My boyfriend and I will be flying into Singapore from NYC (arriving on 12/23/13) to visit a good friend. We are planning on spending 3 days in Singapore. After that, we're stuck on where to spend the next 6 days. We can either fly out of Singapore or Thailand on 1/1/2014. We are considering the following:
a) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (6 days), or
b) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (3 days) + Bangkok (3 days), or
c) Singapore (3 days) + Bangkok & Krabi (or some other beachy location) for 6 days
We are in our early 30's and are very active. We love hiking, bicycling, exploring local neigborhoods, and being close to nature. We also love good food (both high-end and cheap eats). We would love to spend all 6 days in Bali (split between Seminyak and Ubud) but we're somewhat worried about the rainy season and possibly getting rained out the whole time. We'd love to stay in a villa with private pool in Bali, but given the possible rain, not sure it is the best idea to splurge on the lodging if we won't get to make the most out of the villa. Since December is a pretty good time, weather-wise, for Bangkok, we thought maybe we can add that as a "safety" destination.
Do you think splitting the 9 days between Singapore, Bali and Bangkok is too much? Should we spend the 6 days in Bali hoping for the best? Or do we go for the safer option and spend the 6 days in Thailand?
Your comments/insight will be most appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable
- 2 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 3 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 4 Where to eat on a budget in Tokyo
- 5 Hotel in Hanoi
- 6 12 days in Japan
- 7 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 8 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 9 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 10 Tigerwalah Experience
- 11 Udon Thani, Thailand - Rustic Pathways high school summer program
- 12 Where best to stay in Penang
- 13 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 14 Bullet train - which JR stations in Tokyo to go to Kyoto
- 15 Beaches closest to Rajasthan
- 16 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 17 Places to see in Kuala Lumpur
- 18 honeymoon in Thailand-help
- 19 Travel from Tokyo to Kanazawa
- 20 Mumbai Airport Help. Is 2 hours enough time for domestic transfer?
- 21 Beijing tours -- worth it?
- 22 Sien Reap Guide/Accomodation
- 23 KOYA-SAN: Hotel, please
- 24 Private guide and driver for India
- 25 NYT: Local cuisine in Siem Reap