My boyfriend and I will be flying into Singapore from NYC (arriving on 12/23/13) to visit a good friend. We are planning on spending 3 days in Singapore. After that, we're stuck on where to spend the next 6 days. We can either fly out of Singapore or Thailand on 1/1/2014. We are considering the following:
a) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (6 days), or
b) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (3 days) + Bangkok (3 days), or
c) Singapore (3 days) + Bangkok & Krabi (or some other beachy location) for 6 days
We are in our early 30's and are very active. We love hiking, bicycling, exploring local neigborhoods, and being close to nature. We also love good food (both high-end and cheap eats). We would love to spend all 6 days in Bali (split between Seminyak and Ubud) but we're somewhat worried about the rainy season and possibly getting rained out the whole time. We'd love to stay in a villa with private pool in Bali, but given the possible rain, not sure it is the best idea to splurge on the lodging if we won't get to make the most out of the villa. Since December is a pretty good time, weather-wise, for Bangkok, we thought maybe we can add that as a "safety" destination.
Do you think splitting the 9 days between Singapore, Bali and Bangkok is too much? Should we spend the 6 days in Bali hoping for the best? Or do we go for the safer option and spend the 6 days in Thailand?
Your comments/insight will be most appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan itinerary advice
- 2 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 3 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 4 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 5 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 6 Trip Report : China
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 9 Japan GTG, early April
- 10 Other than Kyoto?
- 11 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 12 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 13 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 14 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 15 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 16 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 17 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 18 Beijing tours
- 19 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 20 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 21 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 22 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 23 A great trip in India
- 24 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 25 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo