My boyfriend and I will be flying into Singapore from NYC (arriving on 12/23/13) to visit a good friend. We are planning on spending 3 days in Singapore. After that, we're stuck on where to spend the next 6 days. We can either fly out of Singapore or Thailand on 1/1/2014. We are considering the following:
a) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (6 days), or
b) Singapore (3 days) + Bali (3 days) + Bangkok (3 days), or
c) Singapore (3 days) + Bangkok & Krabi (or some other beachy location) for 6 days
We are in our early 30's and are very active. We love hiking, bicycling, exploring local neigborhoods, and being close to nature. We also love good food (both high-end and cheap eats). We would love to spend all 6 days in Bali (split between Seminyak and Ubud) but we're somewhat worried about the rainy season and possibly getting rained out the whole time. We'd love to stay in a villa with private pool in Bali, but given the possible rain, not sure it is the best idea to splurge on the lodging if we won't get to make the most out of the villa. Since December is a pretty good time, weather-wise, for Bangkok, we thought maybe we can add that as a "safety" destination.
Do you think splitting the 9 days between Singapore, Bali and Bangkok is too much? Should we spend the 6 days in Bali hoping for the best? Or do we go for the safer option and spend the 6 days in Thailand?
Your comments/insight will be most appreciated!
Bali and/or Thailand in December 2013?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 2 Independent female traveller
- 3 Castle & King
- 4 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 5 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 6 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 7 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 8 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 9 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 10 One week in India
- 11 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 12 End of March - Seeking a fabulous ryokan relatively near Tokyo for 2 nights
- 13 North Vietnam Again!
- 14 Bangkok airport taxi options
- 15 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 16 Complex Travel Group - Doable? Safe?
- 17 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 18 6 nights at Bahdhavgahr, or split between Bandhavgarg and Kanha?
- 19 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 20 Borneo or Sri Lanka for vacation?
- 21 reviews wanted for Sinorama tour company
- 22 We Recommend Our Guides! Saigon, Hanoi, Phnom Penh, Angkor
- 23 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 24 Anyone visit an Orphanage while in Sri Lanka???-Want to help if we can
- 25 Has anyone seen any tandem bicycle rentals in Luang Prabang?