My boyfriend and I will be flying into Singapore from NYC (arriving on 12/23/13) to visit a good friend. We are planning on spending 3 days in Singapore. After that, we're stuck on where to spend the next 6 days. We can either fly out of Singapore or Thailand on 1/1/2014. We are considering the following:
a) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (6 days), or
b) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (3 days) + Bangkok (3 days), or
c) Singapore (3 days) + Bangkok & Krabi (or some other beachy location) for 6 days
We are in our early 30's and are very active. We love hiking, bicycling, exploring local neigborhoods, and being close to nature. We also love good food (both high-end and cheap eats). We would love to spend all 6 days in Bali (split between Seminyak and Ubud) but we're somewhat worried about the rainy season and possibly getting rained out the whole time. We'd love to stay in a villa with private pool in Bali, but given the possible rain, not sure it is the best idea to splurge on the lodging if we won't get to make the most out of the villa. Since December is a pretty good time, weather-wise, for Bangkok, we thought maybe we can add that as a "safety" destination.
Do you think splitting the 9 days between Singapore, Bali and Bangkok is too much? Should we spend the 6 days in Bali hoping for the best? Or do we go for the safer option and spend the 6 days in Thailand?
Your comments/insight will be most appreciated!
Bali and/or Thailand in December 2013?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Manila airport passenger terminal fee upon departure
- 2 best dining in Kyoto
- 3 Trip report from Phu Quoc in Vietnam
- 4 India travel agency/tour operator recommendations-OAT? WorldSpree?
- 5 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 6 Kathie's 2007 Adventures in Sri lanka
- 7 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 8 Colombo
- 9 GSM Unlocked Phone in Bangkok - Nexus 6?
- 10 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 11 Cu Chi tunnels claustrophobia
- 12 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 13 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 14 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 15 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 16 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 17 6 Hour Layover in Ho Chi Minh
- 18 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 19 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 20 Nepal- recipe?
- 21 China trip - 15 nights
- 22 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 23 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 24 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 25 Traveling India in 8 Months