Researching for a month-long trip to Sri Lanka I read from older posts varying opinions regarding how feasible / rewarding can be to travel at backpacker cost.
So many posts mention steep extra charges on foreigners and many locals trying to charge up market tariffs even if they own simple guesthouses.
Maybe the Sri Lankan government doesn't want that part of travel market?
I read also that government charges really expensive entrance fees to popular sites.
Backpacker cost is not really set in stone by anyone, but maybe could assume that might go around 30 us$ - 30 euro for solo travel?
And if probably it is possible to travel at a low cost, maybe you struggle a lot and miss too many good things?
Any ideas/ experiences on feasibility for enjoyable backpacker travel would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 What island to visit while visiting HongKong
- 2 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 3 Georgia (country) Trip Report
- 4 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 5 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 6 Advice on hotels in Shinjuku
- 7 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 8 New Years in Japan
- 9 A Victory Day Tour
- 10 Traffic and Police in India
- 11 India visa for new passport
- 12 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 13 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 14 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 15 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 16 Serendipity Srilanka
- 17 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 18 New Thai Visa
- 19 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 20 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 21 Sri Lanka in December
- 22 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 23 january 31 in colombo
- 24 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 25 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang