i am not as talented a writer as many of you but will try to post highlights of our trip and I am more than willing to answer any questions. Our itinerary consisted of 3 nights Delhi, 2 nights Agra, 2 nights Jaipur, 2 nights Ranthambore, 4 nights Udaipur and 3 nights Mumbai.
We stayed in the Oberoi bubble with the exception of one night in Mumbai. For us, the bubble felt essential. We are a family of 5 and found the oasis of the oberoi essential to a balanced vacation.
I planned trip myself after much help from this forum and trip advisor. We used India by car and Driver and they did not live up to expectation-from positive reviews. They were fine but our driver was not quite an English speaking guide and there were few other issues.
Oberoi is close to perfection. If I had to do over I would skip ranthambore-safari was not for us. Interestingly, it must be us because most people do 2-3 safaris...we did one, did not see tiger and couldn't wait to cancel our 2nd safari. The oberoi in Ranthambore is lovely and general manager the best but if I had to do over I would have done Jodphur instead.
We saw so much and experienced so much: Highlights included
1. Rickshaw ride in old Delhi
2. visit to village school in Udaipur
3. elephant safari-through beautiful village (Narlai)
4. Ayavedic massage-for the experience...more than relaxation
Shopped a ton...got taken advantage of but slowly learned. Had custom made men's clothes and dresses made for my daughter
ate best food ever....
Overall amazing experience....loved india. If I think of other highlights I will post. Still little jet lagged.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 US : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 3 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 4 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 5 Bali & Singapore in October
- 6 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 7 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 8 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 9 Booking on the fly
- 10 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 11 Tea estates of Munnar
- 12 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 13 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 14 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 15 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 16 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 17 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 18 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
- 19 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 20 like my food
- 21 Laos or Kerala?
- 22 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 23 Portable wifi rental
- 24 21 Day Itinerary to Myanmar - Looking for Suggestions
- 25 Myanmar Itinerary -would like some help!
Back from wonderful two plus weeks in India!!!