My boyfriend and I will be flying into Singapore from NYC (arriving on 12/23/13) to visit a good friend. We are planning on spending 3 days in Singapore. After that, we're stuck on where to spend the next 6 days. We can either fly out of Singapore or Thailand on 1/1/2014. We are considering the following:
a) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (6 days), or
b) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (3 days) + Bangkok (3 days), or
c) Singapore (3 days) + Bangkok & Krabi (or some other beachy location) for 6 days
We are in our early 30's and are very active. We love hiking, bicycling, exploring local neigborhoods, and being close to nature. We also love good food (both high-end and cheap eats). We would love to spend all 6 days in Bali (split between Seminyak and Ubud) but we're somewhat worried about the rainy season and possibly getting rained out the whole time. We'd love to stay in a villa with private pool in Bali, but given the possible rain, not sure it is the best idea to splurge on the lodging if we won't get to make the most out of the villa. Since December is a pretty good time, weather-wise, for Bangkok, we thought maybe we can add that as a "safety" destination.
Do you think splitting the 9 days between Singapore, Bali and Bangkok is too much? Should we spend the 6 days in Bali hoping for the best? Or do we go for the safer option and spend the 6 days in Thailand?
Your comments/insight will be most appreciated!
Bali and/or Thailand in December 2013?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How to handle cash in Japan
- 2 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 3 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 4 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 5 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 6 Photos from India!
- 7 Great Wall hike
- 8 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 9 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 10 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer
- 11 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 12 Six days in Hong Kong
- 13 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 14 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 15 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 16 Storing photos while traveling
- 17 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 18 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 19 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 20 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 21 BANGKOK HOTELS
- 22 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 23 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 24 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 25 where is this place in macao?