Researching for a month-long trip to Sri Lanka I read from older posts varying opinions regarding how feasible / rewarding can be to travel at backpacker cost.
So many posts mention steep extra charges on foreigners and many locals trying to charge up market tariffs even if they own simple guesthouses.
Maybe the Sri Lankan government doesn't want that part of travel market?
I read also that government charges really expensive entrance fees to popular sites.
Backpacker cost is not really set in stone by anyone, but maybe could assume that might go around 30 us$ - 30 euro for solo travel?
And if probably it is possible to travel at a low cost, maybe you struggle a lot and miss too many good things?
Any ideas/ experiences on feasibility for enjoyable backpacker travel would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER 1888:482:3831 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 India help needed
- 3 Hotel in Hanoi
- 4 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 5 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 6 Place to stay Hue
- 7 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 8 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 9 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 10 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 11 Hoi Ann hotel
- 12 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 13 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 14 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 15 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 16 Trekking outside Sapa
- 17 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 18 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 19 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 20 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 21 Go to Pai or not?
- 22 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 23 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India
- 24 Thai Island Itinerary
- 25 Thailand