Last month I went on a 2 week tour of Mongolia with the above tour group and it was a disaster. Basically, the company hires tour guides and lets the guide pick the gers where we will be staying and the menus. Our guide was a deranged angry man who picked really sleazy places (muddy floors in the gers, excrement on the bathroom floor, showers from the Stalinist era, toilets which were broken and overflowing, etc.). We knew right away that there were kickbacks. While hiking (without the guide) we met a German tour guide who asked where we were staying and when we pointed to our camp, he said his company won't book with them any more due to sanitary conditions, and this wasn't even the worst place we stayed! The guide threatened a man in his 70's, called us stupid and said things like "I know what you people are like. You are all alike". He also left us in the Gobi Desert for 4 hours because he would not call the camp (one hour away) and lose face with the driver. The most amazing part was when we actually met Gana, the supervisor in UB, she acknowledged that they allow the guide to pick the places and do not ever see these places themselves. They don't even know what we/they are paying for. She said that she would pass this on to the US which she did not. I just got call (sales staff, hmmm) from the company and a series of emails telling me how others said the trip was great. That is not what anyone said during the trip. Frankly we were all scared by this guy, particularly as he could be friendly one minute and then flip to psycho the next. Beware of this company as they do not supervise their guides and then just cover their tracks with lies. Horrible people.
Bad experience with Mongol Tours, aka MG Tours
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Great place for a vacation
- 2 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 3 Best way to Shimla from Delhi ?
- 4 Night viewing of the Tajmahal
- 5 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 6 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 7 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 8 Kyushu rail pass
- 9 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 10 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 11 Thailand and Southeast Asia - Advice for Lone Female
- 12 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 13 A wow spot
- 14 Myanmar itinerary help
- 15 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 16 Suggestions for time for Vietnam itinerary, please
- 17 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 18 6 full days in Yagoon
- 19 Phuket travel plans and hotel advise
- 20 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 21 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 22 Terrible experience with BLS international Houston
- 23 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 24 Can I arrive 5 days earlier then stated on VISA application?
- 25 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??