i am not as talented a writer as many of you but will try to post highlights of our trip and I am more than willing to answer any questions. Our itinerary consisted of 3 nights Delhi, 2 nights Agra, 2 nights Jaipur, 2 nights Ranthambore, 4 nights Udaipur and 3 nights Mumbai.
We stayed in the Oberoi bubble with the exception of one night in Mumbai. For us, the bubble felt essential. We are a family of 5 and found the oasis of the oberoi essential to a balanced vacation.
I planned trip myself after much help from this forum and trip advisor. We used India by car and Driver and they did not live up to expectation-from positive reviews. They were fine but our driver was not quite an English speaking guide and there were few other issues.
Oberoi is close to perfection. If I had to do over I would skip ranthambore-safari was not for us. Interestingly, it must be us because most people do 2-3 safaris...we did one, did not see tiger and couldn't wait to cancel our 2nd safari. The oberoi in Ranthambore is lovely and general manager the best but if I had to do over I would have done Jodphur instead.
We saw so much and experienced so much: Highlights included
1. Rickshaw ride in old Delhi
2. visit to village school in Udaipur
3. elephant safari-through beautiful village (Narlai)
4. Ayavedic massage-for the experience...more than relaxation
Shopped a ton...got taken advantage of but slowly learned. Had custom made men's clothes and dresses made for my daughter
ate best food ever....
Overall amazing experience....loved india. If I think of other highlights I will post. Still little jet lagged.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 2 Tokyo hotel help
- 3 Private tours in Northern India
- 4 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 5 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 6 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?
- 9 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 10 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 11 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 12 Beware of China Job, Study & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 13 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 14 Vietnam visa
- 15 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 16 Family Friendly Penang
- 17 Train trip costs help please
- 18 Weather forecast
- 19 Bali - What to do?
- 20 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 21 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 22 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 23 Sri Lanka advice
- 24 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 25 Ryokan in Japan
Back from wonderful two plus weeks in India!!!