i am going to be in bali / lombok for the better part of two weeks with my girlfriend at the beginning of october. i arrive on sunday evening (sadly, after sunset) and leave two saturdays later at night. the second week will be on lombok, 4 days hiking gunung rinjani and 3.5 days on the gili islands.
so here's my question: when i arrive, i can either spend sunday night and monday/monday night in seminyak or jimbaran, and then go to ubud early tuesday and spend tuesday, wed, thurs and much of friday in ubud (i have a flight to lombok at 7pm on friday). or i can just spend sunday evening in seminyak and go to ubud on monday in the late morning / early afternoon. ordinarily i'd be inclined to stay in seminyak or jimbaran and view it essentially as a day trip to a place outside of ubud, where i can get some beach time, relax and recover from my flight. but i've read so much about all there is to do in ubud that i sort of worry about not having enough time there. any suggestions?
for reference, i don't really care that much about dance performances or shopping for tourist knicknacks. and i can eat at high end italian restaurants nearer to home (i'd prefer to eat balinese food in bali). but that said, it's still hard to tell exactly how much there is to do in ubud and how much (if anything) there is to do in jimbaran or seminyak.
also, does anyone happen to know how convenient / inconvenient it is to get from the four seasons sayan in ubud to the town itself? i'd heard such good things about it that i'm thinking of staying there. but i generally don't like to go on vacation just to stay on my hotel grounds, so if that's the main point then i'd probably avoid it.
thanks so much in advance!
Bali question: Ubud / Seminyak
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 North Vietnam Again!
- 2 Passport Safety
- 3 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 4 Independent female traveller
- 5 Castle & King
- 6 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 7 Mt Aso Eruption
- 8 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 9 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 10 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 11 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 12 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 13 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 14 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 15 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 16 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 17 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 18 One week in India
- 19 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 20 End of March - Seeking a fabulous ryokan relatively near Tokyo for 2 nights
- 21 Bangkok airport taxi options
- 22 Complex Travel Group - Doable? Safe?
- 23 6 nights at Bahdhavgahr, or split between Bandhavgarg and Kanha?
- 24 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 25 Borneo or Sri Lanka for vacation?