i am going to be in bali / lombok for the better part of two weeks with my girlfriend at the beginning of october. i arrive on sunday evening (sadly, after sunset) and leave two saturdays later at night. the second week will be on lombok, 4 days hiking gunung rinjani and 3.5 days on the gili islands.
so here's my question: when i arrive, i can either spend sunday night and monday/monday night in seminyak or jimbaran, and then go to ubud early tuesday and spend tuesday, wed, thurs and much of friday in ubud (i have a flight to lombok at 7pm on friday). or i can just spend sunday evening in seminyak and go to ubud on monday in the late morning / early afternoon. ordinarily i'd be inclined to stay in seminyak or jimbaran and view it essentially as a day trip to a place outside of ubud, where i can get some beach time, relax and recover from my flight. but i've read so much about all there is to do in ubud that i sort of worry about not having enough time there. any suggestions?
for reference, i don't really care that much about dance performances or shopping for tourist knicknacks. and i can eat at high end italian restaurants nearer to home (i'd prefer to eat balinese food in bali). but that said, it's still hard to tell exactly how much there is to do in ubud and how much (if anything) there is to do in jimbaran or seminyak.
also, does anyone happen to know how convenient / inconvenient it is to get from the four seasons sayan in ubud to the town itself? i'd heard such good things about it that i'm thinking of staying there. but i generally don't like to go on vacation just to stay on my hotel grounds, so if that's the main point then i'd probably avoid it.
thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 2 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 3 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 4 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 5 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 6 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 7 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 8 China visa 60 day limit--leave for weekend?
- 9 Hoi An in December?
- 10 Bali airport transportation
- 11 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 12 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 13 Passport for Indonesia
- 14 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 15 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 16 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 17 Is this crazy?
- 18 Dollar traveller cheques
- 19 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 20 India help with where to go
- 21 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 22 Getting to Hoi An from Hue
- 23 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 24 Halong Bay cruise
- 25 How to plan our itinerary in Japan