My boyfriend and I will be flying into Singapore from NYC (arriving on 12/23/13) to visit a good friend. We are planning on spending 3 days in Singapore. After that, we're stuck on where to spend the next 6 days. We can either fly out of Singapore or Thailand on 1/1/2014. We are considering the following:
a) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (6 days), or
b) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (3 days) + Bangkok (3 days), or
c) Singapore (3 days) + Bangkok & Krabi (or some other beachy location) for 6 days
We are in our early 30's and are very active. We love hiking, bicycling, exploring local neigborhoods, and being close to nature. We also love good food (both high-end and cheap eats). We would love to spend all 6 days in Bali (split between Seminyak and Ubud) but we're somewhat worried about the rainy season and possibly getting rained out the whole time. We'd love to stay in a villa with private pool in Bali, but given the possible rain, not sure it is the best idea to splurge on the lodging if we won't get to make the most out of the villa. Since December is a pretty good time, weather-wise, for Bangkok, we thought maybe we can add that as a "safety" destination.
Do you think splitting the 9 days between Singapore, Bali and Bangkok is too much? Should we spend the 6 days in Bali hoping for the best? Or do we go for the safer option and spend the 6 days in Thailand?
Your comments/insight will be most appreciated!
Bali and/or Thailand in December 2013?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 2 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 3 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 4 how choose an houseboat or cruice ?
- 5 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 6 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 7 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 8 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 9 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 10 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 11 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 12 Myanmar - some questions
- 13 July itinerary in Japan
- 14 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 15 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 16 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 17 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 18 Chiang Mai - Sightseeing
- 19 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 20 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 21 Lcuy's 2015 Jaunt to Japan; Kyushu w/ Fukuoka, Kumamoto & Kurokawa Onsen
- 22 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 23 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 24 Anything in Hanoi apart from the Old Quarter
- 25 hokkaido outskirts