I am working with a tour guide who will drive us from Bangkok to Ayutthaya for a day trip (depart 8 am - return 4 pm). We are a family of three (2 adults and 1 eight-year old). We will have visited Siem Reap in Cambodia prior to this trip. Here's the itinerary that has been proposed.
- Bang Pa-In Summer Palace
- The Old Royal Grand Palace & The Old Royal Temple (Wat Phra Si Sanphet)
- Viharn Phra Mongkhon Bophit
- Wat Mahathat (Temple of the Great Relics)
- Wat Ratchaburana OR Wat Yai Chai Mongkol
- Private Long-Tail Boat ride around the historic ruined city (*See Wat Chaiwatthanaram from the boat)
1. Since I have to pick either, what do you recommend between Wat Ratchaburana OR Wat Yai Chai Mongkol?
2. Is it okay to see Wat Chaiwatthanaram from the boat, or should we be visiting it? If visiting is a must, what can I remove from the itinerary to make room for it?
3. Anything else that must be added or removed from this itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Gutted!
- 2 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 3 Family Trip to Japan
- 4 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 5 5 weeks in Japan
- 6 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 7 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 8 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 9 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 10 New Member
- 11 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 12 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 13 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 14 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 15 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 16 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 17 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 18 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 19 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 20 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 21 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 22 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 23 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 24 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 25 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
Any Feedback on this Bangkok to Ayutthaya one-day itinerary?