My boyfriend and I will be flying into Singapore from NYC (arriving on 12/23/13) to visit a good friend. We are planning on spending 3 days in Singapore. After that, we're stuck on where to spend the next 6 days. We can either fly out of Singapore or Thailand on 1/1/2014. We are considering the following:
a) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (6 days), or
b) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (3 days) + Bangkok (3 days), or
c) Singapore (3 days) + Bangkok & Krabi (or some other beachy location) for 6 days
We are in our early 30's and are very active. We love hiking, bicycling, exploring local neigborhoods, and being close to nature. We also love good food (both high-end and cheap eats). We would love to spend all 6 days in Bali (split between Seminyak and Ubud) but we're somewhat worried about the rainy season and possibly getting rained out the whole time. We'd love to stay in a villa with private pool in Bali, but given the possible rain, not sure it is the best idea to splurge on the lodging if we won't get to make the most out of the villa. Since December is a pretty good time, weather-wise, for Bangkok, we thought maybe we can add that as a "safety" destination.
Do you think splitting the 9 days between Singapore, Bali and Bangkok is too much? Should we spend the 6 days in Bali hoping for the best? Or do we go for the safer option and spend the 6 days in Thailand?
Your comments/insight will be most appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Original/fake Passports , work permit,etc
- 2 Georgia e-visa application
- 3 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 4 where to stay in Busan
- 5 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 6 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 7 First time to India
- 8 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 9 Thai Jungle Experience
- 10 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 11 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 12 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 13 First time getting out of the country
- 14 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 15 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 16 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 17 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 18 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 19 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 20 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 21 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 22 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 23 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 24 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 25 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report