Researching for a month-long trip to Sri Lanka I read from older posts varying opinions regarding how feasible / rewarding can be to travel at backpacker cost.
So many posts mention steep extra charges on foreigners and many locals trying to charge up market tariffs even if they own simple guesthouses.
Maybe the Sri Lankan government doesn't want that part of travel market?
I read also that government charges really expensive entrance fees to popular sites.
Backpacker cost is not really set in stone by anyone, but maybe could assume that might go around 30 us$ - 30 euro for solo travel?
And if probably it is possible to travel at a low cost, maybe you struggle a lot and miss too many good things?
Any ideas/ experiences on feasibility for enjoyable backpacker travel would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Cherry Blossom time 2018
- 2 Japan rough itinerary
- 3 Silk Road Tour - China
- 4 Vietnam visa debate
- 5 Transfers and hotel Hong Kong
- 6 Vietnam visa
- 7 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 8 Bye bye SE Asia
- 9 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 12 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 13 India Tour Companies
- 14 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 15 Laos planning.
- 16 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 17 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 18 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 19 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 20 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 21 One night in Osaka
- 22 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 23 Japan - costs
- 24 Japan for Foodies
- 25 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand