to lombok at 7pm on friday). or i can just spend sunday evening in seminyak and go to ubud on monday in the late morning / early afternoon. ordinarily i'd be inclined to stay in seminyak or jimbaran and view it essentially as a day trip to a place outside of ubud, where i can get some beach time, relax and recover from my flight. but i've read so much about all there is to do in ubud that i sort of worry about not having enough time there. any suggestions?
for reference, i don't really care that much about dance performances or shopping for tourist knicknacks. and i can eat at high end italian restaurants nearer to home (i'd prefer to eat balinese food in bali). but that said, it's still hard to tell exactly how much there is to do in ubud and how much (if anything) there is to do in jimbaran or seminyak.
also, does anyone happen to know how convenient / inconvenient it is to get from the four seasons sayan in ubud to the town itself? i'd heard such good things about it that i'm thinking of staying there. but i generally don't like to go on vacation just to stay on my hotel grounds, so if that's the main point then i'd probably avoid it.
thanks so much in advance!
Bali question: Ubud / Seminyak
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 2 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 3 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 4 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 5 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 6 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 7 1st time Japan - solo female
- 8 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 9 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 10 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 11 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 12 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 13 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 14 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 15 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 16 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 17 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 18 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 19 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 20 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 21 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 22 Japan Itinerary for May
- 23 Thai island escape
- 24 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 25 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed