My boyfriend and I will be flying into Singapore from NYC (arriving on 12/23/13) to visit a good friend. We are planning on spending 3 days in Singapore. After that, we're stuck on where to spend the next 6 days. We can either fly out of Singapore or Thailand on 1/1/2014. We are considering the following:
a) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (6 days), or
b) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (3 days) + Bangkok (3 days), or
c) Singapore (3 days) + Bangkok & Krabi (or some other beachy location) for 6 days
We are in our early 30's and are very active. We love hiking, bicycling, exploring local neigborhoods, and being close to nature. We also love good food (both high-end and cheap eats). We would love to spend all 6 days in Bali (split between Seminyak and Ubud) but we're somewhat worried about the rainy season and possibly getting rained out the whole time. We'd love to stay in a villa with private pool in Bali, but given the possible rain, not sure it is the best idea to splurge on the lodging if we won't get to make the most out of the villa. Since December is a pretty good time, weather-wise, for Bangkok, we thought maybe we can add that as a "safety" destination.
Do you think splitting the 9 days between Singapore, Bali and Bangkok is too much? Should we spend the 6 days in Bali hoping for the best? Or do we go for the safer option and spend the 6 days in Thailand?
Your comments/insight will be most appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A train ride through Java
- 2 Tour group for Cambodia and Vietnam or Myanmar?
- 3 hanoi eats
- 4 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 5 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 6 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 7 One week in the Philippines -suggestions needed
- 8 Kyoto, Nara, Osaka - 9 days
- 9 Malaysia travel route help!
- 10 3 weeks itinerary China
- 11 Just back from Sabah, Borneo -- Trip report!!!
- 12 Yangon Made Easy
- 13 JAPANiCAN.com
- 14 Hakone Volcano Warning
- 15 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 16 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 17 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 18 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 19 Best french restaurant in Hong Kong?
- 20 New Delhi - What to see?
- 21 Tokyo Hotels Etc.
- 22 Travel in Kyushu.
- 23 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 24 Tour Guide for Jewish Tour of Cochin
- 25 Bicycle riding required?