I am working with a tour guide who will drive us from Bangkok to Ayutthaya for a day trip (depart 8 am - return 4 pm). We are a family of three (2 adults and 1 eight-year old). We will have visited Siem Reap in Cambodia prior to this trip. Here's the itinerary that has been proposed.
- Bang Pa-In Summer Palace
- The Old Royal Grand Palace & The Old Royal Temple (Wat Phra Si Sanphet)
- Viharn Phra Mongkhon Bophit
- Wat Mahathat (Temple of the Great Relics)
- Wat Ratchaburana OR Wat Yai Chai Mongkol
- Private Long-Tail Boat ride around the historic ruined city (*See Wat Chaiwatthanaram from the boat)
1. Since I have to pick either, what do you recommend between Wat Ratchaburana OR Wat Yai Chai Mongkol?
2. Is it okay to see Wat Chaiwatthanaram from the boat, or should we be visiting it? If visiting is a must, what can I remove from the itinerary to make room for it?
3. Anything else that must be added or removed from this itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 2 Japan rough itinerary
- 3 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 4 Budget Servied Apt
- 5 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 6 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 7 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 8 Something about... Malaysia
- 9 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 10 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids
- 11 Layover in Seoul with a dog?
- 12 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 13 Tour Companies for Vietnam trip
- 14 Japan - Your favorite locations in Kyushu
- 15 Japan Itinerary!
- 16 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 17 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 18 Chiang Mai, Thailand and Myanmar
- 19 First Trip to Japan in August
- 20 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 21 Cherry Blossom Trip April 2018
- 22 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 23 Japan - restaurant reservations
- 24 Planning third trip to Japan
- 25 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
Any Feedback on this Bangkok to Ayutthaya one-day itinerary?