I am going to Bali the first week of October for 7 nights. I have booked 3 in Ubud at the Hanging Gardens, now need to book the other 3. Will probably do night 1 at somewhere inexpensive near the airport as our flight arrives at 2am. As we are spending 3 nights in the Ubud area, my husband wants the others by a beach. I am content to do more days in the jungle, but he'd rather mix things up.
A friend recently went to Jimbaran Puri and said the beach was awful, so that one is out of contention. We like the beach, but I want to be somewhere I'm not limited to eating at the resort and can stroll around, so it seems Seminyak is a better choice. Not interested in Nusa Dua or something thta doesn't make me feel like I'm in Bali...no westins, conrads. Thoughts on the Ayana? Seems a bit big, but the rates are decent. Some other hotels that seemed interestng were the Oberoi, Ulin Villas and Tugu. The Oberoi however is not villas (we'd be in the cheapest level room) . Do these still feel quiet and private? Suggestions welcome- preferably not over $400 USD a night. I'm tempted to splurge on the Alili Soori as a friend recommended it...but it seems a bit wasteful. I don't need a 3000 sq foot villa.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 bus 97 . com /***/ 바카라게임사이트 /***/ 카지노게임 /***/
- 2 Japan GTG, early April
- 3 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 4 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 5 Beijing tours
- 6 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 9 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 10 Takayama trail, Japan
- 11 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 12 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 13 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 14 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 15 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 16 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 17 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 18 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 19 Visa for India
- 20 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 21 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 22 Hútòng Walking
- 23 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos
- 24 Singapore SAEX bus service question
- 25 21 Hours in Hong Kong