In Europe it's pretty easy to decide where you want to go, as you go along -- jump on a train, get there and tourist counter helps you find lodging, and you're done.
In US you can do that, but the flights are going to cost you an arm and a leg (unless...)
What about Asia please? I don't KNOW where I want to go. If I spend two night in HK (just for the rhythm) then fly to BKK with reservations, can I decide from there? Or are airfares and lack of hotels going to truly mess me up?
What about India?
(Yes, I know I will have to get visas ahead of time...)
I am taking a month off, and pretty much need to leave by the second week in March. I'm usually a total "planner" but that's sort of the point of this trip -- to do and go where I feel like it at the time. OTOH I'm a generation or two too old to be doing the backpacking/hostel thing -- budget hotels without bugs are fine, but I do want hot water and A/C...
Any and all thoughts appreciated. I apologize if this thread already has been done, but I did do some searching without finding any threads on point.
Many, many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Mumbai Escorts, Escorts in Mumbai
- 2 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 3 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 4 Trip Report : China
- 5 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 6 A great trip in India
- 7 Japan GTG, early April
- 8 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 9 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 10 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 11 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 12 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 13 Beijing tours
- 14 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 15 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 16 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 17 Takayama trail, Japan
- 18 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 19 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 20 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 21 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 22 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 23 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 24 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 25 Visa for India