i am not as talented a writer as many of you but will try to post highlights of our trip and I am more than willing to answer any questions. Our itinerary consisted of 3 nights Delhi, 2 nights Agra, 2 nights Jaipur, 2 nights Ranthambore, 4 nights Udaipur and 3 nights Mumbai.
We stayed in the Oberoi bubble with the exception of one night in Mumbai. For us, the bubble felt essential. We are a family of 5 and found the oasis of the oberoi essential to a balanced vacation.
I planned trip myself after much help from this forum and trip advisor. We used India by car and Driver and they did not live up to expectation-from positive reviews. They were fine but our driver was not quite an English speaking guide and there were few other issues.
Oberoi is close to perfection. If I had to do over I would skip ranthambore-safari was not for us. Interestingly, it must be us because most people do 2-3 safaris...we did one, did not see tiger and couldn't wait to cancel our 2nd safari. The oberoi in Ranthambore is lovely and general manager the best but if I had to do over I would have done Jodphur instead.
We saw so much and experienced so much: Highlights included
1. Rickshaw ride in old Delhi
2. visit to village school in Udaipur
3. elephant safari-through beautiful village (Narlai)
4. Ayavedic massage-for the experience...more than relaxation
Shopped a ton...got taken advantage of but slowly learned. Had custom made men's clothes and dresses made for my daughter
ate best food ever....
Overall amazing experience....loved india. If I think of other highlights I will post. Still little jet lagged.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 2 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 3 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 4 Thoughts on this itinerary
- 5 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 6 It can be cheap but awesome!
- 7 Totally unprepared
- 8 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 9 Shanghai Airpor overnight
- 10 Chengdu, China - Giant Panda Research Base Travel Report
- 11 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 12 Rental Car Bali
- 13 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 14 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 15 Good Eats in Chiang Mai / Chiang Rai
- 16 A great trip in India
- 17 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 18 Krabi, Koh Lanta or other
- 19 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 20 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 21 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 22 Beggars in Siem Reap and Angkor
- 23 Some notes about South Korea
- 24 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 25 Burma itinerary critic.
Back from wonderful two plus weeks in India!!!