My boyfriend and I will be flying into Singapore from NYC (arriving on 12/23/13) to visit a good friend. We are planning on spending 3 days in Singapore. After that, we're stuck on where to spend the next 6 days. We can either fly out of Singapore or Thailand on 1/1/2014. We are considering the following:
a) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (6 days), or
b) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (3 days) + Bangkok (3 days), or
c) Singapore (3 days) + Bangkok & Krabi (or some other beachy location) for 6 days
We are in our early 30's and are very active. We love hiking, bicycling, exploring local neigborhoods, and being close to nature. We also love good food (both high-end and cheap eats). We would love to spend all 6 days in Bali (split between Seminyak and Ubud) but we're somewhat worried about the rainy season and possibly getting rained out the whole time. We'd love to stay in a villa with private pool in Bali, but given the possible rain, not sure it is the best idea to splurge on the lodging if we won't get to make the most out of the villa. Since December is a pretty good time, weather-wise, for Bangkok, we thought maybe we can add that as a "safety" destination.
Do you think splitting the 9 days between Singapore, Bali and Bangkok is too much? Should we spend the 6 days in Bali hoping for the best? Or do we go for the safer option and spend the 6 days in Thailand?
Your comments/insight will be most appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 2 Kuala Lumpur & Penang
- 3 traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help
- 4 Business class on JAL
- 5 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 6 Mumbai and tiger trek
- 7 First Time in Thailand Trip Report - Bangkok & Surin Beach, Phuket
- 8 Trekking in Tsum Valley Nepal with Great Vision Treks&Expedition
- 9 Need some planning information for Sri lanka trip
- 10 Sri Lanka itinerary questions and beach resort whale watching
- 11 Kunming, Yunnan, China
- 12 What beach to choose?!?!
- 13 Borobudur and Yogyakarta - How long?
- 14 Good Honeymoon Location in August 2015 on a budget
- 15 Private guides & drivers in China
- 16 Dogster: The Great Stumble Forward - India
- 17 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 18 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?
- 19 Transit between International flight and domestic at Narita airport
- 20 Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia in June
- 21 Traffic in Hanoi
- 22 Beaches a few hours from Bangkok
- 23 Japan Travel - Alone?
- 24 3 day in Hanoi, what’s worth to do?
- 25 4 hour Hong Kong layover