In Europe it's pretty easy to decide where you want to go, as you go along -- jump on a train, get there and tourist counter helps you find lodging, and you're done.
In US you can do that, but the flights are going to cost you an arm and a leg (unless...)
What about Asia please? I don't KNOW where I want to go. If I spend two night in HK (just for the rhythm) then fly to BKK with reservations, can I decide from there? Or are airfares and lack of hotels going to truly mess me up?
What about India?
(Yes, I know I will have to get visas ahead of time...)
I am taking a month off, and pretty much need to leave by the second week in March. I'm usually a total "planner" but that's sort of the point of this trip -- to do and go where I feel like it at the time. OTOH I'm a generation or two too old to be doing the backpacking/hostel thing -- budget hotels without bugs are fine, but I do want hot water and A/C...
Any and all thoughts appreciated. I apologize if this thread already has been done, but I did do some searching without finding any threads on point.
Many, many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 2 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 3 Mumbai short visit
- 4 MUMBAI/Dharavi-slum tours-Reality Tours
- 5 Japan Itinerary!
- 6 Thai Elephants
- 7 Anybody would like to visit AAA 2018 with me?
- 8 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 9 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 10 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 11 Luggage size China ?
- 12 Sri Lanka in August
- 13 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 14 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 15 India itinerary critique please
- 16 Japan/Korea/HK
- 17 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 18 Vientiane and ??
- 19 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 20 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 21 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?
- 24 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 25 7ish days in Myanmar, advice please (itinerary, ballooning, restaurants)