My boyfriend and I will be flying into Singapore from NYC (arriving on 12/23/13) to visit a good friend. We are planning on spending 3 days in Singapore. After that, we're stuck on where to spend the next 6 days. We can either fly out of Singapore or Thailand on 1/1/2014. We are considering the following:
a) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (6 days), or
b) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (3 days) + Bangkok (3 days), or
c) Singapore (3 days) + Bangkok & Krabi (or some other beachy location) for 6 days
We are in our early 30's and are very active. We love hiking, bicycling, exploring local neigborhoods, and being close to nature. We also love good food (both high-end and cheap eats). We would love to spend all 6 days in Bali (split between Seminyak and Ubud) but we're somewhat worried about the rainy season and possibly getting rained out the whole time. We'd love to stay in a villa with private pool in Bali, but given the possible rain, not sure it is the best idea to splurge on the lodging if we won't get to make the most out of the villa. Since December is a pretty good time, weather-wise, for Bangkok, we thought maybe we can add that as a "safety" destination.
Do you think splitting the 9 days between Singapore, Bali and Bangkok is too much? Should we spend the 6 days in Bali hoping for the best? Or do we go for the safer option and spend the 6 days in Thailand?
Your comments/insight will be most appreciated!
Bali and/or Thailand in December 2013?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Can I arrive 5 days earlier then stated on VISA application?
- 2 Considering a month in Hong Kong - Feb/15. Any apartment suggestions?
- 3 Reading Suggestion for Burma
- 4 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 5 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 6 Thailand Hotel HELP
- 7 T Money or Seoul City Pass Plus
- 8 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 9 Bangkok GTG early November ?
- 10 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 11 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 12 Travel during China national week?
- 13 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 14 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 15 A wow spot
- 16 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 17 When to go to Japan in April 2015 (blossoms but avoiding Golden Week)
- 18 Burma (Myanmar) proposed itinerary
- 19 climbing in Vietnam
- 20 Vegan food in Japan?
- 21 A quick breakfast in Hong Kong
- 22 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 23 Thailand and Southeast Asia - Advice for Lone Female
- 24 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 25 Which Thai island: Ko Phangan, Ko Koh Kao - or another island???