I originally posted asking about Sanur v. Jimbaran. Based on responses I received, we've decided against sanur and are now trying to decide between Seminyak (Sofitel)and Jimbaran (Intercontinental) for the beach part of our Bali trip. We had initially thought of Jimbaran because the beach seemed prettier & whiter and the area seemed more laid-back & more my image of Bali, though I'm having trouble finding photos of either area other than hotel photos. Marmot & KimJapan have both suggested Seminyak because of the nice shops & wide choice of good restaurants, and it is nice to be able to take a walk from the hotel to do some shopping & browsing without having to make it a day trip. On the other hand, we want to feel like we are in Bali & not a generic beach resort that could be anywhere. Can anyone give me more of a feel for these two areas? How commercial and "western" is Seminyak?
Bali Beach area - Seminyak or Jimbaran?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali - recommendations for car and driver?
- 2 Tourist Visa for France/UK
- 3 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 4 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 5 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 6 Indonesian visa update
- 7 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 8 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 9 Destination Bangkok, again
- 10 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 11 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 12 Vietnam October 2014
- 13 Distance from Tokyo to port of Yokohama
- 14 Interesting article about "Good News" being tweeted about Tibet
- 15 Shoes for 6 inches of water
- 16 Help us fill our blank itinerary: 1 week in China
- 17 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 18 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 19 3 days in Teheran
- 20 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 21 £0 day visa exempt - 30 day extension
- 22 Myranmar VISA
- 23 new visa fees for Indonesia as of mid-July, 2014
- 24 slightly... paranoid parent
- 25 Takayama vs. Matsumoto