i am not as talented a writer as many of you but will try to post highlights of our trip and I am more than willing to answer any questions. Our itinerary consisted of 3 nights Delhi, 2 nights Agra, 2 nights Jaipur, 2 nights Ranthambore, 4 nights Udaipur and 3 nights Mumbai.
We stayed in the Oberoi bubble with the exception of one night in Mumbai. For us, the bubble felt essential. We are a family of 5 and found the oasis of the oberoi essential to a balanced vacation.
I planned trip myself after much help from this forum and trip advisor. We used India by car and Driver and they did not live up to expectation-from positive reviews. They were fine but our driver was not quite an English speaking guide and there were few other issues.
Oberoi is close to perfection. If I had to do over I would skip ranthambore-safari was not for us. Interestingly, it must be us because most people do 2-3 safaris...we did one, did not see tiger and couldn't wait to cancel our 2nd safari. The oberoi in Ranthambore is lovely and general manager the best but if I had to do over I would have done Jodphur instead.
We saw so much and experienced so much: Highlights included
1. Rickshaw ride in old Delhi
2. visit to village school in Udaipur
3. elephant safari-through beautiful village (Narlai)
4. Ayavedic massage-for the experience...more than relaxation
Shopped a ton...got taken advantage of but slowly learned. Had custom made men's clothes and dresses made for my daughter
ate best food ever....
Overall amazing experience....loved india. If I think of other highlights I will post. Still little jet lagged.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://wellnessfeeds.com/rejuvalex-hair-regrowth/
- 2 offshoremedicalcoding
- 3 Where to go to Sapa, Vietnam
- 4 India visa for new passport
- 5 THINGS TO DO IN HANOI OLD QUARTER IN ONE DAY
- 6 Which is the best tourist place in India?
- 7 Aptitude preparation
- 8 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 9 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 10 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 11 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 12 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 13 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 14 Traffic and Police in India
- 15 Serendipity Srilanka
- 16 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 17 New Thai Visa
- 18 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 19 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 20 New Years in Japan
- 21 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 22 Sri Lanka in December
- 23 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 24 january 31 in colombo
- 25 sri lanka two places, two hotels
Back from wonderful two plus weeks in India!!!