I am going to Bali the first week of October for 7 nights. I have booked 3 in Ubud at the Hanging Gardens, now need to book the other 3. Will probably do night 1 at somewhere inexpensive near the airport as our flight arrives at 2am. As we are spending 3 nights in the Ubud area, my husband wants the others by a beach. I am content to do more days in the jungle, but he'd rather mix things up.
A friend recently went to Jimbaran Puri and said the beach was awful, so that one is out of contention. We like the beach, but I want to be somewhere I'm not limited to eating at the resort and can stroll around, so it seems Seminyak is a better choice. Not interested in Nusa Dua or something thta doesn't make me feel like I'm in Bali...no westins, conrads. Thoughts on the Ayana? Seems a bit big, but the rates are decent. Some other hotels that seemed interestng were the Oberoi, Ulin Villas and Tugu. The Oberoi however is not villas (we'd be in the cheapest level room) . Do these still feel quiet and private? Suggestions welcome- preferably not over $400 USD a night. I'm tempted to splurge on the Alili Soori as a friend recommended it...but it seems a bit wasteful. I don't need a 3000 sq foot villa.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 2 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 3 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 4 Best Indian food in Bangkok?
- 5 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 6 Japan Rail Pass
- 7 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 8 Sri Lanka May
- 9 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 10 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 11 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 12 Bali,Java,Borneo 3 weeks
- 13 Japan rough itinerary
- 14 Laos planning.
- 15 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 16 Japan for Foodies
- 17 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 18 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 19 One night in Osaka
- 20 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 21 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 22 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 23 Singapore weather in August/September
- 24 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 25 First time going abroad