Researching for a month-long trip to Sri Lanka I read from older posts varying opinions regarding how feasible / rewarding can be to travel at backpacker cost.
So many posts mention steep extra charges on foreigners and many locals trying to charge up market tariffs even if they own simple guesthouses.
Maybe the Sri Lankan government doesn't want that part of travel market?
I read also that government charges really expensive entrance fees to popular sites.
Backpacker cost is not really set in stone by anyone, but maybe could assume that might go around 30 us$ - 30 euro for solo travel?
And if probably it is possible to travel at a low cost, maybe you struggle a lot and miss too many good things?
Any ideas/ experiences on feasibility for enjoyable backpacker travel would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 2 Passport
- 3 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 4 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 5 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 6 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 7 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 8 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 9 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 10 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 11 Amakusa island help
- 12 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 13 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 14 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 15 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 16 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 17 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 18 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
- 19 Japan Itinerary
- 20 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 21 Toddler twin travel in India
- 22 Train vs Taxi from BKK to hotel
- 23 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 24 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 25 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans