Researching for a month-long trip to Sri Lanka I read from older posts varying opinions regarding how feasible / rewarding can be to travel at backpacker cost.
So many posts mention steep extra charges on foreigners and many locals trying to charge up market tariffs even if they own simple guesthouses.
Maybe the Sri Lankan government doesn't want that part of travel market?
I read also that government charges really expensive entrance fees to popular sites.
Backpacker cost is not really set in stone by anyone, but maybe could assume that might go around 30 us$ - 30 euro for solo travel?
And if probably it is possible to travel at a low cost, maybe you struggle a lot and miss too many good things?
Any ideas/ experiences on feasibility for enjoyable backpacker travel would be great!
Backpacker low budget trip doable / welcomed in SL??
- 1 Choosing a honeymoon Thai beach destination
- 2 July trip to Asia- advice needed
- 3 India, What Can I Say!
- 4 Do you know this couple? They travel from SE Asia to Chicago Tuesday
- 5 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 6 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 7 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 8 Best Time to Visit Goa
- 9 Wildlife Tour of India
- 10 taxi from manila airport to makati
- 11 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 12 Mumbai: Oberoi or Four Seasons
- 13 Please help with one month Indonesia itinerary!
- 14 Suggestion on good hotel with kitchenette in Jogjakarta
- 15 Honeymoon in Bali, July 2013
- 16 Searching Flights from JFK to Malaysai, average price range?
- 17 Saphan Taksin station in the news again?
- 18 Busan cruise terminal to Busan central station
- 19 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 20 hotel for quick stopover in Bali?
- 21 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 22 Burma features "Alice in Wonderland"
- 23 Any Recommendations for an Agra Hotel?
- 24 Pushpesh Baid wants suggestions for south India trip
- 25 Conference venues around Pune City?