My boyfriend and I will be flying into Singapore from NYC (arriving on 12/23/13) to visit a good friend. We are planning on spending 3 days in Singapore. After that, we're stuck on where to spend the next 6 days. We can either fly out of Singapore or Thailand on 1/1/2014. We are considering the following:
a) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (6 days), or
b) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (3 days) + Bangkok (3 days), or
c) Singapore (3 days) + Bangkok & Krabi (or some other beachy location) for 6 days
We are in our early 30's and are very active. We love hiking, bicycling, exploring local neigborhoods, and being close to nature. We also love good food (both high-end and cheap eats). We would love to spend all 6 days in Bali (split between Seminyak and Ubud) but we're somewhat worried about the rainy season and possibly getting rained out the whole time. We'd love to stay in a villa with private pool in Bali, but given the possible rain, not sure it is the best idea to splurge on the lodging if we won't get to make the most out of the villa. Since December is a pretty good time, weather-wise, for Bangkok, we thought maybe we can add that as a "safety" destination.
Do you think splitting the 9 days between Singapore, Bali and Bangkok is too much? Should we spend the 6 days in Bali hoping for the best? Or do we go for the safer option and spend the 6 days in Thailand?
Your comments/insight will be most appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 2 Japan trip- itinerary
- 3 Synthetic Hotel Furniture
- 4 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 5 Safari in India to Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Corbett; plus Delhi & Agra
- 6 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 7 Singapore Air non-stop SFO-SIN to start in October
- 8 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 9 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 10 Halong Bay cruise
- 11 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 12 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 13 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 14 Is this crazy?
- 15 In Seoul for one day
- 16 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 17 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 18 India help with where to go
- 19 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 20 Hong Kong / Bangkok / Seoul / Tokyo
- 21 Taxis in Yangon
- 22 Feb 17 Itinenary (Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia)
- 23 144 Hour Visa Exception China
- 24 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 25 Shanghai Tailor?