My boyfriend and I will be flying into Singapore from NYC (arriving on 12/23/13) to visit a good friend. We are planning on spending 3 days in Singapore. After that, we're stuck on where to spend the next 6 days. We can either fly out of Singapore or Thailand on 1/1/2014. We are considering the following:
a) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (6 days), or
b) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (3 days) + Bangkok (3 days), or
c) Singapore (3 days) + Bangkok & Krabi (or some other beachy location) for 6 days
We are in our early 30's and are very active. We love hiking, bicycling, exploring local neigborhoods, and being close to nature. We also love good food (both high-end and cheap eats). We would love to spend all 6 days in Bali (split between Seminyak and Ubud) but we're somewhat worried about the rainy season and possibly getting rained out the whole time. We'd love to stay in a villa with private pool in Bali, but given the possible rain, not sure it is the best idea to splurge on the lodging if we won't get to make the most out of the villa. Since December is a pretty good time, weather-wise, for Bangkok, we thought maybe we can add that as a "safety" destination.
Do you think splitting the 9 days between Singapore, Bali and Bangkok is too much? Should we spend the 6 days in Bali hoping for the best? Or do we go for the safer option and spend the 6 days in Thailand?
Your comments/insight will be most appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Store Tech9logy
- 2 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 3 Flights from US to Asia: Which airline to book?
- 4 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 5 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 6 Need help on itinerary for trip to Vietnam in November
- 7 Vietnam Itinerary -- please critique
- 8 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 9 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 10 Vietnam in February for 8 nights
- 11 Short Trip to Japan & South East Asia
- 12 A great trip in India
- 13 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 14 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 15 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 16 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 17 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 18 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 19 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 20 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 21 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 22 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 23 Sulawesi
- 24 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?
- 25 Direct flight from JFK/Newark to Tokyo