My boyfriend and I will be flying into Singapore from NYC (arriving on 12/23/13) to visit a good friend. We are planning on spending 3 days in Singapore. After that, we're stuck on where to spend the next 6 days. We can either fly out of Singapore or Thailand on 1/1/2014. We are considering the following:
a) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (6 days), or
b) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (3 days) + Bangkok (3 days), or
c) Singapore (3 days) + Bangkok & Krabi (or some other beachy location) for 6 days
We are in our early 30's and are very active. We love hiking, bicycling, exploring local neigborhoods, and being close to nature. We also love good food (both high-end and cheap eats). We would love to spend all 6 days in Bali (split between Seminyak and Ubud) but we're somewhat worried about the rainy season and possibly getting rained out the whole time. We'd love to stay in a villa with private pool in Bali, but given the possible rain, not sure it is the best idea to splurge on the lodging if we won't get to make the most out of the villa. Since December is a pretty good time, weather-wise, for Bangkok, we thought maybe we can add that as a "safety" destination.
Do you think splitting the 9 days between Singapore, Bali and Bangkok is too much? Should we spend the 6 days in Bali hoping for the best? Or do we go for the safer option and spend the 6 days in Thailand?
Your comments/insight will be most appreciated!
Bali and/or Thailand in December 2013?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 2 Myanmar: Anyone traveled to Mrauk U ?
- 3 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 4 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 5 Malaysian honeymoon
- 6 Indonesia - 1 month itinerary
- 7 China in July or October?
- 8 Japan or China? First Trip to Asia
- 9 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 10 Beach selection in Thailand
- 11 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 12 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 13 Tokyo to Takayama with transit in Matsumoto in one day
- 14 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 16 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 17 India - 2 Days only
- 18 Burma river cruise
- 19 hotel Paradise Island in Bentota, Sri Lanka toxic hepatitis.
- 20 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 21 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 22 Red River Delta in Viet Nam: A Good Idea for a Day Trip from Hanoi?
- 23 Travel during China national week?
- 24 My trip report from the Philippines
- 25 China with Collette Tours