It has been a while since I posted on the forum because we haven't been back to Asia in about 4 years (we actually had a Borneo trip all planned but had to cancel because of work ). But now it looks like we might have the time and the tickets so off we go (we hope). I only began to seriously begin planning yesterday when were able to put a hold on tickets. So our itin looks like this
We arrive in BKK in the evening and want one or two full days. Fly to Burma and have either 13 or 14nights here. Then a day in BKK, and a one night layover in HKG before heading home.
I've emailed Santa Maria and asked them for some suggested itineraries with 3- 4 nights each in Bagan and Inle , and minimal time in Mandalay, only to use it as a base for side trips if necessary. I'm staring out with a few questions for you all and before I can get my hands on a guidebook, which wont be until wednesday, as I am out of the country until then.
First, what is the different between staying in bagan and New Bagan, I cant quite figure that out from the posts.
Second, in my first email to Santa Maria, Zaw seemed to discourage more than 3 nights at Bagan Inle. We like to try to stay put and relax, not rush around a lot. Plus it will be hot in July and that can have a bad effect on DHif he isn't careful. So what would an itinerary lookalike that would allow unto take a bit easier, stay in very nice places and enjoy the beauty of Burma?
Any strong recs given the time of year? We probably do not want to go to a beach resort, as we spend a great deal of time in anguilla.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.kesamuroa.com/shred-fx/
- 2 Natural Sights in Japan Near Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 3 What's on in Kyoto 4th -9th October 2017
- 4 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 5 where to stay in Busan
- 6 First time to India
- 7 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 8 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 9 Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam for 65 year olds
- 10 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 11 Booking a train and pulling out my hair doing it!
- 12 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 13 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 14 Thai Jungle Experience
- 15 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 16 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 17 First time getting out of the country
- 18 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 19 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 20 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 21 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 22 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 23 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 24 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 25 Across Uzbekistan with MIR