My boyfriend and I will be flying into Singapore from NYC (arriving on 12/23/13) to visit a good friend. We are planning on spending 3 days in Singapore. After that, we're stuck on where to spend the next 6 days. We can either fly out of Singapore or Thailand on 1/1/2014. We are considering the following:
a) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (6 days), or
b) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (3 days) + Bangkok (3 days), or
c) Singapore (3 days) + Bangkok & Krabi (or some other beachy location) for 6 days
We are in our early 30's and are very active. We love hiking, bicycling, exploring local neigborhoods, and being close to nature. We also love good food (both high-end and cheap eats). We would love to spend all 6 days in Bali (split between Seminyak and Ubud) but we're somewhat worried about the rainy season and possibly getting rained out the whole time. We'd love to stay in a villa with private pool in Bali, but given the possible rain, not sure it is the best idea to splurge on the lodging if we won't get to make the most out of the villa. Since December is a pretty good time, weather-wise, for Bangkok, we thought maybe we can add that as a "safety" destination.
Do you think splitting the 9 days between Singapore, Bali and Bangkok is too much? Should we spend the 6 days in Bali hoping for the best? Or do we go for the safer option and spend the 6 days in Thailand?
Your comments/insight will be most appreciated!
Bali and/or Thailand in December 2013?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 2 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 3 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 4 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 5 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 6 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 7 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 8 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul
- 9 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 10 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 11 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 12 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 13 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 14 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 15 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 16 Kashmir today
- 17 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 18 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 19 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 20 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 21 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 22 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 23 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 24 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 25 Luang Prabang Waterfall