My boyfriend and I will be flying into Singapore from NYC (arriving on 12/23/13) to visit a good friend. We are planning on spending 3 days in Singapore. After that, we're stuck on where to spend the next 6 days. We can either fly out of Singapore or Thailand on 1/1/2014. We are considering the following:
a) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (6 days), or
b) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (3 days) + Bangkok (3 days), or
c) Singapore (3 days) + Bangkok & Krabi (or some other beachy location) for 6 days
We are in our early 30's and are very active. We love hiking, bicycling, exploring local neigborhoods, and being close to nature. We also love good food (both high-end and cheap eats). We would love to spend all 6 days in Bali (split between Seminyak and Ubud) but we're somewhat worried about the rainy season and possibly getting rained out the whole time. We'd love to stay in a villa with private pool in Bali, but given the possible rain, not sure it is the best idea to splurge on the lodging if we won't get to make the most out of the villa. Since December is a pretty good time, weather-wise, for Bangkok, we thought maybe we can add that as a "safety" destination.
Do you think splitting the 9 days between Singapore, Bali and Bangkok is too much? Should we spend the 6 days in Bali hoping for the best? Or do we go for the safer option and spend the 6 days in Thailand?
Your comments/insight will be most appreciated!
Bali and/or Thailand in December 2013?
- 1 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 2 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 3 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 4 Bangkok restaurant or unique experience for anniversary
- 5 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 6 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 7 Magical India
- 8 Overwhelmed by info...First time in Philippines...What Island
- 9 Hotel Majestic-Saigon
- 10 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 11 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 12 South East Asia
- 13 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 14 Questions -> Ko Phi Phi - 4 nights
- 15 A Day Trip To Kanchipuram
- 16 recommendations for tour company for private myanmar tour
- 17 Kathie's Burma Bookshelf
- 18 Considering extending my trip! Please help me figure this out
- 19 Indian Visa
- 20 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 21 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 22 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 23 Suggestions for additional temples near Angkor (Siem Reap)?
- 24 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 25 India Visa - Does TRAVISA handle dealing with BLS International?