i am not as talented a writer as many of you but will try to post highlights of our trip and I am more than willing to answer any questions. Our itinerary consisted of 3 nights Delhi, 2 nights Agra, 2 nights Jaipur, 2 nights Ranthambore, 4 nights Udaipur and 3 nights Mumbai.
We stayed in the Oberoi bubble with the exception of one night in Mumbai. For us, the bubble felt essential. We are a family of 5 and found the oasis of the oberoi essential to a balanced vacation.
I planned trip myself after much help from this forum and trip advisor. We used India by car and Driver and they did not live up to expectation-from positive reviews. They were fine but our driver was not quite an English speaking guide and there were few other issues.
Oberoi is close to perfection. If I had to do over I would skip ranthambore-safari was not for us. Interestingly, it must be us because most people do 2-3 safaris...we did one, did not see tiger and couldn't wait to cancel our 2nd safari. The oberoi in Ranthambore is lovely and general manager the best but if I had to do over I would have done Jodphur instead.
We saw so much and experienced so much: Highlights included
1. Rickshaw ride in old Delhi
2. visit to village school in Udaipur
3. elephant safari-through beautiful village (Narlai)
4. Ayavedic massage-for the experience...more than relaxation
Shopped a ton...got taken advantage of but slowly learned. Had custom made men's clothes and dresses made for my daughter
ate best food ever....
Overall amazing experience....loved india. If I think of other highlights I will post. Still little jet lagged.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 2 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 3 First time to SEA
- 4 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok
- 5 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 6 Hakone station confusion
- 7 Seoul Searching Questions
- 8 Malaysia or Philipines May or end of June
- 9 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 10 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 11 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 12 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 13 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 14 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 15 Japanese art
- 16 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 17 Backstreet Academy
- 18 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 19 Visa on Arrival
- 20 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 21 Cebu where to stay
- 22 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 23 Borneo/Sabah Itinerary: Danum or Kinabatagan?
- 24 Last questions (train pass!) on 19-day itinerary
- 25 Traveling to SE Asia
Back from wonderful two plus weeks in India!!!