My boyfriend and I will be flying into Singapore from NYC (arriving on 12/23/13) to visit a good friend. We are planning on spending 3 days in Singapore. After that, we're stuck on where to spend the next 6 days. We can either fly out of Singapore or Thailand on 1/1/2014. We are considering the following:
a) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (6 days), or
b) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (3 days) + Bangkok (3 days), or
c) Singapore (3 days) + Bangkok & Krabi (or some other beachy location) for 6 days
We are in our early 30's and are very active. We love hiking, bicycling, exploring local neigborhoods, and being close to nature. We also love good food (both high-end and cheap eats). We would love to spend all 6 days in Bali (split between Seminyak and Ubud) but we're somewhat worried about the rainy season and possibly getting rained out the whole time. We'd love to stay in a villa with private pool in Bali, but given the possible rain, not sure it is the best idea to splurge on the lodging if we won't get to make the most out of the villa. Since December is a pretty good time, weather-wise, for Bangkok, we thought maybe we can add that as a "safety" destination.
Do you think splitting the 9 days between Singapore, Bali and Bangkok is too much? Should we spend the 6 days in Bali hoping for the best? Or do we go for the safer option and spend the 6 days in Thailand?
Your comments/insight will be most appreciated!
Bali and/or Thailand in December 2013?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 2 Travelling Plan to Ooty from Bangalore By Train India
- 3 Christmas Time in India
- 4 Estimating hours on road - Samcheok to Gyeongju to Daejeon in one day?
- 5 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 6 Japiur - 2 days - hotel, restaurant, shopping recommendations needed!
- 7 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 8 Myanmar podcast
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 10 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 11 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 12 Chiang Mai, Thailand airport departure tax
- 13 Burma with a toddler
- 14 Having doubts with China
- 15 .INDONESIA, ETC...great new book!
- 16 Where have you be able to find your small denomination pristine currency?
- 17 I have 6 nights end of Nov Beg of December - ImTHINKING.....
- 18 Bali wedding in villa
- 19 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 20 beaches in Thailand
- 21 The world's biggest cave in Vietnam?
- 22 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 23 Escorted Tour of Vietnam
- 24 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 25 South Korea, 7th World Water Forum - April 2015