It has been a while since I posted on the forum because we haven't been back to Asia in about 4 years (we actually had a Borneo trip all planned but had to cancel because of work ). But now it looks like we might have the time and the tickets so off we go (we hope). I only began to seriously begin planning yesterday when were able to put a hold on tickets. So our itin looks like this
We arrive in BKK in the evening and want one or two full days. Fly to Burma and have either 13 or 14nights here. Then a day in BKK, and a one night layover in HKG before heading home.
I've emailed Santa Maria and asked them for some suggested itineraries with 3- 4 nights each in Bagan and Inle , and minimal time in Mandalay, only to use it as a base for side trips if necessary. I'm staring out with a few questions for you all and before I can get my hands on a guidebook, which wont be until wednesday, as I am out of the country until then.
First, what is the different between staying in bagan and New Bagan, I cant quite figure that out from the posts.
Second, in my first email to Santa Maria, Zaw seemed to discourage more than 3 nights at Bagan Inle. We like to try to stay put and relax, not rush around a lot. Plus it will be hot in July and that can have a bad effect on DHif he isn't careful. So what would an itinerary lookalike that would allow unto take a bit easier, stay in very nice places and enjoy the beauty of Burma?
Any strong recs given the time of year? We probably do not want to go to a beach resort, as we spend a great deal of time in anguilla.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 2 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 3 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 4 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 5 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 6 India Tour Companies
- 7 Bye bye SE Asia
- 8 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 9 Laos planning.
- 10 Japan rough itinerary
- 11 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 12 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 13 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 14 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 15 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 16 One night in Osaka
- 17 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 18 Japan - costs
- 19 Japan for Foodies
- 20 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 21 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 22 Japan Rail Pass
- 23 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 24 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 25 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018