My boyfriend and I will be flying into Singapore from NYC (arriving on 12/23/13) to visit a good friend. We are planning on spending 3 days in Singapore. After that, we're stuck on where to spend the next 6 days. We can either fly out of Singapore or Thailand on 1/1/2014. We are considering the following:
a) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (6 days), or
b) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (3 days) + Bangkok (3 days), or
c) Singapore (3 days) + Bangkok & Krabi (or some other beachy location) for 6 days
We are in our early 30's and are very active. We love hiking, bicycling, exploring local neigborhoods, and being close to nature. We also love good food (both high-end and cheap eats). We would love to spend all 6 days in Bali (split between Seminyak and Ubud) but we're somewhat worried about the rainy season and possibly getting rained out the whole time. We'd love to stay in a villa with private pool in Bali, but given the possible rain, not sure it is the best idea to splurge on the lodging if we won't get to make the most out of the villa. Since December is a pretty good time, weather-wise, for Bangkok, we thought maybe we can add that as a "safety" destination.
Do you think splitting the 9 days between Singapore, Bali and Bangkok is too much? Should we spend the 6 days in Bali hoping for the best? Or do we go for the safer option and spend the 6 days in Thailand?
Your comments/insight will be most appreciated!
Bali and/or Thailand in December 2013?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 2 2 weeks backpacking in Philippines
- 3 kyoto hotel - dilema
- 4 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 5 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 6 17 Day Itinerary
- 7 Help with Burma Itinerary
- 8 Singapore
- 9 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 10 Asia Tour Companies
- 11 India at the end of May
- 12 More room for luggage in 1st class Nozomi trains than in regular trains?
- 13 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)
- 14 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 15 Spending a Week in Bangalore-Any Ideas?
- 16 5 and a half full days in Tokyo. Should I consider visiting Kyoto?
- 17 Help Needed for Ambitious 22 day trip Bali and SE ASIA for Mom and Son
- 18 Experience 4 days in Ha Noi, Viet Nam - see,do and eat
- 19 Bringing vitamins to Japan - ok in ziploc baggies?
- 20 singapore accomodation?
- 21 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 22 Hong Kong....How hideous is the flight????
- 23 Beijing Yashou Market Closure
- 24 Three Weeks in Thailand
- 25 Is 7 days too long in Hong Kong