Researching for a month-long trip to Sri Lanka I read from older posts varying opinions regarding how feasible / rewarding can be to travel at backpacker cost.
So many posts mention steep extra charges on foreigners and many locals trying to charge up market tariffs even if they own simple guesthouses.
Maybe the Sri Lankan government doesn't want that part of travel market?
I read also that government charges really expensive entrance fees to popular sites.
Backpacker cost is not really set in stone by anyone, but maybe could assume that might go around 30 us$ - 30 euro for solo travel?
And if probably it is possible to travel at a low cost, maybe you struggle a lot and miss too many good things?
Any ideas/ experiences on feasibility for enjoyable backpacker travel would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AOL GMAIL Password Reset CONTACT ☎1800:681:7208AOLTec*h
- 2 AOL GMAIL Password Reset CONTACT ☎1800:681:7208AOLTec*h
- 3 hiking japan sept
- 4 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 5 Terracotta Warriors
- 6 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 7 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 8 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 9 The best way to My Son
- 10 Japan Itinerary!
- 11 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 12 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 13 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 14 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 15 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 16 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 17 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 18 Japan rough itinerary
- 19 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 20 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 21 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 22 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 23 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 24 shanghai for 4 days
- 25 Budget Servied Apt