It has been a while since I posted on the forum because we haven't been back to Asia in about 4 years (we actually had a Borneo trip all planned but had to cancel because of work ). But now it looks like we might have the time and the tickets so off we go (we hope). I only began to seriously begin planning yesterday when were able to put a hold on tickets. So our itin looks like this
We arrive in BKK in the evening and want one or two full days. Fly to Burma and have either 13 or 14nights here. Then a day in BKK, and a one night layover in HKG before heading home.
I've emailed Santa Maria and asked them for some suggested itineraries with 3- 4 nights each in Bagan and Inle , and minimal time in Mandalay, only to use it as a base for side trips if necessary. I'm staring out with a few questions for you all and before I can get my hands on a guidebook, which wont be until wednesday, as I am out of the country until then.
First, what is the different between staying in bagan and New Bagan, I cant quite figure that out from the posts.
Second, in my first email to Santa Maria, Zaw seemed to discourage more than 3 nights at Bagan Inle. We like to try to stay put and relax, not rush around a lot. Plus it will be hot in July and that can have a bad effect on DHif he isn't careful. So what would an itinerary lookalike that would allow unto take a bit easier, stay in very nice places and enjoy the beauty of Burma?
Any strong recs given the time of year? We probably do not want to go to a beach resort, as we spend a great deal of time in anguilla.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 From Bali--Sumatra or Borneo?
- 2 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 3 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 4 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 5 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 6 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 7 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 8 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 9 Road Scholar tour in China
- 10 China in june-July
- 11 Driver for a 18 day trip in Sri Lanka?
- 12 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 13 ? Regarding Can Tho floating market
- 14 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 15 Bali - What to do?
- 16 China in July
- 17 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 18 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 19 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 20 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 21 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 22 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 23 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 24 Being customs
- 25 Itinerary feedback please